Which days for SW + BG Memorial Week?

SnowWhitee

Luv 2 vacation with the Mouse
We are taking a Disney break this year and visiting SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. I'm having a hard time deciding which days to do certain parks, so I'm hoping you all can help.

We arrive the evening of May 28 and leave June 4. So we have a whole week, but here is where I'm stuck:

1. I have read that BG is a "locals park" and tends to be more crowded on weekends. BUT, I hear that I-4 is a madhouse during the week at rush hours, so I'm wondering if the weekend is the lesser of all evils. I am thinking of going May 29. We'll have our own car, so we don't necessarily have to take the BG shuttle. Thoughts?
  2. SW's schedule for Memorial weekend says they are open until 10 PM. The shows only go until 6-ish though. Do you think the schedule will change and that they will show the special night shows that weekend? Closing time goes back to 6 or 7 pm the rest of the week. I'm worried they might not show the special shows since Summer Nights doesn't start until later in June.
  3. If the special night shows do happen that weekend, I'm thinking of spending Monday am doing whatever and then going to SW that afternoon/evening. Will that work or do you think the park could close due to capacity? I was thinking we'd then go for part or all of another weekday to see the shows/exhibits missed on Monday.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

We are taking a Disney break this year and visiting SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. I'm having a hard time deciding which days to do certain parks, so I'm hoping you all can help.

We arrive the evening of May 28 and leave June 4. So we have a whole week, but here is where I'm stuck:

1. I have read that BG is a "locals park" and tends to be more crowded on weekends. BUT, I hear that I-4 is a madhouse during the week at rush hours, so I'm wondering if the weekend is the lesser of all evils. I am thinking of going May 29. We'll have our own car, so we don't necessarily have to take the BG shuttle. Thoughts?
  2. SW's schedule for Memorial weekend says they are open until 10 PM. The shows only go until 6-ish though. Do you think the schedule will change and that they will show the special night shows that weekend? Closing time goes back to 6 or 7 pm the rest of the week. I'm worried they might not show the special shows since Summer Nights doesn't start until later in June.
  3. If the special night shows do happen that weekend, I'm thinking of spending Monday am doing whatever and then going to SW that afternoon/evening. Will that work or do you think the park could close due to capacity? I was thinking we'd then go for part or all of another weekday to see the shows/exhibits missed on Monday.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

The schedule posted on the Seaworld Orlando site is wrong. That is actually the show schedule for the Seaworld in San Diego. Anytime the park is open until 10:00pm, you will have special night shows. Which are different shows than the day shows. These shows will be around 8 or 9:00 at night. The real show schedule for May should come out next week. Because the park hours go from like 7 to 10 on that one weekend, the show schedule for that weekend may not be available until the week before so that Seaworld can more accurately predict crowd size and therefore add or take away shows when necessary.

For the days your visiting Seaworld, I would go on one of the days during a 10:00 closing. Because you are correct in thinking that the special night shows will not be offered for a 7:00 closing. If you can, try and split Seaworld into 2 days since doing a park opening to park close is a long day. Especially for a 10:00 closing. I would suggest doing Seaworld in the morning on Sunday the 29th. Sunday Mornings tend to be less crowded because people are at church. Plan to spend until 4 or 5 at the park seeing all the day shows, rides and exhibits.

Come back to Seaworld Monday night for the night shows, rides and exhibits you may have missed or want to see again. Monday night should be less crowded because it will be a school night for local kids who had an extended weekend due to the holiday. Most out of town people should be leaving at this time too since school starts back up for them the next day (Especially since it should be finals week for older kids) Plan to be at Seaworld around 3 and stay until park closing. One of the special night shows, "Sealions tonight", is a funny show that spoofs the Seaworld day shows. So I would suggest seeing all the day shows on your Sunday visit before you see this night show.

The remainder of the week should be less busy with kids being back at school, so during the day on any weekday after Monday should be a great day to visit BG or Aquatica (Seaworlds Water Park) or even Seaworld for a 3rd time if you really wanted to. :lmao:

Hope you have a great time, any other questions, feel free to ask! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter