Which DHS ride should I prioritize with our Advance DAS? SDD? TSMM? TT?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
I know my kids will want to ride Smugglers Run, so we will prioritize that as our DHS #1. But for #2 I'm torn. I think they would prioritize Tower of Terror, but I keep reading that Slinky Dog Dash is harder to get on your park day, and we will be there around July 4th so crowd levels will be high. I'm leaning towards SDD and hoping to snag a TT LL the day we are there. Thoughts?

I'm hoping to avoid getting G+ but I may cave when we are there. For one, I expect it could be $35 per person due to the holiday. Second, I have read that G+ probably won't get you more than 2, maybe 3 LL's in DHS on a busy day. Multiple "experts" have said that G+ is best utilized on moderate crowd days, and the more packed the parks become the less valuable G+ becomes.

I don’t plan far in advance so don’t usually get my requests in at the 30 day mark. With short notice I’ve never managed to get SSD or ToT as advanced selections. But iVe had no trouble getting them as in park DAS. As long as they are running, you can use the app and get a return time. We are usually happy to get Toy Story in advance since that’s on everyone’s list.

I am confused by the comment of SDD being harder to get on your park day. Do you mean harder to get ahead of time or once you are actually in the park? It should not be a problem to get both Slinky and ToT day of if you are in the park long enough. How long do you plan to be in the park?

I am confused by the comment of SDD being harder to get on your park day. Do you mean harder to get ahead of time or once you are actually in the park? It should not be a problem to get both Slinky and ToT day of if you are in the park long enough. How long do you plan to be in the park?
My daughter gets very overstimulated. 3-5 hours (5 hours would include a TS meal) is about her max.

Because of this we have to schedule a longer vacation and spend 2-3 half days in each park. We just can't cram as much into a single day as a neurotypical family.

We went on a moderately busy day. We were only able to use genie+ one time. We got there at 9am and the first available time for any of the rides we wanted was close to 1pm. After we used that time there weren't any available times for ANYTHING until 5pm or later. We do short park days and weren't in the park at 5. So if you plan to do a short day geniec+ probably wouldn't be worth it

I keep reading that Slinky Dog Dash is harder to get on your park day, and we will be there around July 4th so crowd levels will be high.
I don't know if you are getting confused with Genie+. DAS Return Times don't "sell out" and aren't particularly difficult to get when in the park. If the posted standby at 9am is 60 minutes, you'll get a DAS Return Time of 9:50am. You should be able to get an in-park DAS Return Time for either SDD or ToT, especially if you will be in the park 2 or 3 days/half days; just do them on different days if the waits are too long to get both done on the same half day.

Keep in mind that DAS Advanced Selections may not be at your preferred time. If you are planning mornings, it's possible your DAS Advanced Selections end up being 5pm or so. Many folks end up skipping the Advanced Selections because the time doesn't work for them. This seems to be even more true at peak times of year. So pick attractions your family wants, but don't build your whole park plan around them being at times you'd like.

My daughter gets very overstimulated. 3-5 hours (5 hours would include a TS meal) is about her max.

Because of this we have to schedule a longer vacation and spend 2-3 half days in each park. We just can't cram as much into a single day as a neurotypical family.

I would think you could get two return times in 3 hours, definitely in 5. You can use the meal time as your wait time for one of the rides.

Have at least 3 ideas for advance das selections, sometimes they run out of the popular ones.

You will be able to get all of the rides using DAS the day of, they never run out. But the waits will be long in between return times, since they are based on the standby wait. So, you may have to prioritize which rides you want to do.

Genie + can be a good addition, especially on busy days, because you can get Genie+ return times in between the long DAS waits. *BUT* this can be stressful and lead to a lot of running back and forth around the park trying to get to Genie + return times before they expire. I probably won’t get Genie + again for that reason, it caused a lot of anxiety. DAS times not expiring is a major benefit for our group. It’s much better for us to take it easy and rest, eat, or do shows in between DAS times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter