Which Disney ride do you enjoy but causes discomfort?

I'd have to say Mission Space. There's always that minute or two after where I'm afraid I've made a potentially embarrassing mistake. Thankfully haven't pass out or hurled yet. Knock on wood.

It's super awkward getting in/out of TT, SM and RnR, so I don't ride either very much any longer... Astro Orbotor woul dbe on the list but in 40+ trips I've only ever been on it once so it isn't like I'm no longer riding And I'm a bit too wide to sit comfortably in 7DMT, but I do ride it at least once each trip.

Yeah, any roller coasters without neck or head support are brutal. I also find the shooter buttons on Buzz Lightyear are really hard to keep pushing with arthritis in my hands. The same goes for pulling the string on Toy Story Mania. I love both rides, but it does take a toll.

My mom couldn't do Soarin' this last time, because the ride entrance was making her vertigo act up. She used to love that ride, so that was disappointing.
Pro-tip on Buzz Lightyear: push and hold the button down. Not only will it continuously fire while pressed, but every 10 seconds or so it will add another 100 to your score if you haven't hit anything (designed with kiddos in mind afterall).

I've got to say Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is my top painful attraction because my DH is the one who will spin it all over the place when I'm not expecting it. Talk about whiplash! Dinosaur and Space Mountain are my other two favorite but painful rides.

Not a Disney ride but Minion Mayhem in Universal caused my head to jerk back so much it hit the back of the seat. Not a pleasant experience and totally unexpected since I'd ridden it before without issue.

Test Track, the middle seat with just the lap band jostles me around too much.

My husband teases me because I ride T-O-T by myself, he won't go on, but Spaceship Earth - I have trouble with, leaning back, going backwards very slow moving in the dark - looking above at the stars - freaks me out. I have to close my eyes! The older I get, the worse I get.

I haven't ridden Space Mountain in years and years because the last time I rode it I felt like I'd gotten beat up by the time it was over.

I love Big Thunder, but when I rode it this summer it seemed rougher than I'd remembered, especially compared with Mine Train which I finally got to ride and is so smooth (but short...and with NO leg room!)

I want to love Buzz, but I suck at it. LOL. Discomfort to my competitive nature.

Tower of Terror. One of the best themed and atmospheric rides ever (which always makes it worth riding). But I just do not like Free fall rides. Put my on any coaster, and its fine. But these things, bleh.

Not a Disney ride but Minion Mayhem in Universal caused my head to jerk back so much it hit the back of the seat. Not a pleasant experience and totally unexpected since I'd ridden it before without issue.

This happened to me on my first ride, but next time we rode it, it was much smoother. Much more enjoyable.

Am I the only one who finds Soarin a bit awkward to get into? I feel like I can't get in a comfortable sitting position. It's the one minor problem I find in a otherwise great ride.

Also I refuse to ride Mission Space, Expedition Everest and Rock N Roller Coaster in the interest of not feeling sick!!

I don't find that most Disney stuff is too rough on me. Mission: SPACE Orange is probably the most intense one and does make my back ask me "what the heck are you doing?" I will say Matterhorn at DL is pretty rough, worse than Space Mountain at MK. The ride that I really love, but consider a little risky due to my back issues, is the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal. That's a great ride, but I usually need a brief rest afterward.

Just Space Mountain, really. I tried it one more time, several years ago after the last "refurb" and got off with a pounding headache. Not fun at all!

I prefer to get my Space Mountain experience via the Peoplemover. ;)

I did Mission Space, Orange, and survived, but my husband felt nauseous for several hours afterward, so we never did that again. I think the Green side is just fine!

I haven't tried the Rock N Roller coaster, as I don't like coasters that go upside down, so I don't have any opinion on it.

Everything else, though, I find quite enjoyable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter