Which Disney ride do you enjoy but causes discomfort?

Mission Space-Orange (made me green) and DL Matterhorn (very uncomfortable). But I still like the rougher coasters over the "smooth" coasters like 7DMT, which I find sort of boring. Give me an old wooden coaster:)

RNRC- my head bounced between the head pads and it sure was uncomfortable. Note-I am 4'9" so Im thinking my size didnt help my cause.

Not a ride but a water slide, I get some kind of sick enjoyment out of going down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach and always end up with huge bruises on my thighs. I am terrified of heights yet I do this thing. And I don't do it just once. It has to be done at least twice. That is one thrilling, scary and painful water slide!

Another vote for Dinosaur. I ride it once every few years as it is just a bit too rough for me. I was reminded again when I rode it this past August.

I long ago gave up on Space Mountain. I am not a fan of roller coasters in general and SM is too rough on my old back.

I will ride BTMRR every now and again as I love the theming but it just on my roller coaster limit.

I have the same problem with RNRC as the previous poster. I am too short and my head bangs into the shoulder restraints. I still love it though. I went on Matterhorn years ago and never again. I don't have back problems but it really made my back hurt. DH has had back surgery and will not ride Dinosaur.

First one that comes to mind is 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Sure, at 6'2" 260 (relatively athletic build) I could afford to shed a few lbs, but I hardly think I'm the biggest person around. Meanwhile, the ride is incredibly uncomfortable at my size.

Disney should be smart enough to realize that folks aren't getting smaller. It honestly feels like a ride built for pre-WWII sized people

Barnstormer should be fun, but the back of those seats with all the little bumps and ridges really hurts my back. Luckily it’s a very short ride.

Like so many others, I also find SDMT pretty cramped, and I have a very petite build. I always feel like I’m holding things up because it takes me a minute to figure out how I’m going to fit my backpack into the place where I need my legs to go! Getting back out is somewhat of a challenge too- I usually end up with my legs tangled in my backpack in my rush to just fit it along with my legs in the bottom of the little (no pun intended, I suppose) mine car thingy and then have to try hard not to fall on my face getting back out.

I enjoyed Slinky, but it made me nauseous. I rode it a second time in the front and it was a little better. But I'm not entirely sure I'll ride it on our next trip.

I've got an unusual case of motion sickness. Sometimes the Teacups do me in. If I remember to focus on one thing and to tell my son to not spin the cups any extra I can usually do okay.

I've got an unusual case of motion sickness. Sometimes the Teacups do me in. If I remember to focus on one thing and to tell my son to not spin the cups any extra I can usually do okay.
I stay away from the teacups! They make me so sick I struggle to understand how they can be fun. The one time I rode them, I had to sit for a long time to make my head clear again, and even then, I felt sick the rest of the day. My problem with spinning rides is due to issues in my inner-ear. I had repeated ear infections as a child, and I've ruptured my eardrum twice as an adult. As a result, I get dizzy very easily, sometimes I have trouble just looking down to tie my shoes. The teacups are definitely out for me!

Big Thunder is a big uncomfortable. At Disneyland, the Matterhorn is pretty rough, but I still love the ride. The Fantasyland side is a little smoother than the Tomorrowland side.

I stay away from the teacups! They make me so sick I struggle to understand how they can be fun. The one time I rode them, I had to sit for a long time to make my head clear again, and even then, I felt sick the rest of the day. My problem with spinning rides is due to issues in my inner-ear. I had repeated ear infections as a child, and I've ruptured my eardrum twice as an adult. As a result, I get dizzy very easily, sometimes I have trouble just looking down to tie my shoes. The teacups are definitely out for me!

I can handle some spinning, but not when I`m riding with someone who`s spinning the crap out of the teacup! So if we ride them on this upcoming trip, I think I`ll take my own teacup.

I'm definitely one of those crazy tea cup spinners that my wife will not ride with anymore ..I still remember the 15 minutes we had to rest during our honeymoon trip because she talked me into riding it and then I made her sick.

Jungle Cruise makes me nauseous. The jokes are so old and corny I get a headache every time I ride. Any bruises I may get on a coaster will fade-away. The scars I have from having to remember the terrible jokes will never fade and the bruises are less painful.

Mission Space. Even the orange level gives me an uneasy sense. The green level? Forget it! Centrifuges are for lab specimens, not people! It doesn't leave me sick but I was very anxious the few times that I rode it.

I'm another vote for Mission Space. Rode for the first time in 2010 for our honeymoon trip and had my first-ever panic attack on the ride... and I had NO IDEA what was happening!!! :o/
(I wouldn't even get on the plane to fly home; we left 3 days into our 7-day trip and rented a car to drive all the way back to Idaho.) :(

Since then, I noticed Space Mtn at DL last October really did a number on me, as did Matterhorn (which I normally love), but I'm not sure if it was because both rides were completely blacked out for the Halloween season or just from me getting older ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter