Which Disney Springs hotel offers the most magic??

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
Trying to help a very budget conscious family enjoy a 4 day stay in mid-December. I know a Disney Springs hotel will save them some money, but I was wondering which one most feels like "Disney". They will also need to rely on the hotel's bus service.

Thanks in advance.

I stayed at the Hilton once for a couple nights and it was a nice King bed room but very modern - nothing like Disney. They would likely have a Disney bus but I always drive. Another idea for the area is taking the bus at Disney Springs since they likely have more buses. They could also likely rent a condo plus a rental car for the same price as one of those hotels. With a car you have more freedom.

I understand about being budget conscious but sometimes it's just not worth the trouble to save a couple dollars. Those hotel buses fill up fast and you could either miss rope drop or have to wait around for an hour to leave the park - not my idea of a fun vacation.

The buses at Disney Springs itself only go to WDW resorts, not directly to the parks. It would be a lot of transferring if they went that route. The hotel buses do not run very frequently from Disney Springs resorts.
Personally, I would save up a little longer and pay to stay onsite at a Value resort. If you find a discount it could be comparable in price. The hotel fees, daily parking fees, getting to the resort from the airport without ME and general hassle of getting to and from the parks isn't worth it to my family.

None of the hotels at DS 'feel' like Disney. Like the PP said above, it's much more of a pain to stay out there, not to mention the extra costs. I'd rather stay onsite just to save myself the hassle.

The buses at Disney Springs itself only go to WDW resorts, not directly to the parks. It would be a lot of transferring if they went that route. The hotel buses do not run very frequently from Disney Springs resorts.

Oh trust me I'm not saying it would be fun but if you're trying to save money it would be a way. I was really more thinking about the way back to the hotel from the resort and take a hotel bus to the park. Like taking the tram to one of the MK resorts then going to DS, AK to AKL then to DS, EP to one of the boat/walking distance resort then to DS, and HS and boat/walk to a nearby resort then to DS. Plus you would still have to walk or take a cab back to your hotel. Of course a lot of those resorts have some neat things to looks at while there especially AKL and the MK resorts. All resorts have a food court/sundry type place to get less expensive food plus DS has high to low end options for food. Personally I really want to try some crepes at DS they look awesome.

To OP, if your friend does decide to stay at a DS area hotel make sure they check the bus schedule and breakfast schedule (if included) directly with the hotel before booking. I've found that sometimes the free breakfast doesn't start early enough for people that are going to have to wait for a bus to the park. Or by the time you eat there is a huge line for the bus and you miss rope drop. There were times I would have offered people a free ride with me when I saw some of those lines - but I only had the one extra seat so it wouldn't work.

Trying to help a very budget conscious family enjoy a 4 day stay in mid-December. I know a Disney Springs hotel will save them some money, but I was wondering which one most feels like "Disney". They will also need to rely on the hotel's bus service.

Thanks in advance.

I have found that more often than not the Disney Value resorts are cheaper than the Disney Springs resorts. Also, your friends would have to pay for transportation to the Disney Springs resorts, where Disney's Magical Express is free. Don't be so quick to think staying at Disney Springs would save money.

Oh, and none of them will feel Disney. They simply are not Disney resorts.

I'd show them the benefits to staying at a Value resort, once you factor in the pain of offsite hotel buses, and cost to/from airport ($100??). With only 4 people (hoping 2 are small kids), a value isn't that tight space-wise. And boy is Movies (and Pop) Disney magic - I don't think an offsite hotel can compete with it at same price. And while I'm not a huge fan of MDE, it is pretty Disney magical itself - its a nice way to go to the resort to start your vacation.

Agreed. I've priced DS hotels but then you really need to have a car. More cost. And they often charge for parking. More cost. Then there's the resort fees. $$ No annual pass? You have to pay to park at the park. Not worth it in my opinion.

Personally, I would save up a little longer and pay to stay onsite at a Value resort. If you find a discount it could be comparable in price. The hotel fees, daily parking fees, getting to the resort from the airport without ME and general hassle of getting to and from the parks isn't worth it to my family.
Wrong! The buses from the Disney springs hotels go to the resort's and they are highly reliable!!! Every half hour never had problems on either end during multiple trips.

Instead of eating at a good court you can easily get to Disney Springs for a meal.

The hotels have Disney Stores and some have character meals in the hotel. You can see the fireworks too.
Pools are not as amazing but if you check the Disney Springs hotels websites you can see some have water features and toys.

Did I mention BIG rooms with a fridge and microwave? Rooms that can fit 5!!!

I have never found values to be less expensive, they are always way more. Use hotel points you have earned from other travel to save money.

You can get preferred golf t times too.

I can stay more days and have more $$ to spend at disney springs. Waaaay better than when did a value resort. If you have never stayed on one you have no clue

Value for sure! The magical express from the airport is wonderful if flying in. Bus transportation is free, parking is free. The value resorts have great theming that kids (and adults) really love. It is magical! Especially for younger kids. Personally, I don't think the rooms are that small. We stayed at a beach front hotel in February that was a lot lot smaller that the values!

Also keep an eye out for FD to be released (if it happens) since that time has been included in the past, which could be a good value depending on the family size/ages. Also, if they can go Sun-Wed or Mon-Thur. it will be cheaper than over the weekend, and beginning of December is cheapest (till the 9th) then next cheapest until the 14th. Check Mousesavers.com for rack rates on rooms which include tax, broken down by dates, to see what would work best, and can see if room discount/ FD (if either become available) would be more cost effective.

Wrong! The buses from the Disney springs hotels go to the resort's and they are highly reliable!!! Every half hour never had problems on either end during multiple trips.

Instead of eating at a good court you can easily get to Disney Springs for a meal.

The hotels have Disney Stores and some have character meals in the hotel. You can see the fireworks too.
Pools are not as amazing but if you check the Disney Springs hotels websites you can see some have water features and toys.

I have never found values to be less expensive, they are always way more. Use hotel points you have earned from other travel to save money.

I can stay more days and have more $$ to spend at disney springs. Waaaay better than when did a value resort. If you have never stayed on one you have no clue
Disney buses don't run early in the morning from Disney Springs. I've checked at different times of the year, and values always end up cheaper than the Disney Springs hotels when you factor in the daily resort fee, daily parking fee at the hotel, rental car and parking fee at the parks. I've stayed offsite multiple times, so I'm not opposed to the idea, but I think giving correct information is a must when trying to help someone make a decision.

I was saying that WDW buses from Disney Springs only go to WDW resort hotels, not directly to the parks. Read the post.

I would so love answers to this question because sometimes no matter how magical the Disney resorts are if you have an opportunity to go, even a couple months out, there is simply nothing available in the price range you may be needing. I know there has to be some that are nice and would work nicely, better than staying farther away. This is something that I have been wondering about a lot lately. Please share.

I would so love answers to this question because sometimes no matter how magical the Disney resorts are if you have an opportunity to go, even a couple months out, there is simply nothing available in the price range you may be needing. I know there has to be some that are nice and would work nicely, better than staying farther away. This is something that I have been wondering about a lot lately. Please share.

I've stayed off site a few times, and the one thing I know for sure is a rental car is a must no matter where you stay off site. So that needs to be something that is factored in to any resort budget. Otherwise you still have to pay to get to/from the aiport (no DME) and you need to realize that no off site bus service is as reliable as Disney's buses.

I've stayed off site a few times, and the one thing I know for sure is a rental car is a must no matter where you stay off site. So that needs to be something that is factored in to any resort budget. Otherwise you still have to pay to get to/from the aiport (no DME) and you need to realize that no off site bus service is as reliable as Disney's buses.
I realize that and we always drive so having a car is not a problem. I know we will have to pay for parking at the parks (unless we had an annual pass). I just know that I have watched a couple of vlogs where they stayed at a resort off site and they really enjoyed walking to Disney Springs. They really seemed to have a good time. I just wish they had shared which resort they stayed at. But I do understand why they didn't.

Just a quick check online shows the value resorts are less expensive than the Disney Springs rooms. If they need larger beds (my family is tall, and cannot sleep in double beds), or want a lot more "bang for the buck" a value conscious family could rent points through a broker (David's DVC) and stay at AKL in a value studio room for $153 a night. There is no tax on that room. A value room at one of the All Stars would cost, including tax, $129.39 a night. Difference of $23.61 a day. A room at Disney Springs would most likely cost more, including tax, than renting points at a Disney Deluxe value room at Jambo House. The AKL DVC room would have a microwave and small fridge, the amazing theming, great pools and events.

I realize that and we always drive so having a car is not a problem. I know we will have to pay for parking at the parks (unless we had an annual pass). I just know that I have watched a couple of vlogs where they stayed at a resort off site and they really enjoyed walking to Disney Springs. They really seemed to have a good time. I just wish they had shared which resort they stayed at. But I do understand why they didn't.

Just wanting to make sure you were aware that the Disney Springs resorts are probably not going to save you money over the value resorts. I do agree it would be fun to stay at one if you like to spend a lot of time at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter