Which Doctor to See?

mamamary

DIS Veteran
It's almost two weeks and I have a very deep, sore muscle in my neck. Got this a day after a marathon vacuuming session in my house. I've taken advil which didn't help at all. I happened to have a visit with my primary doctor a few days ago on a different subject but I mentioned it to her. She said try Aleve for 3 days. Well now my 3 days is up and it's no better. Would you try the primary doctor again or maybe a Chiropractor? I went to a Chiro. a few years ago for this same neck pain and after being seen for around 2 months it never got better so I stopped going. It eventually went away on it's own. Not really looking to getting roped into a chiro. again but would that be a better choice of doctor to see?

Thx

I'd call the doc back and let her know your neck is still bothering you. You might have to "wait it out" again but the doctor might have something to make it more tolerable in the interim.

Don't ever go to a Chiropracter for an issue with your neck!

Go back to your primary and ask for a muscle relaxer. Skelaxin, Flexeril, Soma...all good options.

Is getting a massage an option, like at a Massage Envy or similar? That might help as well.

I would go to primary care again. They may give you stronger muscle relaxers than Aleve.

I had something very similar a few weeks ago, it was very painful and not going away with Aleve. My physician recommended a heating pad and a few visits to a massage therapist and that if it wasn't better to go back and see her for more options as she knows I don't prefer to take meds unless I really need them. Thankfully, after a few days of using a heating pad as much as I possibly could and two massage sessions it was much better. I don't do chiropractors at all. I hope you feel better!

I had something very similar a few weeks ago, it was very painful and not going away with Aleve. My physician recommended a heating pad and a few visits to a massage therapist and that if it wasn't better to go back and see her for more options as she knows I don't prefer to take meds unless I really need them. Thankfully, after a few days of using a heating pad as much as I possibly could and two massage sessions it was much better. I don't do chiropractors at all. I hope you feel better!
Are massage therapists normally covered by medical ins or is it out of pocket?

Are massage therapists normally covered by medical ins or is it out of pocket?

To be honest I am not sure, I was so desperate for pain relief that on my way back from the doctor I just stopped at one of the massage envy locations and was thankful they could fit me in. If I had needed more than a couple of sessions then I would have looked into it but thankfully it got much better.

Massage therapists are rarely covered unless you have a prescription for physical therapy and the therapist does some massage while at your appointment which most do if they are any good. Sounds like a neck spasm to me I had one last week caused by reading my iPad in an uncomfortable position. I used a massager at home, did stretching, used a heating pad and my trainer helped me work on my neck and shoulder area. You can certainly go back to dr for heavy meds but those can cause other side effects. If it doesn’t go away in a few more days I’d recommend an orthopedist for a ct scan or X-ray to make sure you don’t have some structural issues. I’ve had neck and back surgery so I always err on the side of caution

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter