• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which dolphin swim in Cozumel?

trainingupmy4princes

DIS Veteran
We are looking at the dolphin swim and manatee at Chakanaab national park (CZ50) or the exclusive dolphin vip at dolphinarus (CZ97). The Chakanaab one sounds cool because of the manatees but the other one sounds like after there is more stuff ie kayaking, infinity pools etc. Anyone with experiences have a preference or advice on which one they enjoyed and why?

We did VIP at Dolphinaris- the VIP area is a brief amount of time (maybe 15 min in area before being taken to the common area). We had fun but the only real difference between the VIP and standard at Dolphinaris is that it includes this 15 minute area (which you could not go back to after) and it consisted of welcome drink, infinity pool, towel, cabana, and lockers. It’s only like $5-$6 more than standard rates so realistically cannot expect too much more. We only saw the snorkeling cove after the encounter/swim and never went to beach area with kayaks etc. as the time is way too short and rushed. But again, we still had a lot of fun during the encounter and the food was delicious!

I also am not comfortable in open ocean enclosures that the chakanaab uses(choppy water, other wildlife scares) . The Dolphinaris is in a large pool and I personally felt more comfortable in that aspect since I am not a great swimmer.

Also depending on ages and willingness of your group- the VIP is a flat rate for all and there is not an observer option for the VIP option. The largest your group will be is 12 and we were only group in pool. The standard Dolphinaris had multiple groups of 12 in pool.

Chakanaab group sizes I cannot speak to, but there are child and observer rates.
Both areas will pressure you to purchase a high dollar poor quality photo package. We politely declined.

Last edited:
We did VIP at Dolphinaris- the VIP area is a brief amount of time (maybe 15 min in area before being taken to the common area). We had fun but the only real difference between the VIP and standard at Dolphinaris is that it includes this 15 minute area (which you could not go back to after) and it consisted of welcome drink, infinity pool, towel, cabana, and lockers. It’s only like $5-$6 more than standard rates so realistically cannot expect too much more. We only saw the snorkeling cove after the encounter/swim and never went to beach area with kayaks etc. as the time is way too short and rushed. But again, we still had a lot of fun during the encounter and the food was delicious!

I also am not comfortable in open ocean enclosures that the chakanaab uses(choppy water, other wildlife scares) . The Dolphinaris is in a large pool and I personally felt more comfortable in that aspect since I am not a great swimmer.

Also depending on ages and willingness of your group- the VIP is a flat rate for all and there is not an observer option for the VIP option. The largest your group will be is 12 and we were only group in pool. The standard Dolphinaris had multiple groups of 12 in pool.

Chakanaab group sizes I cannot speak to, but there are child and observer rates.
Both areas will pressure you to purchase a high dollar poor quality photo package. We politely declined.
How much was the photo package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter