Which DVC resorts can you tour?

moose81

Mouseketeer
I have managed to get my husband about 95% on board with buying into DVC, however we agreed to do a DVC tour on our next trip (this August) before finalizing the decision. We haven't fully decided on where we want our home resort to be but I am thinking BLT might be the best fit. I know you can take a tour at SSR and some of the newer resorts, but can we still see BLT if we want? I wasn't sure how the tours worked outside of the models at the SSR sales center.

I don't know for sure where all of the models are, but I do know there is one at the Boardwalk as I toured there last year.

I think the "open house" model at the Boardwalk and the model rooms at SSR are it.

BLT will not have a model villa available at the resort and will typically be booked at close to 100%. If the lobby staff has the free time and a room available, they might be able to show you inside but it's a hassle.

DVC is not going to bother touring you through resorts like BLT that they are not actively selling.

I would either rely on HD videos on YouTube to get an idea or rent a villa at BLT before purchasing.

I think the "open house" model at the Boardwalk and the model rooms at SSR are it.

BLT will not have a model villa available at the resort and will typically be booked at close to 100%. If the lobby staff has the free time and a room available, they might be able to show you inside but it's a hassle.

DVC is not going to bother touring you through resorts like BLT that they are not actively selling.

I would either rely on HD videos on YouTube to get an idea or rent a villa at BLT before purchasing.

Thanks, that's helpful. That's too bad but at least we will know what to expect. We'll probably do the tour at the Center at SSR in that case.

They currently have a model room at CCV and run tours there multiple times a day; though, this might change with it selling out soon.

Dont they have model for Riviera at SSR? Thought I remember reading that they do.

Dont they have model for Riviera at SSR? Thought I remember reading that they do.
Yes a lockoff 2 Bedroom (so effectively the studio and 1 beds) though technically only open to current DVC members, but with some persuasion I bet they let non members tour it.

Are the models at SSR just for Saratoga and Riviera or do they have models for all resorts there?

Are the models at SSR just for Saratoga and Riviera or do they have models for all resorts there?
When I was there in November they had CCV, Aulani, and PVB model rooms only. They have added Riviera rooms to the mix (not sure if that caused other resorts I mentioned to be removed). I do not recall being able to see a SSR room, tough I suppose they might have shown an actual room if requested.

When I was there in November they had CCV, Aulani, and PVB model rooms only. They have added Riviera rooms to the mix (not sure if that caused other resorts I mentioned to be removed). I do not recall being able to see a SSR room, tough I suppose they might have shown an actual room if requested.
CCV, Aulani, and now Riviera definitely--not sure about Poly since Riviera has come along. If you really want BLT, I agree with the earlier comment about looking at videos--there are plenty out there. That way, you'll have a good idea of what they are like--not the same as in person but still good. The location is great being that it's close to MK and sits on the monorail. You didn't ask, but if you do tour Riviera, just be aware of what you're contemplating. Like any other DVC contract, it's a long-term financial commitment that only pays off if you stay dedicated to Disney for decades. Also, with Riviera, just be aware that they have put resale restrictions on them that make them a bit less attractive, at least in my eyes. ;)

CCV, Aulani, and now Riviera definitely--not sure about Poly since Riviera has come along. If you really want BLT, I agree with the earlier comment about looking at videos--there are plenty out there. That way, you'll have a good idea of what they are like--not the same as in person but still good. The location is great being that it's close to MK and sits on the monorail. You didn't ask, but if you do tour Riviera, just be aware of what you're contemplating. Like any other DVC contract, it's a long-term financial commitment that only pays off if you stay dedicated to Disney for decades. Also, with Riviera, just be aware that they have put resale restrictions on them that make them a bit less attractive, at least in my eyes. ;)

Thanks, yes. It would be interesting to see a Riviera mock up but definitely not planning to buy there due to all the restrictions. I think we've narrowed it down to SSR (for pure economics) or BLT (for monorail line). Will definitely check out some videos! I've looked at photos and the BLT rooms look very nice from those.

Thanks, yes. It would be interesting to see a Riviera mock up but definitely not planning to buy there due to all the restrictions. I think we've narrowed it down to SSR (for pure economics) or BLT (for monorail line). Will definitely check out some videos! I've looked at photos and the BLT rooms look very nice from those.
You sound as though you've done your research. :thumbsup2 One other thing I'd add which you've likely heard before is that you should buy where you would most like to stay. If you don't mind where you stay on DVC points, then SSR or OKW generally would be a more logical choice from a financial aspect (FWIW, I give SSR a slight nod over OKW). Alternately, if BLT floats your boat more, then I'd buy there since SSR (and OKW) more often has units available come the 7-month or less point. You'll pay more for BLT, but that's where intangibles come into play. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
I just attended a Riviera preview member event. You can tour the Riviera 2 bedroom lock-off. Price per point is $188.
They also had the Copper Creek version of a 2 bedroom lock-off.
Riviera rooms are beautiful and I thought the main living area was very open. I really like the pull down beds.
I also noticed an open house at the Boardwalk when I walked by, but I don't know what rooms are there.

If you're perfectly okay with having to stay at SSR if nothing else is available at 7 months,
Come on now give SSR some love, you make it sound like it's an also ran in a race. some of us actually like SSR and don't look at it as settling to stay there, as you put it.

Yes a lockoff 2 Bedroom (so effectively the studio and 1 beds) though technically only open to current DVC members, but with some persuasion I bet they let non members tour it.
Toured it yesterday. It was also the first day they were selling to the general public.

Come on now give SSR some love, you make it sound like it's an also ran in a race. some of us actually like SSR and don't look at it as settling to stay there, as you put it.
Mea culpa. My words did come across a bit pejorative, and truly that wasn't my intent. Upon re-reading them, however, I can see your point. We've actually stayed there a couple of times and enjoyed it, especially for the easy access to DS which we tend to visit more often now. It is a fine resort. I've edited my post to better reflect what I was attempting (poorly) to say. :thumbsup2

In order to tour the Saratoga preview center do we need to call/book in advance? Thank you.

Existing members can go over for a tour at 2PM or 3PM that they do every day. It is for the Riviera models. The CCV models are right there too so they might take you thru there as well if you asked but right now it's concentrating on Riviera. You just have to arrive prior to the tour time and check in that you'd like to do the tour. They'll look you up and note that you are touring.

If you want something outside of those times then you'd need to schedule.

Existing members can go over for a tour at 2PM or 3PM that they do every day. It is for the Riviera models. The CCV models are right there too so they might take you thru there as well if you asked but right now it's concentrating on Riviera. You just have to arrive prior to the tour time and check in that you'd like to do the tour. They'll look you up and note that you are touring.

If you want something outside of those times then you'd need to schedule.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter