• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Entrance Line is the *magic* short one?

motor58

Mouseketeer
I have checked all of my notes, searched here, reddit and google and can't find it.

There is a gate (entrance, where you show your ticket to get into the park) that has a tree or pole or garbage can that screws up the flow of the line and if you aren't looking for that particular line, you wouldn't see it. I want to say it's #17? Please tell me someone here knows which one it is? I am positive I first read about it here on the disboards, but now I can't find it and it's driving me crazy.

thanks in advance!

thanks guys!!! How did I not remember that number - unlucky (lucky) 13! I am going to put it somewhere safer this time.

I think you have to access as you approach. Aim for no scooters/wheelchairs/strollers.
Also large families with little kids. Parents are scanning a stack of tickets. You have to bob and weave and go with the flow. Bottom line, it can be slow but you'll get in eventually.

Midnight star, Indiana Scott and Generaltso, this is something different. Next time you go you should check it out. There is some design 'bug' or 'flaw' in a line and from looking at it you can't see it. Once you find the turnstyle number, you will see the line is hidden and looked like it was a part of another line (because of tree/pole/whatever) but is a separate line and it's usually WAY shorter than the rest.

In all my visits I've never noticed this special line. I guess I'm always just too excited in the morning and hop into whatever line seems shortest. I'll have to try to find this one next time.

I had 20 or 21 in my head as well. I'm glad this question came up because I was hoping to confirm before my next trip.

StarlitNight-yes definitely it's worth looking for in my experience. I have gone 4x to disney and remembered only on two trips to do this, but wanted to make sure we did it this time because you are right, you would never notice it.

I am wondering now if it is 20 or 21.

deejdigsdis-when is your next trip?

StarlitNight-yes definitely it's worth looking for in my experience. I have gone 4x to disney and remembered only on two trips to do this, but wanted to make sure we did it this time because you are right, you would never notice it.

I am wondering now if it is 20 or 21.

deejdigsdis-when is your next trip?
I'm still over a month out but my sister will be there Wednesday and she will check.

Midnight star, Indiana Scott and Generaltso, this is something different. Next time you go you should check it out. There is some design 'bug' or 'flaw' in a line and from looking at it you can't see it. Once you find the turnstyle number, you will see the line is hidden and looked like it was a part of another line (because of tree/pole/whatever) but is a separate line and it's usually WAY shorter than the rest.

That's a great point and something I had forgot.
Sometimes these hidden lines on have 4 or 5 people in them!

It's 19. Or at least it's also 19 if there's another similar gate. 17 is next to a large gate, 18 is to the right of that, and then 19 is behind a planter with a tree. Although sometimes they have the 19/20 gate half closed so that 19 isn't open even though 17, 18, and 20 are.

Edit: 17 is my go to gate.

Question: I've gone to use the "planter gate" and found that the line to the right of it is coming up and using both planter gate and it's neighbor (one line that splits to whichever gate opens first).

What's the etiquette? Am I allowed to walk right up to planter gate even if de facto people are waiting in line for it....and ignore that it's being used that way?

Yes I’ve seen that one. I usually get in it. Lol sometimes too if I go at rope drop, I know which people have passes and will stand behind them so I know they will go through quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter