Which Epcot entrance for EMH?

sanibellife

Mouseketeer
Sounds like there is construction and serious issues getting into Epcot these days. Is one entrance better/quicker to use. We are heading to Epcot in September and I am wondering if someone can shed some light on which entrance may move more quickly and/or have shorter lines. Especially worried when SWGE opens and Food and Wine is going on at WDW.

Where are you coming from? Unless you are staying at one of the Epcot resorts you may not want to use the International Gateway. It's a long walk around for stuff that will be open at morning EMH.

We did EMH at Epcot through the International Gateway in June. It was nice that it wasn't too crowded. We walked moderately quickly and easily beat the crowd coming from the main gate on our way to Frozen. This is but one data point. The second morning we did Epcot (regular opening) we hit Soarin after the crowd from the main gate. I guess it depends somewhat on what attraction you want to rope drop, but IG is way less crowded.

Sounds like there is construction and serious issues getting into Epcot these days. Is one entrance better/quicker to use. We are heading to Epcot in September and I am wondering if someone can shed some light on which entrance may move more quickly and/or have shorter lines. Especially worried when SWGE opens and Food and Wine is going on at WDW.

Unless you’re staying at one of the Epcot area resorts, the answer is probably the main entrance. You’d spend more time getting to the IG than you would save at the IG.

Once the gondolas open the IG gates will be more crowded but even so I'd stick to IG only if you are staying at an EP or Gondola resort. too much of a pain for little benefit IMO.

We are staying at Poly. I know we can take monorail from TTC. We don’t mind taking uber/cab to IG but where do i tell uber to go? Sorry for such a dumb question but we have never entered that way before.
Do you think that would be less crowded doing that?

You would tell the driver to take you to the Beach Club. Then walk out through the resort.
I think you lose more time walking to attractions from IG than you would coming in through the main gate. Especially since you are at the Polynesian and can walk to the monorail. It's possible that if you are making Frozen your first priority you'll be a bit better off at IG. Frozen is the only attraction in WS that is open for morning EMH.
Right now the gondola impact on IG isn't known, but there will definitely be more people entering that way when the skyway is running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter