• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Food Festival is the best?

pbharris4

DIS Veteran
Which food festival do you like best and why? We did F & W last November and liked it, but should have split it over 2 days. I don't think we spent enough time. Mostly drank around the world instead. Then I saw there was another festival of something right after is that pretty good?

We have been for Flower and Garden and F&W.
Love both of them for different reasons.
Flower and Garden, the park is absolutely gorgeous. So many topiaries. Lots of kiosks with good food and drinks.
When F&W is back to normal, the others fade in comparison. F&W has more kiosks, more food and beverage options. Eat to the Beat has so many fun concerts to watch.
We always do 2-3 of the noon Food and Wine pairing meals. It just has so many options.
Can't compare either to the others as we haven't been there for them.

In the past, for F&W that is pretty much all I eat. I take solo trips and spend 7 or 8 days, only eating lunch and dinner from the food booths except for Saturday evening due to crowds. My opinion is that F&W is the best food festival at Epcot.

I've been to all 4. I would say Food & Wine is the best as far as food goes, but the other 3 are more focused on other things besides just the food/beverages, so those unique offerings are a lot of fun.

Flower and Garden is to me at this point. It’s absolutely a quality over quantity thing, there are far fewer booths than at Food & Wine but the dishes are better and frankly more inventive than the umpteenth iterations of meat and potatoes F&W has become.

Which food festival do you like best and why? We did F & W last November and liked it, but should have split it over 2 days. I don't think we spent enough time. Mostly drank around the world instead. Then I saw there was another festival of something right after is that pretty good?
Flower & Garden has wonderful flowers.....and food kiosks.

Food & Wine has.....more food kiosks.

No festival is required to drink around the world. But more kiosks means more options for food & drink.

More flowers versus more food & beverage options.

We prefer the flowers (and sit-down meals elsewhere).

Food and Wine is our fav. But whatever they call the festival kiosks in early December (holiday festival? can't recall the exact name) was good too

Festival of the Arts is my favorite too. Feels less crowded and I love the art frames for pics all over the place. I've taken art history classes, so I guess I have an affinity for them. Flower and Garden is beautiful! F&W has a ton of booths but also a ton of people.

Food and Wine because I think it has the best food options of all 4 festivals. I tend to plan my trips with festivals in mind as well as weather...so given the heat, I tend to go to F&W the least...it being mostly in the warmer months. I also think the Flower and Garden is good food-wise and I do tend to go to this one more. The festival I end up going to the most because of all the XMAS decorations is the Festival of the Holidays, but frankly the food kiosks are not as good as at F&W and F&G...IMO ...tend to have more sweets, so I guess if you're into that, you may like the Holidays better. it's a tradeoff...decorations and weather over better food I guess...to each his own!

We've done all multiple times. Festival of the Arts is, without question, our family's favorite.
Flower and Garden has Epcot looking beautiful. Food & Wine has the most extensive food offerings, but is often the most crowded (weekends) - though it lasts a good long time (at least last year and this year). The Holidays is fabulous and gets you into the spirit, but a lot more limited in offerings. It can be a mob scene in late December!
We always felt that at the Festival of the Arts, the emphasis is on the details. It's (usually) not as crowded, and everything is really presented in a beautiful manner. Each dish is a work of art.
Just my $0.02

Festival of the Arts is my favorite but it's 99% because the weather is typically glorious that time of year. Food is more thoughtfully put together and the freshest/tastiest of them all. And I love all the art and displays!

We are semi-locals and don't spend much time at F&WF anymore because 1) it's soooo crowded 2) it's soooo hot 3) there is very little change in menu from year to year.

I also love the Festival of the Holidays for weather and holiday spirit but rarely buy festival food.

Flower & Garden is my favorite time of year at Epcot because it's beautiful but other than 2-3 old favorites, we don't bother with most of the food.

My fav is Festival of the Arts too..

The OP might be thinking of the Swan Dolphin Food Classic... the two day food and wine event at the EPCOT resorts...we have gone every year but for 2020...and we have our tickets for this year....it is the BEST food and wine event of the season...first rate all the way.

We have done them all.

In our opinion, F&W is really good but too crowded. We did Festival of the Arts the first year they started doing it. It was really good and I bet they improved on it as they kept adding food booths. For the crowds, we prefer Flower and Garden and Festival of the Holidays (right after Thanksgiving week).

Festival of the Arts is our fav for food...I feel like the attention to detail in plating making it "artfully prepared" instead of slopped on a plate really is nice since we eat with our eyes first lol

Festival of the Arts is our fav for food...I feel like the attention to detail in plating making it "artfully prepared" instead of slopped on a plate really is nice since we eat with our eyes first lol

Yes! We went to Festival of the Arts back at the end of Feb. 2020, but before the world shut down lol just for a quick weekend. The food we had really was "art" and we enjoyed all the events as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter