Which grocery delivery service is best?

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Never used, thinking of doing so for upcoming trip.
Reviews, opinions, experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dee

Publix Instacart four times now and happy. Prior to that Garden Grocer 2 or three times and very happy too. You can’t beat Garden Grocer for top notch customer service. We have had no particular issues with Publix, but the service and communication with Garden Grocer is terrific.

just a quick question, do these grocery places take credit card payments when the billing address is outside the USA? I have had problems over the years with that...yep MACYs Im looking at you!

We’ve used Garden Grocer exclusively for over 10 years (some 20+ trips) with no issues. Certainly not the cheapest option, but it’s worked well for us. Their customer service is stellar. Highly recommend.

We've been using Garden Grocer for several years on our trips where we fly down. I know there's a big mark-up for the convenience but they have my ID on file and will leave beer & wine with Bell Services so we don't have to be present to receive the order. We can order 60 days out for a discount and have it already paid for so I don't have to have cash on hand for it or anything. They will also send fresh produce and frozen / dairy items if I order it. I think for the convenenience of 1-stop shopping it works well for us as not all of the other services provide EVERYTHING in 1-shot.

Thanks. I ordered from garden grocer. I am hoping they are stellar because the prices were crazy.

Like others, we use Garden Grocer. Things I love about GG:

1. Set list of options. I don't like the services that say, "well, tell us what you want and where you want us to get it.". I'm going on vacation. . . I want simplicity. For those with allergies or dietary restrictions, there are probably other services that work better for them.

2. Favorites list on website/app. I love being able to save the things that we order every time, or almost every time.

3. They deliver beer without me being there. Nothing more to say.

4. Discount for ordering early. We almost always order 60 days prior to arrival.

5. Great customer service. When an item is omitted (which rarely occurs), it comes that evening or by the next AM.

You won't be sorry with your decision. And while the prices are a little high, there is nothing like arriving at the resort and having all of you food for the week waiting for you. We savor every minute of our Disney vacations and would not want to spend a single minute running out to Publix to stock the fridge.

I agree about savoring vacation time and having the food ready and waiting when we get into the room. I don’t want to spend any time on errands or food shopping. We’re just not there long enough to begin with!

Thanks for all the input everyone.

just a quick question, do these grocery places take credit card payments when the billing address is outside the USA? I have had problems over the years with that...yep MACYs Im looking at you!
We haven’t had a problem the 2 times we’ve used Garden Grocer (we are from Canada and used a Canadian credit card & billing address).

We've used Garden Grocery and been happy with them. They are not cheap (none of them are) and there is a minimum purchase, but has always been there when promised. The last few trips we have rented a car and stopped at Publics or Target on the way to WDW. There also was a thread about being charged for WDW accepting items for you from outside WDW.

5. Great customer service. When an item is omitted (which rarely occurs), it comes that evening or by the next AM.

This didn't work so well for us. We ordered a case of water from Garden Grocer so that we each could take a bottle to the park on our first full day. They forgot the water. They did deliver it the next day, but we had already left for the park by the time they got there.

Our original delivery also included milk we had not ordered and could not use. I wondered if somebody had ordered it for that day but didn't get it because it was brought to us by mistake.

Last edited:
We use Safeway, never a problem.

We've used a few of the delivery services. The last few times, we've used Safeway. It's worked well for us because we have Safeway at home too.

Just be careful with the substitutions/instructions to the shopper. One time, I put no substitutions on an item and the size I wanted wasn't available, so the shopper didn't buy the item. Now, I am more careful about including better instructions for items that I really don't want to be omitted!

We have used Garden Grocers our 5 trips since joining DVC. I agree with all of the positive comments regarding GG.

I like how I can start building a list months before and save it. And of course the reliability!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter