Which Harry Potter restaurant?

voleball

Mouseketeer
Which Harry Potter themed restaurant do you like better, and does it need a reservation? We'll be there the week before Christmas and one of my teenage kids loves Harry Potter.

Last edited:
My family prefers atmosphere at Leaky Cauldron. I think theme is better and it feels more authentic. 3 broomsticks felt like a cafeteria line in the middle of a mess hall. I don’t think you can make reservations but some people have purchased a Harry Potter/Wizard package that comes with breakfast vouchers that at times (covid? Busy?) have been a reservation for a specific time. I think it only makes a difference for breakfast.

We loved 3 broomsticks, so you never know. I think either one would be fine. They both have atmosphere. The food was good at 3 broomsticks, and I don't remember Leaky Cauldron but I'm sure it was fine too.

Which menu appeals more?

Try too aim for off times at either, they get quite the long waits at peak lunch times...

We prefer Leaky Cauldron. The room is bigger, brighter and more comfortable. Also the menu is British inspired, which is more original and more related to HP than the usual chicken and ribs...

Either would do. i like them both, prefer the Hogshead Ale over the ones at Leaky Cauldron. For a true Potter fan, the Leaky Cauldron side areas next to the long tables are very authentic to the part of Prisoner of Azkaban movie where Mr Weasley is talking to Harry about Sirius Black.

Once seated, I think the atmosphere at 3brooms wins. I always go to leaky though because I find the ordering process easier. They seat you and bring the food to your table when it is ready. At 3brooms you wait for your tray and carry it to the table. Probably where previous poster got the cafeteria feeling.

Just went to the Leaky Cauldron to give it another shot and the decor and theme are on point and excellent, worth it alone but the menu is just okay. We loved our table in the hidden corner of the side of the restaurant and wanted to hang out there longer! LOL

Both are excellently themed but I’m team 3B. We tend to go at dinner time when it’s less crowded. I love all the theming up above you and the big fireplace.

I prefer Leaky Cauldron. I can get Chicken and ribs in other places. And I prefer the British pub style food at the Leaky

Just remembered the awful very low chairs at 3 broomsticks. Makes me feel like a toddler. Last time there they insisted on seating me inside and I couldn't go out back to eat.

I often get fish & chips at 3 brooms (kid's meal) and cottage pie at Leaky. Not really into the more British options.

I don't think either has fabulous food. The best thing about LC is that you can get butterbeer with a combo meal for no up charge. Don't know if it's true in 3B. And I suppose the food is more authentic to the setting and maybe even slightly tastier. Other than that though I honestly wouldn't wouldn't pick either one for the food. Then there's the theming. I personally found the theming at LC was decent for a generic HP food hall, but it certainly did not make me feel like I was at THE Leaky Cauldron. Meanwhile, I found the theming of 3B to be more immersive. This was particularly so given that 3B had an actual bar that you could order drinks from, including several specialty drinks and even a secret menu. But the thing that puts 3B over the top for me is the outdoor seating with the stunning view of Hogwarts in the background. Hanging out back there is a must do every time.

I hated the low chairs at the Three Broomsticks, and my short 9 year old had to sit on her knees. However, the menu at Leaky Cauldron did not appeal to our family.

I don't think either has fabulous food. The best thing about LC is that you can get butterbeer with a combo meal for no up charge. Don't know if it's true in 3B. And I suppose the food is more authentic to the setting and maybe even slightly tastier. Other than that though I honestly wouldn't wouldn't pick either one for the food. Then there's the theming. I personally found the theming at LC was decent for a generic HP food hall, but it certainly did not make me feel like I was at THE Leaky Cauldron. Meanwhile, I found the theming of 3B to be more immersive. This was particularly so given that 3B had an actual bar that you could order drinks from, including several specialty drinks and even a secret menu. But the thing that puts 3B over the top for me is the outdoor seating with the stunning view of Hogwarts in the background. Hanging out back there is a must do every time.
How do you get the secret menu? I really wanted some HP themed something. The bartender recommended fire whiskey but didn’t have much in the way of recommendations for mixers for it.

How do you get the secret menu? I really wanted some HP themed something. The bartender recommended fire whiskey but didn’t have much in the way of recommendations for mixers for it.
1. Yule Ball - fireball and hard cider
2. Whiskey Butterbeer - this one you've got to mix yourself because there's a Rowling rule forbidding the mixing of butterbeer and alcohol, but guests order it all the time, bartenders serve then separately with a wink, and it is delicious
3. Deathly Hallows Triple - guiness, hogshead amber, Strongbow cider

1. Yule Ball - fireball and hard cider
2. Whiskey Butterbeer - this one you've got to mix yourself because there's a Rowling rule forbidding the mixing of butterbeer and alcohol, but guests order it all the time, bartenders serve then separately with a wink, and it is delicious
3. Deathly Hallows Triple - guiness, hogshead amber, Strongbow cider
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter