• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel best for young babies?

Sophj

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We are stuck in choosing which hotel would be best for us. Its our first time as a family with our new twins (we have previously stayed at Carribean Beach and Animal Kingdom but want to try somewhere new) and we thought we'd chosen WL but have heard the rooms are quite small - we will need 2 cots - and some don't have balconies. I talked to Disney and they suggested Magic Kingdom View room, Contemporary Resort but my husband isn't too keen "not enough of a theme" whereas I think it would be great to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks while the babies sleep.

So that's where we are, the boys will be almost 12 months when we go at the end of Feb.

Please help....

Also, are the Magic Kingdom view tower rooms all newly renovated?

Thanks!

The tower rooms were all renovated. CR and Poly are good choices because they have very large standard rooms. There would be plenty of room for two cots. After that, YC, BC, GF, and BWI would have the next largest rooms. There isn't a lot of room in WL or AKL for one cot, let alone two. WL has balconies on the rooms - it's BC and Poly where you have to watch out for no balconies (CR also, only if you are considering the wing rooms - all tower rooms have a balcony).

You could also look into renting points for a DVC unit. A one bedroom unit would have tons of space, plus a washer/dryer to keep up with all the spills and stains.

WL is a lovely resort and all rooms have a balcony. The rooms are about the same size as AKL. You said you've stayed there. My BC room wasn't any bigger than my rooms at WL or AKL. I think your boys will love WL when they are around 5.

The CR rooms are huge. You'll have plenty of room for your cribs. You will love the balcony. After you put the boys down, it's a lovely place to sit and enjoy the view. If you don't want the expense of a MK view, the Bay lake view is just as wonderful. We were on the 14th fl and could see the top of Illuminations and the "Ball" from our balcony. From CR, you can monorail to MK and Epcot. You can walk to MK as well. All other locations will be served by bus.

With two young kids I would say the best option you can pick is the Contemporary, because of their overall location to the Magic Kingdom and because they are the only resort with a walkway that goes there. Plus all their Tower Magic Kingdom Views come with a balcony no matter floor you would stay on and their rates are the least expensive when you compare how much the Polynesian and Grand Floridian is.

How late/early do your kids go to bed? Personally, I'd go with the cabins at Fort Wilderness (a short ferry ride to MK), b/c you & DH can put them to sleep in the bedroom & then have time together in the living room or on the deck outside. The cabins have a murphy bed that comes out of the wall in the living room and the bedroom has a bunk bed & a double bed. Then, you wouldn't have to tiptoe or worry about staying quiet after the kids are asleep. Ft. Wilderness also has a lot of fun activities for little ones, a newly renovated pool area, & the convenience of a full kitchen. (Mousekeeping even does your dishes.)

why would you need two cots? if you mean two "cribs" (or pack 'n plays which is what most disney resorts offer) there is plenty of room in all of the resorts, even the values...

i would recommend the beach/yacht club because of the nice sized rooms, the quiet atmosphere, and the fabulous transportation... you can easily walk to epcot in a few minutes... take the boat to the studios w/out having to remove the babies/fold the stroller... and if you have park hoppers, you can even walk to/through epcot and grab the monorail to MK, again, w/out having to hold babies/fold stroller... plus they are beautifully themed, very relaxing and have a balcony for you/dh to relax when babies go to sleep...

Poly is great with young kids b/c the rooms are large and it is on the monorail.

We are trying the ASMu Suites this time around. This way I don't have to go to bed at 9 0r 10 when they do. I like the fact there is a seperate area. Of course it is not Deluxe but I'm getting over that part. We stayed at POFQ for 2 weeks in April and after having to sit outside for naps ect. We thought this would be the best way to go.

I'd pick a hotel on the monorail if cost is not an issue. If the babies are sleeping in the stroller in a park or a monorail hotel dinner, you can get all the way back to your room without disturbing the babies - priceless.

How late/early do your kids go to bed? Personally, I'd go with the cabins at Fort Wilderness (a short ferry ride to MK), b/c you & DH can put them to sleep in the bedroom & then have time together in the living room or on the deck outside. The cabins have a murphy bed that comes out of the wall in the living room and the bedroom has a bunk bed & a double bed. Then, you wouldn't have to tiptoe or worry about staying quiet after the kids are asleep. Ft. Wilderness also has a lot of fun activities for little ones, a newly renovated pool area, & the convenience of a full kitchen. (Mousekeeping even does your dishes.)

The OP said that the children will be 12 months old when they visit, and will require a crib/pack n play to sleep. As much as I love the cabins :love: there's no way one pack n play will fit in the bedroom, let alone two. They would have to be set up in the living room, which kind of negates the value of having the living room to relax in while the children sleep.

If they want two separate living areas, then I would either recommend an All Star Suite, or renting points for a DVC one bedroom unit. Otherwise, CR and Poly are still the best bet size-wise.

Where do you plan on spending most of your time?

If it is the MK/Epcot, I would pick one of the monorail resorts. Which ever one suits your liking the best, that would be the one I choose.

I think the GF is beautiful & I stayed there once but it's not me. When I am go in there now, I feel like I just don't belong. I have always loved the CR (maybe because it's an original & I like the originals) & someday I do want to stay in the tower but I have no immediate plans to do that any time soon.

For me I love the Poly, that is where I have stayed the most. I like to be able to walk to the Epcot monorail & well see Wishes from straight on.

Don't forget you will have stroller/s & well I have always hated boarding the bus with them. I try to avoid it as much as possible. And that is me being the one with the stroller (not other Disney guests).

As much as I love the cabins :love: there's no way one pack n play will fit in the bedroom, let alone two.

Uh OH!! We have reservations in a FW Cabin for December with a 21 month old. Are you sure a pack-n-play won't fit in the bedroom? 5 adults crammed in that bedroom while a baby sleeps in the large living room does not seem like my idea of a good time!!

OP-We stayed in a renovated room at CSR in May with Ellie who was then 14months old. We loved the rooms for naps/sleep because it has a solid sliding wooden door that separates the beds from the vanity/bathroom area. We just slid it closed when she was asleep!

Congrats on your twins! We're taking ours, who will be almost 12 months, in a few weeks. We decided to stay at Old Key West (we were choosing from all of the DVC properties). We're going to be in a 1 bedroom. I thought it was important to have a lot of space, and the full kitchen/laundry will be very handy. And as we're getting closer to the trip and seeing how the boys are, I am SO glad we went this direction.

We're renting points but I know that AAA rates on the DVC resorts makes them more affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter