Which hotel? Hilton Grand Vaca. Club or Mariott Residence...

lucky978

Mouseketeer
Trying to choose between these two hotels. The Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld International Center ($745 for a one br suite) or Residence Inn Orlando SeaWorld/International Center ($850 for a one br suite and includes a hot breakfast buffet). Anyone been to either?

We stayed at the Residence Inn last Nov. and loved it. I would absolutely stay there again.

I would LOVE to see some pictures if you wouldn't mind. Would you mind sending me a PM? Any pictures you have of the hotel and Sea World and/or Discovery Cove!! Thank you!!!

1st--have you looked at Seaworld. com and tried to book thru them--they have GREAT package rates to Marriott residences with Seaworld tickets.

HGVC will be more upscale and have a real kitchen, dining, living room. done in pretty tropical decor. Large open kitchen, well stocked with pots/pans dishes, dining table with 6 chairs, sofa, loveseat and very large TV. 2-3 pools, overlooking lake, fenced, sandy bottom kids play area. King bed in BR, JAcuzzi tub. pull-out sofa. One of the nicest timeshares in ORlando.

Marriott Residence. 1 BR has 2 queens--VERY good ma tresses, pull-out sofa, nice, but generic smaller living room and small dining table with 2 or 4 chairs (very small). OK kitchen in a corner of the room, with a FEW pots, plates, etc. Regular bathroom--potty, sink tub/shower, nice, but no frills. Pool area is very nice, zero entry with little fountains spraying. Breakfast buffet is VERY good and hearty.
HGVC 1 BR is about double the size of the Marriott 1 BR. if you have older kids, maybe HGVC for the space and the larger pool area. We are a family of 5 with 3 smaller kids--either works great for us---they are both top class places--the HGVC are fancier rooms and would be easier to "really" cook in b/c they have more stuff--but to go to SEaworld and reheat leftovers and do minimal cooking/eating, Marriott would be fine.
We are going to MArriot again for Christmas.

Depending on when you are going, and whether your stay would be a typical weekly stay (or straddle a long weekend), you may want to look into owner rentals at HGVC and save a little more money. Try TUG's classifieds (see my sig) or redweek.com - there are other sources as well. It's a beautiful resort, btw.

I was going to book a room only at the Residence Inn for a couple of days next July just a couple of minutes ago thru the hotels website.

I was planning on booking with my AAA card.
When I got to the section to pay and was reading the fine print it said that I would be unable to cancel or change the reservation since I was getting this special rate.

Whoa - I found that very interesting. Needless to say, I didn't book the room and I'm going to look at other hotels in the area and see what they have to offer.
No way will I book a room for July 2008 that I won't be able to cancel if something comes up.
Just something for you to consider while you decide which place you want to stay at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter