which hotel in vegas?

trish4bruce

Mouseketeer
Hello we will be starting our July California Honeymoon with a two night stay in vegas. I am trying to decide on a hotel that is reasonably priced. We would like to be on the strip and want somewhere with a good pool.
Can you tell me your thoughts on the following hotels Mirage, MGM Grand, Treasure Island, Paris and Harrahs. If anyone else has a reccomendation on a hotel not listed I would love to here it.

Any advice would really be appreciated. Neither od us have ever been to Vegas.

Thanks,

I have stayed at all the hotels you listed, and as this will be your honeymoon I would definately recommend Paris. It has much more of a romantic feel to it, and excellent food choices as well, plus a great location. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the selections you listed, but Paris would get my vote. My favorite Las Vegas restaurant, Mon Ami Gabi, is also located there!
Best Wishes.

We went into the paris for their breakfast buffet & it was the best buffet I've ever been to.

We stayed in the Luxor & their buffet was nice but didn't compare to the Paris one.

Inside of the hotel looked really nice too.

MGM is huge but would stay there & Mirage looked really nice too. Not as keen on TI.

Out of the ones you mentioned I would choose the Paris. Though it is strange seeing the Eiffel Tower when you Know you aren't in Paris.

RIO

This is NOT on the strip but we stayed there in August and it is a really nice hotel. The rooms are very large with a couch/tv seating area along with the beds (we had two queens-three of us). alcove area where the closet, fridge, bath with exterior sink is located.

They have a free shuttle that runs every 20 minutes up and down the strip. And they have an excellent buffet with all you can eat crab legs (World Buffet? - REALLY Good)

So i'd recommend the RIO even if its not on the strip

have fun and congratulations

I have stayed at all the hotels you listed, and as this will be your honeymoon I would definately recommend Paris. It has much more of a romantic feel to it, and excellent food choices as well, plus a great location. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the selections you listed, but Paris would get my vote. My favorite Las Vegas restaurant, Mon Ami Gabi, is also located there!
Best Wishes.
While I agree with everything you write; the pool at Paris is just so-so. If that's really important to the OP, they may want to look elsewhere.

It's tough to have it all - location, quality, price and pool. What are you willing to give up? That said, if your two nights are weeknights and you are going in July, you should be able to get some great bargains!

. . . Can you tell me your thoughts on the following hotels Mirage, MGM Grand, Treasure Island, Paris and Harrahs. . .
Been to all of these, except for Harrahs.

I would choose Paris LV. Great location. Loved the buffet (like sitting in a French village).

Woody

We stayed at Circus Circus, and will again due to price, but out of those I would choose Paris!

As mentioned before it has a romantic feel and the breakfast/lunch buffet was fantastic and well worth the walk from CC!

Thank you all for your responses. I really like the looks of Paris as well, my only concern is that we really want to hang out at the pool and I am not sure how the pool is at the Paris. The Mirage looks like it has a awesome pool.

For the beginning of your Honeymoon...

Bellagio

Romance galore... You can find some rates at times cheaper than you think. Then the spa is incredible. The pool area while not having any water slides, is surrounded by beautiful gardens and cabanas. It's a huge pool area with many semi-hidden spas and instead of waterfalls there are many smaller pools with huge fountains in the center that spill water. They set their smaller pools at different temps from warm to cold.

We just came back and stayed at the Luxor. It was nice, the room was large and the interior is very cool being inside a pyramid. We faced the sphinx/airport.

We got a rate on their site called an MVP rate. We paid in advance and were locked in once it was booked but at the time we saved an average of $30 a night over the five nights we stayed.

Congratulations - I wish you a magical wedding day and honeymoon

For honeymooners (assuming the Bellagio is out of your price range) - Mandalay Bay. It has a great beach pool with a wave machine, less "themey" atmosphere than Paris (and much more exotic) and a huge choice of top line restaurants and clubs.

Paris is the best of those you mentioned, the Mirage is nice too but much less romantic. I agree with what someone else said about Mandalay Bay though, if you want to consider something else. It is a wonderful hotel with a great pool.

You really can't beat Bellagio for a honeymoon.

Second place I would consider the Venetian.

Among your list I would pick Paris.

I pick my Vegas hotels based on their poker rooms/poker rates, but I promise I'm giving you a honeymoon opinion here, not a poker opinion :laughing: . That said, the Bellagio is near the tops for poker, as well.

I returned yesterday from Las Vegas staying at Paris. It was nice. Room was kind of small and average. If you are looking for a great pool, I don't think you will find it at Paris. I think Mirage would have a better pool.

As others have said, Bellagio would be a great choice for your honeymoon. You should be able to get some very reasonable rates in July. Be sure to register for their promotional e-mails.

We have stayed at The Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. Out of all the hotels you mentioned I would choose Paris. Their breakfast/lunch buffet is awesome! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!

We have stayed at The Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. Out of all the hotels you mentioned I would choose Paris. Their breakfast/lunch buffet is awesome! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!

Paris is not the best choice if OP is looking for a great pool. The pool at Paris is average at best.

Yea I agree with the Mandalay Bay for a honeymoon. My Fiance and I are going there for our Honeymoon in July. We have never been to vegas. We booked the honeymoon suite and we can't wait!!

We just got back from Vegas last night............dang!:sad1: Anyway if a pool is EXTRA important to you do NOT stay at the Paris! It is "ok" at best but there are MANY pools in Vegas that are WAY better than the Paris. The Paris pool is just a concrete nightmare basically. It's all open, very little shade options unless you splurge for a cabana and it is nothing fancy! The hotel is beautiful but there are way better pools than that if this is very important!

If a pool is really important I'd say Mandalay Bay, Flamingo Hilton has some great pool areas and water slides, MGM If you can get to the Directors part which has an adults only pool, Monte Carlo has a wave pool and lazy river, and the Venetian.

You can look at all the different pools here

http://www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/index.html

I would go with the Mirage. Paris is nice, but lacking in the pool department. Mirage does have a good pool complex and location.

Since others are mentioning higher priced options here is another to consider:

Wynn (and perhaps even go for a Tower Suites room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter