• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel is better with toddler.and baby during first week in December?

AussieNSW

Mouseketeer
Which hotel would be more for toddler and baby friendly The grand Californian or Disneyland hotel? We will be there on the first weekend in December for a few days. I am aware that it will probably be candlelight processional.
Thankyou for all your help

I would go with Grand Californian just because it's so much closer. The walk back to DLH felt SO long from Disneyland. We used the Monorail when we could, but it isn't always running. All the construction at DLH is also a big negative right now.

Plus the GCH lobby will be beautiful :)

I have a baby and a toddler (though I have not taken the baby to the parks yet) and I would second the vote for GCH for the proximity and ease of going back for naps for the toddler. I took my older one when she was 20 months and she was able to nap in the stroller on that trip but when I took her last month at just shy of 3 we needed to go back to the hotel for her to nap and she definitely needed the nap!

Both hotels are great, so you can’t really go wrong, but my vote would be the Disneyland Hotel. It might be less “grand” than the Grand Californian, but it’s so much more magical in my opinion, and more effective at keeping you in the Disney bubble. I’m sure a lot of it is just personal preference though. I enjoy both but I’m always inclined to stay at a place with the fun and whimsy of a tiki torched Trader Sam’s over a high-end Napa Rose. The pool is also far superior at the Disneyland Hotel, especially for toddlers and babies. It’s true that it’s a bit farther of a walk but it’s still quite close, and my kids would just nap in the stroller.

Also ... confirm with someone who has been recently or with the hotel if there is room service yet in the DLH. It was a lifesaver to be able to order room service breakfast for delivery at the Grand when my little guy was that age. Our last trip (May 2022) we stayed at DLH and there is no room service and it was tough to get everyone going without coffee and breakfast.

My vote would be the Grand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter