Which Hotel?

Bmill

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I am sorry if this is repetitive or I could have found it elsewhere. My wife and I are making our first trip to Disneyland this August. We are really struggling with where to stay. We are trying to stay as close to the parks as possible on a budget. We are looking at a few hotels but no idea which to choose. We are considering the Anaheim hotel, the Anaheim Marriott or possible suncoast hotel. Our intention is to walk to the parks each day. Any suggestions or advice on these hotels? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I am sorry if this is repetitive or I could have found it elsewhere. My wife and I are making our first trip to Disneyland this August. We are really struggling with where to stay. We are trying to stay as close to the parks as possible on a budget. We are looking at a few hotels but no idea which to choose. We are considering the Anaheim hotel, the Anaheim Marriott or possible suncoast hotel. Our intention is to walk to the parks each day. Any suggestions or advice on these hotels? Thanks in advance!
For the shortest walk of an off-site place look for something on Harbor Blvd.
I usually book by location and price.
1st one I check is Desert Inn & Suites. It generally has the best rates, especially the earlier you book.
2nd is Tropicana and 3rd is Park Vue Inn
Here is a map of Harbor. You can look at what is near the parks.

For right across the street, I would go with Park Vue or Best Western Park Place Inn.

For just a little further walk but a bit nicer- Courtyard Anaheim Theme park Entrance or Howard Johnson. If Candy Cane Inn is open by August you might like that. It's not a bad walk and they also have a shuttle.

Grand Legacy. We have never had a bad stay there. They're usually one of the cheapest along Harbor as well.

There is a new Home2 and Hilton Garden right behind HoJo that seem to be a decent price especially if you’re willing to use a prepay site like booking or hotels. I usually price them out on all the major ones including coupon codes to see if any have a better deal. The Anaheim Hotel is a pretty decent walk, but doable and has an attached Pizza Press which is one of our favorite Pizza places in the area. We’ve been limited to HoJo, Best Western Park Place and on site for personal recommendations and the furthest I can handle is HoJo long walking- I find after a long park day any more is too far. I personally wouldn’t consider your other choices because of how far they are and where they are located, but there is a YouTube couple that I believe has real time walk videos to give you an idea of the actual walk and timing and they do reviews too- can’t remember name at this moment. I would second Candy Cane Inn or the two directly next to it if you’re willing to walk there- they seem to have decent prices as well

For the shortest walk, the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn and Park Place Inn are hard to beat. They are right at the Harbor Blvd crosswalk.
I stayed at the Anaheim Marriott Thanksgiving week. It’s a great hotel but the walk is at least 15 minutes each way.

We stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites the week before Thanksgiving. We had a 4-queen suite (basically two connected rooms, although one had a 1/2 bath) for $239 a night. With taxes and fees, it came to about $286 a night. Given that it's so close to the Harbor entrance, we considered it a bargain. Now that our boys are adults, we need either two rooms or a suite when we travel. It's a pretty basic hotel. The parking is tight, but the valets were awesome. They parked our car in the covered garage and we left it there for our entire stay. We brought our own breakfast food, but did pick up the grab-and-go bags one morning. They contained juice, a granola bar, apple and packaged Danish. There was no housekeeping, but you could get clean towels when needed, and leave trash outside the door for pick up. We've stayed there several times and it's consistently good. It's an older property and it's not fancy, but it's hard to beat the price and the location.

Candy Cane Inn will be refurbished when they open back up.... always a good stay and easy walk with a private shuttle option. Best Western Park Place Inn is right at the crosswalk and very decent place to stay. Those two are the off site ones we have stayed at the most. Staying on Harbor is easiest (if not on site), but it is a haul to cross Katella.....you are looking at least 15-20+ minute walks then.

When we've visited in the past, being on a budget, we've usually stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites (was Staybridge Suites) at 1855 S Manchester Blvd.

Now, granted that the hotel is about a mile or so walk away from DLR, it is, however, accessible from Katella and the walk is pretty safe (during the day and into the evening) and well lit. There are usually lots of people around too. They do also have an ART service (line no 10) available as well.

Guess it depends on how much you want to walk - we enjoy walking anyhow and, as I say, it is a pleasant walk.

Thank you for the tips everyone! Has anyone had experience with the Anaheim hotel? We have seen quite a bit on it as well

If ranking the hotels quality wise, the Anaheim Marriott would be the best followed by the SunCoast Hotel and then the Anaheim Hotel. But if you're talking about distance to the parks, it's the reverse order with the Anaheim Hotel closest and Anaheim Marriott furthest.

I've stayed at the Anaheim Hotel a couple of times. I liked it fine. The rooms are nicely decorated and the grounds are nice. It is a refurbished old hotel and they've done a good job of keeping a kitschy vibe to the place. I also would recommend the Candy Cane Inn (nice perks of free parking and free breakfast and free shuttle) and the Grand Legacy, for good inexpensive places that are an easy walking distance. The Marriott is a little farther than all of these, although it is still walkable.

Thank you for the tips everyone! Has anyone had experience with the Anaheim hotel? We have seen quite a bit on it as well
We are staying there this weekend for the first time! Happy to report back on our experience.

My favorite is the Tropicana, but it has been a bit pricey lately. I had a good stay at Grand Legacy back in August, so that is a good option as well.

Park Vue Inn is directly across the street from the pedestrian entrance on Harbor.
We stayed there in September and again in November 2021.
It was very clean and comfortable. We **loved** how short the walk was. We would definitely stay there again.
In 2019 we stayed 1 night at Anaheim Desert Inn. We thought it was more basic and not as nice feeling as Park Vue. And the beds were not as comfortable. But it was only $100 including taxes for a 2 queen room. For 1 night it was totally sufficient. It's next door to Park Vue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter