• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is better for smaller crowds? Sept. Or October?

Princess_Katie006

Earning My Ears
Which one is better as far as smaller crowds go? And What about the Haunted Mansion, When does it close for the holiday redecor? thank you.

I was in Disneyland in October last year just as Haunted Mansion Holiday was Open and the park was busy starting on a thursday and was busy right till a monday then was not bad for tuesday and wednesday.

Im going September 5th and Staying till the 13th. Its just after labour day so shouldnt be tooo bad of crowds I hope.

According to the disneyland calendar starting Monday September 12th is when they start to install the Holiday Decorations.

Hope this helps

DisneylandGuy22 said:
I was in Disneyland in October last year just as Haunted Mansion Holiday was Open and the park was busy starting on a thursday and was busy right till a monday then was not bad for tuesday and wednesday.

Im going September 5th and Staying till the 13th. Its just after labour day so shouldnt be tooo bad of crowds I hope.

According to the disneyland calendar starting Monday September 12th is when they start to install the Holiday Decorations.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much. I'm sorry for the "Please" Post. I didn't see your post. What day in October did you go? and what days were best like the date?

I went in October (towards the end) and it was EMPTY. No lines, no crowds. Occasional rain though (but we are used to that where we come from).

Normally I would say October. But with the 50th anniversary who knows? Any weekday in late Sept. or October should be good. Usually our weather is good in Sept. and October. Last year we had record rainfall but normally both those months are fairly dry. Sometimes our best weather is late Sept/early October. Indian Summer.

40 days and counting until WDW! :sunny:

dreams91 said:
I went in October (towards the end) and it was EMPTY. No lines, no crowds. Occasional rain though (but we are used to that where we come from).

October of last year? By the way, your sig, your dress is so beautiful, you got married at disneyland? That is my dream wedding!!! what was that like? Sorry getting off the subject. What day was it?

When I grew up in Las Vegas, every year we would go to Disneyland around Halloween, because Nevada has its state's day on Halloween, and we got off from school. When I was younger, it would be really empty, so as an adult I continued going in October (all different times of the month) with my kids and DH. I have noticed each time, it has gotten more and more crowded no matter when in October, and so we are trying September this year.
I am just really excited because by the schedule on DL, we will get to be there one day with HM before they close it down for refurbishment on the 12th. We thought we would totally miss it altogether! :cheer2:

Michelle2 said:
When I grew up in Las Vegas, every year we would go to Disneyland around Halloween, because Nevada has its state's day on Halloween, and we got off from school. When I was younger, it would be really empty, so as an adult I continued going in October (all different times of the month) with my kids and DH. I have noticed each time, it has gotten more and more crowded no matter when in October, and so we are trying September this year.
I am just really excited because by the schedule on DL, we will get to be there one day with HM before they close it down for refurbishment on the 12th. We thought we would totally miss it altogether! :cheer2:
Do you think the crowds will be better in Sept this year? Because We might just go then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter