Which is better Teppan Edo or Tokyo Diner?

And how are they different?
Teppan Edo is Tepanyaki style food cooked on a grill surrounded by a table seating 8. The chef cooks your food there while providing a “show”.
Tokyo Dining is a more formal, traditional seating restaurant. The food is primarily sushi and Teppan entrees. Both are very good, but very different.

Teppan Edo is much loved by families with children who enjoy the onion Mickey Mouse face and such; typical communal hibachi house fare with a Disney twist.

Tokyo Dining has more variety as far as the menu goes and allows a more private seating with the possibility of looking out the window; no windows at TE probably so you can keep your eyes on the cooks who work to hard to entertain you. I travel with children who are older than 8 and they have aged out of TE and prefer TD.

We went to Teppan Edo once, and never again. We have at least 3 Japanese steak houses (including Benihanna), all of which are much better, and not as expensive. We found there wasn't a single thing that set Teppan Edo apart. Our chef was good, but no better than most chefs we've had locally.

We are considering trying Tokyo dining for the first time in July. The somewhat limited menu (especially the children's menu) is what's holding me back from full commitment.

We ate at Teppan Edo first time this October and really enjoyed it! We lucked out by having 3 other lovely couples st our table, such nice conversation! We really enjoyed our dinner!:thumbsup2

I've eaten at both, enjoy both.

I would prefer to eat at Tokyo Dining most times. It is quiet and has a calm atmosphere. The food is very visually appealing and tasty, too. After a hectic day in the parks, TD is just what I need. TE is great for celebrations and for entertainment during dinner. If young kids are with us, TE is the better choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter