Which is the better nighttime show/entertainment

They are in no way directly comparable.
Like asking if you like a Snickers bar or fried chicken.

Well Im asking which is better? If you had to only go to one which would you choose? I have 1 boy that isn't into star wars But wasn't sure which would be more fun for him.

Well Im asking which is better? If you had to only go to one which would you choose? I have 1 boy that isn't into star wars But wasn't sure which would be more fun for him.

My GUESS is that the Star Wars Fireworks would far more "exciting" than the Jungle Book "Bollywood dancing" for a little boy.

But, maybe your child is into group dancing with lyrics sung in the Hindi language.
That's the problem with answering a "which is better" question.

Last edited:

If you're asking about the shows only, then DHS for Star Wars show. Easily.

Overall experience makes your question harder. Many nighttime things at AK are better than those at DHS. Safari is great, EE is awesome, crowds are almost non-existent, Tree of Life Awakening is cool.

If I HAD to choose - AK/JB for overall evening. But if all I really cared about was the show - Star Wars, absolutely.

I haven't seen either, and am able to do both when we go, but if I could only choose one I would choose Star Wars- just from reading on these forums it gets much more rave reviews.

I wasn't impressed with the Jungle Book show, though my family said they liked it. I only saw a small part of the Star Wars show, but it was very cool. So, for me, the Star Wars fireworks show looks far, far better than the JB show. But, as gzmtlock said, the evening at AK is pretty nice (the Tree of Life awakenings are cool to see), and so if it were a "choose an evening" question, it's a little tougher. Still, for me, Fantasmic is the best show anywhere on property (besides Cirque du Soliel), so that would beat out both of the others!

I liked the Jungle Book show, but the Star Wars show is significantly more exciting.

I do agree with other posters that the Tree of Life awakenings at AK are super cool, though.

I liked the Jungle Book show.
Can I asked what you liked? It was scenes from the movie on the water, 3 people singing the popular songs from the movie and a bunch of people randomly dancing on floats (not together I might add). I honestly think Flights of Wonder is a better "show" than the Jungle Book. There is certainly nothing magical about it and it is not at all in the same league as the other nighttime spectaculars like World of Color, Wishes, Illuminations, Main Street Electrical Parade, Fantasmic, or Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular...We walked out before the ending. It was extremely boring.

Just my $0.02

I enjoyed the music and the dancing. I'm a fan of that style of performance, even if the show itself was a bit disjointed.

I wouldn't disagree with your point about it not living up to the other nighttime spectaculars at WDW.

Can I asked what you liked? It was scenes from the movie on the water, 3 people singing the popular songs from the movie and a bunch of people randomly dancing on floats (not together I might add). I honestly think Flights of Wonder is a better "show" than the Jungle Book. There is certainly nothing magical about it and it is not at all in the same league as the other nighttime spectaculars like World of Color, Wishes, Illuminations, Main Street Electrical Parade, Fantasmic, or Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular...We walked out before the ending. It was extremely boring.

Just my $0.02
I really do agree - the other shows at AK (Festival of the Lion King, Nemo the Musical, and even Flights of Wonder) are better offerings. But, my kids liked the fire twirlers that dance during the final song, and my wife generally enjoyed the music/singing. Due to a schedule issue (too complicated to explain) we had to make a choice as to whether to see Festival of the Lion King (which we've seen several times) or Jungle Book. I think we agreed that FoLK was better, but the other 3 in our family were glad we had seen Jungle Book, since we hadn't seen it before (I thought the opposite).

I did think the water jets and projections were cool (and well-done - any problems they had in the first days seem to have been resolved), and I expect if/when they are used in the way they were intended for Rivers of Light, they'll be a nice feature. But, I wouldn't worry about someone missing the Jungle Book show for just about anything else...

If you have one boy (not sure of his age), without a doubt Star Wars will be much more exciting for him, even if he's not a Star Wars fan. My entire family, including 2 boys, thought Jungle Book was only so-so. It doesn't have any of the pop or thrill that the fireworks shows do. It's singing and dancing, more of a "sophisticated" taste type thing. Star Wars will give a thrill to a young boy...or girl.

We left about a week before the new Star Wars show....but hugely disappointed in Jungle Book. We would not do this again.

Which would you choose if you had to pick one? The new Animal kingdom jungle book show or the star wars show at HS? Thanks

I would say Star Wars, however, be warned that if you have a child or shorter person in your group they will have a hard time seeing the projections (I am 5'0" and waited 1 hour for a front and center spot and still couldn't see due to a taller person in front of me) and the fireworks themselves are a bit underwhelming. The earlier version of the Star Wars fireworks was much better that they had before summer. Better music, way more fireworks no need to be tall to see.

I did not go to the Jungle Book show however I saw it from outside the seating area and I could see pretty good. It was OK, but not something I would wait a long time to see. Didn't have that "wow" factor that most Disney evening shows/entertainment have.

Does your boy like musical theatre or live action movies? If live theatre, then definitely AK for the Jungle Book show. If movie action, then the Star Wars fireworks. If you choose Jungle Book, try to sit as close to the middle of the lake as you can. If you don't have a good vision of the barges in the middle and front, you won't see much show. If you choose the Star Wars fireworks, be sure to stand where you can see the screens. There is more action on the screens with this show than there is in the sky.

I haven't seen either in person yet, but have watched both on YouTube. If I could only pick one to see in person I would pick the Star Wars fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter