Which is your favorite?? Beach Club Villas or Boulder Ridge Villas?

Lorianne2004

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between the two for a quick Fall trip. Heard nightmares about recent transportation issues from Wilderness Lodge area, so maybe leaning towards BCV, but heard those were being refurbished through Fall. Anyone have strong favorites between the two?

I like being able to walk to other hotels and theme parks. BCV is always my first choice, BWV is my second.

Without a car, you're kind of stuck at Wilderness Lodge. You can't get to a park unless you get on a bus (or boat to MK). You can't get to another hotel unless you go to MK and then walk or get on other transportation from there.

So for me, BCV over Boulder Ridge.

Nobody knows what's going on with the refurbishment at BCV. They did 2 floors then stopped. We don't know when they are going to finish.

Now wait for people to hop on and tell you that they love Wilderness Lodge and/or Boulder Ridge was just refurbished so you should stay there for that reason.

Love the location of BCV but Boulder Ridge is all newly renovated. Very tempted to stay there myself. Like said above, BCV did partial refurb and then stopped.

What are your plans regarding the parks? If you are going to MK a bunch, the boat ride from the Lodge is quite enjoyable. If Epcot is your park, nothing beats Beach Club. You can also walk to Disney Studios from Beach Club, but it is quite a walk (a boat ride is also available too).

We are more Epcot than MK when we visit now...unless there are kids...so we would choose BCV over BRV...but, not sure at this late date if getting BCV via DVC points is possible....unless you are only looking for a few nights and have flexibility in determining when you go in the fall.

Now wait for people to hop on and tell you that they love Wilderness Lodge and/or Boulder Ridge was just refurbished so you should stay there for that reason.
Actually own at BRV, but have also stayed at BCV (and have a trip scheduled there in 65 days). Regardless of refurb status, my biggest complaint about BC or YC (but mostly BC) is the mass of humanity that passes through both resorts on that side of the lake on an almost non-stop basis. Being so close to Epcot is both its blessing and its curse. It's even worse than the Monorail resort lobbies because you have the boardwalk as well. Add to that the number of private events that are held on the BC lawn and the sheer mass of people those introduce (it's a sea of people in one huge mass across the beach, the boardwalk, and the lawn), and that "remoteness" of BRV doesn't see like such a negative.

Actually own at BRV, but have also stayed at BCV (and have a trip scheduled there in 65 days). Regardless of refurb status, my biggest complaint about BC or YC (but mostly BC) is the mass of humanity that passes through both resorts on that side of the lake on an almost non-stop basis. Being so close to Epcot is both its blessing and its curse. It's even worse than the Monorail resort lobbies because you have the boardwalk as well. Add to that the number of private events that are held on the BC lawn and the sheer mass of people those introduce (it's a sea of people in one huge mass across the beach, the boardwalk, and the lawn), and that "remoteness" of BRV doesn't see like such a negative.

I wondered if that was the case at BC. I love the idea of walking to Epcot (my favorite park.) But not sure if that's worth it if the 'vibe' of BC is more on the chaotic side. I visited/wandered around Wilderness Lodge a decade ago and even it seemed a little more busy than I expected. But I'm guessing the BR area is maybe a bit more low-key.

I wondered if that was the case at BC. I love the idea of walking to Epcot (my favorite park.) But not sure if that's worth it if the 'vibe' of BC is more on the chaotic side. I visited/wandered around Wilderness Lodge a decade ago and even it seemed a little more busy than I expected. But I'm guessing the BR area is maybe a bit more low-key.
It depends. The lobbies are quieter than the Monorail resorts as they're not in the line of travel, but if there is a convention going on or a private party, then it can get pretty hectic. Seems that side of the lake is is the shorter/preferred route of travel for Swolphin guests too. Also, the walkway between YC and BC that passes the pool and Beaches & Cream can get hella busy. Once in BCV proper (like BWV), it's actually pretty nice although it seems like you get more noise from the parking lot at BCV than BWV and there is a road that runs between BCV and the backstage area of Epcot. You can't see it, but you can definitely hear it, particularly when trucks and busses are running back and forth on it. I don't think the BCV pool is as nice or quiet as the BRV pool either.

Last edited:
Trying to decide between the two for a quick Fall trip. Heard nightmares about recent transportation issues from Wilderness Lodge area, so maybe leaning towards BCV, but heard those were being refurbished through Fall. Anyone have strong favorites between the two?

I’m guessing availability will dictate your options, but BCV is our absolute favorite at WDW. We also own at CCV, so we definitely have a soft spot for the resort. It really depends on your goals for the trip as well. The walk to Epcot/HS and the BW area can’t be beat for us. We always take the shortcut around back, and it’s never crowded. We do tend to feel a bit trapped/limited at the lodge even with a rental car.

As far as noise at BCV, it’s never been an issue (other than some neighbors), and we’ve stayed during many different seasons/festivals. Our last stay was for the Springtime Surprise weekend in April. We were in a room on the first floor facing the road and super close to the parking lot, and it seriously ended up being one of my favorite locations ever. It was so easy to run in/out the side door to the buses and our rental car, and it was really peaceful. The road didn’t bother us at all. My favorite bonus was being able to see and hear Epcot Forever on our arrival night. 🤩

IMG_0766.jpeg

For us the only reason to stay at BCV or BWV for that is to walk to EPCOT or HS. We don’t mind the walk but it does have some downsides. The walkable park access is great but if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in those 2 parks or are more resort people there is just little to do in that area. BRV is much nicer to spend time at far more relaxed a lot of areas to sit and enjoy inside and out. You can see the MK fireworks and the water pageant from the now water front. Very easy access to the MK resorts by Boat or Bus to MK as well as the bus to DS which will stop at CR first although in the past it was GF. If you choose BRV don’t forget to spend some time in the Carolwood Pacific room a large amount of Disney history including 2 train cars from Walt’s backward ride on train as well as very comfortable fire place to sit in front of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter