Which lounge?

picktails

DIS Veteran
If you had one night on your own, before others joined you (in my case DD and her friend, both 26,) which resort lounge on the monorail line would you choose for dinner & drinks? We're staying at The Grand Floridian, making up park days we lost due to Hurricane Ian. I took one extra day since, well, why not?

If it's open the night you will be there, I would go to the Citricos lounge. Second choice would be the bar/lounge at Steakhouse 71 or, if you are there early, head to Trader Sam's at 2 pm to get your name on the list for the first wave of people at 3 pm for drinks and apps.

I'd probably stay "home" and start at Enchanted Rose with a cocktail and snack and then make my way over to Citricos (same floor ... not far at all) for another drink and either another snack or entree or dessert (can order off full menu).

BUT if wanting to explore, I'd try California Grill Lounge at the Contemporary (you aren't bound by the prix fixe in the lounge). Your best bet is trying to "rope drop" it (aka arrive at opening) but as a solo diner you probably have a better shot than larger parties throughout the evening. If CG isn't an option, hit Steakhouse 71. Don't miss the vintage photos in the entrance hallway. Great burger and onion rings.

Thanks all! I'm still not sure if I'm doing a park that day (E for F&G festival.) These are all great suggestions.

Space geek here. Check the Kennedy Space Center webpage for launches during your stay. It's a long shot, but Outer Rim in Contemporary has huge windows that face Cape Canaveral, and a night launch is pretty spectacular even from 70 miles away. Contempo Cafe is right there if you want to pick up a CS meal. Electrical Water Pageant is also visible at around 10pm.

I know this isn’t on the loop but Dhalia Lounge is the most underrated lounge in all of Disney. If I lived there I would meet up with friends there all the time

Enchanted Rose at Grand Floridian or Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge.

Geyser Point has more entre options if you're looking to eat dinner at the same time.

Again, not on the monorail.... But Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter