• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which lounges fill up fast?

rubysparkles

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on trying a lot of the lounges this year around Disney World. I love the food at signatures, but don't always want 3 courses or the formal atmosphere when dining alone so thought eating at some of the lounges was a good compromise. Are there any that I should be mindful of how busy they can get?

I know Trader Sam's can get very busy and have a wait for tables, I'm GOING this trip for the first time and am anticipating the wait. La Cava del Tequila is aways busy, but I know that going in and it's worth it for those margaritas. I'm more wondering about the lounges you can get food from the signatures at, like Crew's Cup, Cape Town Lounge, Ale and Compass etc. etc..

If worst comes to worst, I'll see the wait and make a reservation somewhere else on the MDE app. I just love the idea of the flexibility of lounges, so if I decide to snack I won't be put off a meal or if I'm particularly hungry I can go straight away. You know?

Get in line for Trader Sams about 45 minutes before it opens. It’s worth the wait!

Crew’s Cup is small and fills up quickly.

I’ve seen La Cava almost empty and super packed so hit or miss.

Mizner’s was packed on our last visit but it’s undergoing a refurb so that may not be the case when it reopens.

Most other lounges I’ve personally been to haven’t been too crazy.

Good luck!

Other thoughts as you choose your lounges....

If at Studios, consider Hollywood Brown Derby lounge outside. Fun atmosphere, good food. Usually not a long wait.

Sanaa lounge fills up fast but if you go at less than peak time, you can snag space.

Nomad at AK is a great spot, with bar or seating.

Flying fish might have a spot for one a the bar. Very worth asking.

Bar at Frontera Cocina serves whole menu. Friendly waitstaff. Great food.

Wave bar serves whole menu. (And is a good back up plan if California Grill lounge is too crowded to get upstairs.)

Timing is going to matter. If you go early or late (not peak dinner time) your wait is going to decrease.

(Not all signatures, I realize.)

Since lounges are excluded from the DDP anyway, definitely consider the lounges at the Swan/Dolphin. Bluezoo, in particular, has good lounge food (as well as the full dinner menu) and an outstanding mixology program. Shula's has a brand new bar area, but I haven't been there. Il Mulino has a lounge, too. Kimonos has very good sushi and other apps (plus karaoke) and is definitely worth checking out.

If you're not averse to using a taxi, Uber/Lyft, or your own car, the lounges at Four Seasons and Waldorf/Hilton are worth a visit. These ARE in Disney World, just not linked with the Disney transportation service. The cocktail program at the Waldorf (Peacock Lounge and Bull & Bear) is AMAZING.

Other than specialty places like Trader Sam's, La Cava, Nomad and Tutto Gusto, the Disney lounges are no big deal. Don't get me wrong, they're all pretty good, but there is a tendency on this board for people to gush about the ordinary. Overall, however, I'd say the lounges do what they do better than most of the restaurants themselves.

Trader Sams and California Grill would be the 2 that fill up fastest. Have not been to the CG lounge for years, we just eat in the restaurant instead.
Trader Sams, arrive and get on the list at least 45 minutes before opening. Love the bartenders. Worth the wait.
Loved Mizners, the Jazz band is wonderful
Abracadabar can be busy earlier in the night. After 8, seemed not as busy.

In our experience, Tune In Lounge at 50s Prime Time at DHS is always packed. Can be difficult to get in there by just stopping in. We also found the bar at Homecomin' in Disney Springs to be full the entire time we were there in October.

Abracadabar on the Boardwalk is fun - no food but great cocktails.
Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL's Jambo used to have a pretty extensive food menu. It has been trimmed a bit but there are still some nice choices, and it is a nice place to hang out, and the resort is so pretty.

Thank you for this thread. Im hoping to do a few Lounges in September, Trader Sams and Brown Derby outside lounge but rethinking that one due to the SW opening.

Does La Cava del Tequila serve a little food? I LOVE the advocado margaritas there. If so, I think I will add that to our list.

We are lime you we enjoy nice relaxed dining and good food and drinks, but last few trips we are just ordering apps and drinks and full.

Thanks.

What about Trader Sam's for just one person?

I'm having a hard time telling how much bar seating there is from photos online.

There are 4 or 5 bar stools right at the bar. Then there is a bar in the middle with about 8 stools. Also, sometimes there are people at the low chairs/tables that are not occupying all of the space. I wouldn't think twice about asking if there is room. Depending upon the time, you might be able to get in. There is always outside too. You can also get a drink to go from the outside bar and just find somewhere to sit outside or in the lobby. Or take the drink with you as walk to GF to hit your next bar:drinking1

Crew’s Cup is small and fills up quickly.

I wondered that, I think I waited for my Yachtsman dinner there maybe 4 or 5 years back and we couldn't get a seat to wait.

Other thoughts as you choose your lounges....

If at Studios, consider Hollywood Brown Derby lounge outside. Fun atmosphere, good food. Usually not a long wait.

Sanaa lounge fills up fast but if you go at less than peak time, you can snag space.

Nomad at AK is a great spot, with bar or seating.

Flying fish might have a spot for one a the bar. Very worth asking.

Bar at Frontera Cocina serves whole menu. Friendly waitstaff. Great food.

Wave bar serves whole menu. (And is a good back up plan if California Grill lounge is too crowded to get upstairs.)

Timing is going to matter. If you go early or late (not peak dinner time) your wait is going to decrease.

(Not all signatures, I realize.)

I think I'll probably be going fairly early if I'm eating, so I'm hoping I'll be fine with most of them.

Since lounges are excluded from the DDP anyway, definitely consider the lounges at the Swan/Dolphin. Bluezoo, in particular, has good lounge food (as well as the full dinner menu) and an outstanding mixology program. Shula's has a brand new bar area, but I haven't been there. Il Mulino has a lounge, too. Kimonos has very good sushi and other apps (plus karaoke) and is definitely worth checking out.

I'm definitely leaning towards this one day, probably after doing Hollywood Studios. I love sushi and seafood! I've always been curious about Bluezoo, I've heard good and bad things.

Trader Sams and California Grill would be the 2 that fill up fastest. Have not been to the CG lounge for years, we just eat in the restaurant instead.
Trader Sams, arrive and get on the list at least 45 minutes before opening. Love the bartenders. Worth the wait.
Loved Mizners, the Jazz band is wonderful
Abracadabar can be busy earlier in the night. After 8, seemed not as busy.

Thanks for the tips.

The lounge attached 50's prime time cafe. However if you are lucky the bar stools are occupied by people waiting for their ADR's

Yeah, I've sat there before and I was lucky, but just to get a vanilla diet coke, back when coke freestyle didn't really exist. Not a big fan of their food, will probably skip that one.

We also found the bar at Homecomin' in Disney Springs to be full the entire time we were there in October.

If I go to Homecomin', I think I'd do it for brunch? I've heard it's incredibly popular and is definitely the new hotness since last time I went to WDW.

Abracadabar on the Boardwalk is fun - no food but great cocktails.
Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL's Jambo used to have a pretty extensive food menu. It has been trimmed a bit but there are still some nice choices, and it is a nice place to hang out, and the resort is so pretty.

NO FOOD? It says on the WDW website it has food from Flying Fish! That's going to be annoying, some of those cocktails look good enough to pop in anyway.

What about Trader Sam's for just one person?

I'm having a hard time telling how much bar seating there is from photos online.

Maybe I'll get lucky then? I don't ming waiting though, the Poly is beautiful.

Thank you for this thread. Im hoping to do a few Lounges in September, Trader Sams and Brown Derby outside lounge but rethinking that one due to the SW opening.

Does La Cava del Tequila serve a little food? I LOVE the advocado margaritas there. If so, I think I will add that to our list.

I'd like to do the two lounges at Hollywood Studios too, Brown Derby was great when I went there last and Taphouse looks like it does a mean pretzel. I'll see what people say about SW:GE and make my decision based on that. I think La Cava del Tequila is only chips and queso kind of food, not even a full bar menu.

There are 4 or 5 bar stools right at the bar. Then there is a bar in the middle with about 8 stools. Also, sometimes there are people at the low chairs/tables that are not occupying all of the space. I wouldn't think twice about asking if there is room. Depending upon the time, you might be able to get in. There is always outside too. You can also get a drink to go from the outside bar and just find somewhere to sit outside or in the lobby. Or take the drink with you as walk to GF to hit your next bar:drinking1

I've sat in the Tiki Terrace before and what a great place to relax, loved the cocktails there. That walk sounds like a good idea.

If I go to Homecomin', I think I'd do it for brunch? I've heard it's incredibly popular and is definitely the new hotness since last time I went to WDW.

Brunch crowds may be more manageable, but I think a lot of people defer to the bar there because ADRs can be hard to get and walk-ups (if they are taking them) often have long waits for seating in the dining room.

NO FOOD? It says on the WDW website it has food from Flying Fish! That's going to be annoying, some of those cocktails look good enough to pop in anyway.

I'm not the one who posted about this originally, but when we went there a couple years ago the food available was like a basic charcuterie plate and a couple other little things like that.

If you're not averse to using a taxi, Uber/Lyft, or your own car, the lounges at Four Seasons and Waldorf/Hilton are worth a visit. These ARE in Disney World, just not linked with the Disney transportation service. The cocktail program at the Waldorf (Peacock Lounge and Bull & Bear) is AMAZING.

Other than specialty places like Trader Sam's, La Cava, Nomad and Tutto Gusto, the Disney lounges are no big deal. Don't get me wrong, they're all pretty good, but there is a tendency on this board for people to gush about the ordinary. Overall, however, I'd say the lounges do what they do better than most of the restaurants themselves.
I agree with everything you said. I usually stay at the Swalphin and I love that I have so many walk up options.

To me,the two with the best food not in the parks are Territory Lounge (very small, hidden gem at WL) and the Crew's cup. Me and Mrs. Ally sat in the Territory Lounge one whole afternoon (it used to be open earlier) by ourselves. The bartender talked us into sharing a bowl of the Muschoom soup and an order of the Pretzel bread and cheese fondue. Both were superb.

We are lime you we enjoy nice relaxed dining and good food and drinks, but last few trips we are just ordering apps and drinks and full.

Thanks.

We were there in January, I know they had chips, salsa, and amazing guacamole.

I'm not the one who posted about this originally, but when we went there a couple years ago the food available was like a basic charcuterie plate and a couple other little things like that.

When we went to Abracadabar in December they had some food. There was a poutine I really wanted to try, but it was too close to our dinner ADR time to eat anything.

We were there in January, I know they had chips, salsa, and amazing guacamole.

Thank you. I run in there to get 1-2 margaritas during our walk around WS, and didn't think about stopping in for a break and a snack. I am going to add this for September.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter