Which magic bands have lighting effects at tapstiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
At Epcot today and the kids want to purchase magic bands as souvenirs. We have been told that some limited edition MBs have lighting effects but CMs in the gift shop have no idea what I’m talking about. Any ideas on how to get our hands on one of these?

There is NO such thing as a "tapstile". The entries are called "Touch-Poinnts". You TOUCH your ticket media to Mickey, not TAP.

Most of the limited edition ones have effects. The anniversary ones do for sure. Some of the movie limited edition ones do as well. Something like the Epcot 35 bands won't work at all four parks though the effects will usually only work at Epcot. Same for the MK 45 ones or AK 20 one. I have at least 10 limited edition bands.

DS got the Incredibles Jack Jack limited edition MB and every once in awhile the tap style (or whatever) would light up red and the sound played was the Incredibles theme. We thought something was wrong at first since this was only our 2nd trip. :lmao: DS really enjoyed it after a CM told us what it was haha.

Thanks Everyone! So we went into Mouse Gear and bought 4 limited edition MBs before heading back home.
I got a red and green Everest
DW got a purple Figment
DD 9 got a 2018 Mickey
DD 7 got a purple Walt
Not sure if any will have any lights or sounds but it will be fun to find out next trip... unless one DD's MB has special effects and the other's doesn't. That won't be fun at all lol. I did briefly check out magicbandcollectors.com but didn't have time to look thoroughly. Can't wait to try them out. On the plane, already counting the days for our next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter