Which meals to pay out of pocket for?

wasabi girl

<font color="894fbf">Mouseketeer<br><font color="9
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of going for a quick trip this fall. We'd probably use the dining plan...last time I went we were on the premium plan (alas no such luxury this time). The dinners that we particularly liked count as two TS meals (jiko, Artist Point, Citricos, Brown Derby)...which would leave us a few days short of a table service meal (which we'd probably need). The question is: How do you go about deciding which meals to pay out of pocket for? Is it worth it to use two TS credits for the signature dining experiences? My thought is on the nights that we go to the 2TS meals, we do a CS meal for lunch and then on the off nights (no TS) we do a sit down lunch TS meal for which we pay out of pocket ( including 50s prime time, Alfredos, Chefs de france), then do CS for dinner (since we have so many of them)...and any breakfasts it seems like a waste to use the dining plan, better to pay out of pocket for any breakfasts...does this make sense? We will be a group of four adults...who all are foodies... any suggestions on how best to utilize the plan this way? We don't mind paying out of pocket for things not included but want to use the plan in the most cost effective way...

I personally think the 1 credit meals were so good that I'd never do a signature meal. That's just my opinion though.

If you want the signature meal, my recommendation would be to conserve CS credits and not pay any meals out of pocket. I'd suggest getting lunch at Cosmic Rays (CS at MK) and ordering the 1/2 chicken and ribs combo. This meal is huge, the food is very good quality for a CS, and it will EASILY feed two people. If the four of you eat there it would only "cost" you two credits instead of four. You can do the same thing at AK at Flame Tree BBQ. The 1/2 rack of ribs combo and the rotisserie chicken combos are slightly smaller than the Cosmic Rays combo, but either one can still feed two. That's another 2 CS credits saved. Now you'll have the four extra credits you need to do your signature experience.

The only trade-off is that you lose one TS meal, but at least you still eat every meal and never go OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter