WHICH MODERATE? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• POR

• POFQ

• CSR

• CBR

Results are only viewable after voting.

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
hi all, what moderate is your favorite any why? we have AKL savannnah view reserved already with the new code that is out and if we stayed at a moderate we could save 1000.00, no more than we are in the room i just dont know about spending 1756.00 for a seven night stay when i can get a moderate for 800.00.we are DVC owners and we have rented some of our points out and wanting to try something diffrent,eventually we are going to try all of them.so please help me with this difficult decision would you change your ressie to save 1000.00? i could see spending the money if we were going to be in the room a whole lot but we are not. this is our first trip without some family members being with us and we plan on seeing everything we have not got to see before, so there will be little time in the room.we have never stayed at a moderate before so we need some help choosing which one, we are in our 20s and want something romantic, so which resort would you choose?
thanks,misty

I spent one night at Port Orleans French Quarter last September, it was nice but I like Coronado Springs better, probably because there seemed to be fewer little kids at CSR. I'm going to have a couple of nights at CBR in May before I move to the Dolphin.

I love the Dolphin because I get the teacher discount (thanks to my dh) which is in line with the moderates at $139/night, but it is a deluxe and I love the Boardwalk location :)

There are discounts for medical professionals, teachers and government workers at both the Swan and Dolphin. Not Disney resorts but on Disney property--works for me :teeth:

I've stayed at POR and CBR, and I love them both. POR for the boat to DTD, the beautiful grounds, the great foodcourt. I stayed at Alligator Bayou for the rustic atsmosphere. The Mansions sound to be very romantic.

CBR I found more socially friendly. Maybe it was because I was getting very use to solo traveling when I was there, and I opened up more. Their grounds too are gorgeous, with the beaches in every village.

I've also stayed at AKL, which is awesome. Having a view of the animals while sitting on your balcony is quite an experience. The two resturants are excellent, and the gift store is my favorite. What I don't care for is there's no grounds to just stroll around. There is a viewing area behind the main lobby, but it's not like walking "around.

My opinion is... save the bucks, reserve a moderate, and spend a few hours at the Lodge. Have dinner (Boma is sooo good), view the animals and do a little shopping. The only thing missing is the savannah view from the balcony.

I've only actually stayed at POR and POFQ, but I liked POR so much I went back 3 more times. I love the atmosphere - the river, Alligator Bayou, Magnolia Bend. It's very charming and very relaxing.

I would stay at POR and request Magnolia Bend (the mansions.) If you're looking for a romantic atmosphere you can't beat this resort. The grounds are just beautiful: winding roads along the river with wild birds and bunnies around, a rose garden, a flower draped gazebo, little benches in secluded places. There are even horse drawn carriage rides available in the evening. The boat ride to DTD is so nice, especially at night when DTD is reflected in the water as you slowly drift down the river. There are so many quiet pools available that you can sometimes even have the pool to yourself. Even if you don't they are close enough to most rooms that a late night swim after the parks is wonderful.

Hi Misty

Now although I haven't stayed at a moderate before I voted for CBR - we were suppsoed to stay here in December but our holiday was cancelled as I was ill :( BUt I really liked the look of this resort, what with the refurbed food court and I think the rooms have also recently been refurbed I thought it lood good - I also like the look of the location. Another reason is I'm a sucker for fitted twin sinks with all the space around them to put all my tolietries and everything.

I have only stayed at POR and really didn't care for it much but I do hear that most families with kids stay at CBR. My sis stayed at Coronado Springs and she prefered it over the other 4 moderates.

I believe Port Orleans French Quarter is the best moderate for you. It is really a lot of fun. CSR is really best for business oriented travel as it has a large convention center on the property and the property is very large. The Disney Institute education programs are now being run there. I will be there in two weeks for one. CBR is also quite large with a lake and many pools. We have stayed there many times and have enjoyed it. They have a new food court and restaurant there. The old Dixie Landings is also nice with different southern charms, depending on where you stay in that property. However, we are very partial to the New Orleans theming at POFQ. The detail of this resort is incredible. Ask for a King room. Take a boat out on the Sassagoula River and tour the lake at Downtown Disney, then go all of the way up to the OKW docks and end up your circuit with a trip past PO and up to Dixie Landings. It is about an hour all around, very relaxing, great scenery.

May I suggest that you do both, AKL and PO? Split the reservation because AKL is not to be missed. The savannah view is breathtaking. AKL is our favorite resort. Jiko is a fabulous restaurant. And there is nothing more romantic than a private dinner for two on your savannah view balcony. Disney handles the baggage transfers, just let them know when they pick up your luggage. We have done this with OKW and AKL. We have even stayed at AKL on points.

Have fun!

I agree with Jim C's suggestion to try to stay at both POR and AKL, if possible. I think that AKL is a very romantic resort, especially in the evening. Part of any romantic experience has to be experiencing the resort you are paying for. Boma's is not-to-be-missed! The pool is wonderful, the animals are fun to watch, and pay a visit to the firepit to sit and relax, especially at night. I did AKL after my 5 nights at BWV, and fell in love with it! Since DVC's weekends are more expensive than the week days, I stayed my first 2 nights at POR, then 5 nights at BWV, and the last 4 days at AKL. AKL is really worth every cent, and if you want to make it even cheaper, consider an Annual Passport. We paid $125 per night at AKL last summer with an AP.

I usually stay away from changing resorts in the middle of the trip. I always do alot of shopping and have my purchases sent directly to my room so I like spending my whole vacation in one spot, but that's just me :) I've stayed at each of the moderates except for Coronado Springs but my favorite by far is Riverside. The atmosphere there is wonderful! I'll never stay at CBR again as it isn't as laid back and the food court there can be a real madhouse!! French Quarter is great, but I prefer Riverside.

I voted for Port Orleans French Quarter. This is my FAVORITE moderate resort and I think you'd be really happy there. Compared to the other moderates, this is the smallest in size, which is a big advantage in my book. No matter what building you are in, it only takes a couple of minutes to get anywhere around the resort. I would recommend building #5. This is centrally located and even if you have a "standard" view, you actually have a garden view. This building is very close to the main pool, hot tub, main building, foodcourt & bus stop.

I have to agree with Terk-1. And like Terk said, its small so it only takes a couple of minutes to get anywhere in the resort. I also love the feel of the place, I guess its the New Orleans feel to it....I just love it.

I've stayed more than once at each of the moderates. My order of preference is:

1st - POFQ - Love the smaller size and feel. Boat to DTD is great and an easy walk to POR if you want a change of dining.

Tied for a close 2nd - POR and CBR - POR is beautiful and is a wonderful place just to walk around. It also gives me access to POFQ and the boat to DTD. I like the theme, layout and overall feel of CBR. I like the food court at CBR although it can be a bit busy.

Distant 3rd - CSR - I know a lot of people like it but I've tried it three different times and just don't like it there. The theme is nice and the pool area is very nice but the whole resort feels less Disney to me than any others. I'm not a fan of the food court.

I will have to put my vote in for POFQ as well. I have not stayed at CSR but had a look at it on my last trip. I stayed at CBR and while the food court is excellent, the walk was very long from our building. I love the FQ and you can always walk or take the boat to PORiverside for dinner or shopping. The walk there is quite nice. The atmosphere at French Quarter is really nice and the food court, while not very big, was great. Wherever you choose, I hope you have a great trip!

We stayed at POR for our honeymoon and LOVED it! It was so beautiful and romantic. We were back within a year and brought my parents who also loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter