Which moderate is recommended for adult only trip?

Pig Pen

To all who have come to this happy place...welcome
We have stayed at Coronado and loved it. We are thinking about trying the Caribbean Beach in May, but I am afraid that CSR spoiled us with its peace and quiet. We like sitting in the spa, quiet walks around the lake in the a.m., sitting by the pool and reading, grabbing a coffee and people-watching at the lakeside tables at the Pepper Market.

We liked the free in-room coffee (although the coffee itself is not really great), the iron and board, the hair dryer, etc.

Downside - only one sink.

Will CBR give us this and more?

Or should we think about POR? DH has no desire to go there yet. In May we plan on touring other resorts so we can decide a location for our Sept trip.

Thanks.

Hey Pig Pen!

I have only stayed at moderates - but have never stayed at CBR. So I don't have any first hand infomation about that resort.

I do love Coronado Springs, and PO-FQ. Both for different reasons. Like you said - the quiet, relaxed atmosphere at CS, and the full service resturant, the spa on site, the quiet pools and the great bus service.

I love PO-FQ because it is small, has a good food court, bus service is good, and the best feature the boat to DD. There are two sinks at PO-FQ. I don't think there was a coffee pot - but we brought our own. POFQ is also quiet and relaxed.

Have fun deciding where you want to stay. And remember it is at WDW - so any resort should be a good pick.

Of the moderates, we have now stayed at CSR, POR, and POFQ, and we like POR best. We like the theming and find that it's a quiet, pretty hotel. (While some people prefer to be in Alligator Bayou because it's closer to the food court, etc., we were in the Mansions and loved it. I think it's much more peaceful toward the back.)

Just got back from CBR a few weeks ago and WOW!! Recently refurbished rooms, dual sinks, privacy curtain were the highlights in the room but outside was what sold me. White sand beaches, lounging in hammocks or lounge chairs, boat and bike rentals available but most of all was watching the fireworks of Illuminations from the hammock on the beach each night - no crowds to deal with and just having to walk back to the room after - THE BEST!!!!

Second would be POFQ. Very peaceful but the best about this resort is it's compactness.

Hope this helps!!! :p

I LOVE Port Orleans French Quarter!!! This is a great resort and is small, so even from the farthest building, it is less than 5 minutes to the main building & pool. The hot tub is tucked away beside the pool bar and is surrounded with tall bushes. I love walking around here early in the morning. It is so quiet and beautiful!

I have stayed at POR and thought it was very nice - quiet and relaxing. Our room was near the quiet pool, which was great. As for CBR, I loved the layout of the resort and sitting on the beach. However, the food court was a nightmare. 4 places to order food and there were separate lines for each one and no place to queue. There were tons of kids in there also, and they seemed to all be whining (wow, I sound like a real grouch!:mad: ). Typically I love kids, but I have to say that the food court reuined my stay. I do know several people that say CBR is their favorite, so I guess you can't go wrong.

Have fun!

Originally posted by BetsyAnn
I love PO-FQ because it is small, has a good food court, bus service is good, and the best feature the boat to DD. There are two sinks at PO-FQ. I don't think there was a coffee pot - but we brought our own. POFQ is also quiet and relaxed.

I agree with BetsyAnn, POFQ is a great place to be. Its small and quiet, and the boat to DD is a great way to travel.

We have never even considered PO resorts - I don't know why. If we decide to stick with CSR, we will definitely take some time to tour the PO resorts and test the waters.

We have another trip planned for Sept so I get to make all these decisions one more time this year.

Thanks.

Just made ressies at CBR for our 20th wedding anniversary in June. After reading your posts about the beach, I made the right choice. The reservationist said we would have pool view.

They put on our ressies "anniversary", any idea what they do special?

Here's a vote for French Quarter. It is by far our favorite of all the moderates.

Well, we decided to stick with Coronado this trip, but will take some time to explore the other resorts to prepare for our September trip.

Thanks everyone.

I agree with all the above reviews. POFQ is compact, has a nice food court and nice areas overall (I don't recall a coffee maker or even an ironing board). I also love PORS and CBR. Travelin Tigger was correct about CBR. I have been there in past before current update and think the resort is nice and wouldn't hesitate to go back. But I would like to throw out another option to you. I don't know when you are going, but if you plan on going for a week you may want to try out two different resorts during your stay (ie. POFQ 4 nights and CBR 3 nights). You may also want to try something completely different. Have you thought about renting DVC points. If you rent DVC points for Sun - Thurs lets say at OKW (then you require 8 points per night at $10.00 per point equaling $80.00 a night for a studio). With the studio you get a refrig., wet bar, coffee maker and can request a toaster, plus you have access to a gym and a sauna. If you would rent points for BWV then you would require 9 points per night (S-thurs) at $10.00 per point and would cost $90.00 per days stay. You get the same amenities as at OKW plus are right there by Epcot. By the time you pay for POFQ or CBR you will be paying almost the same amount. When the weekend comes, the points double to stay at the DVC's, then you checkout on Friday morning and move back to one of the moderates for last few days of stay.

Just providing another option. I am considering this one for my next trip so I can enjoy two different experiences. Have a great time planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter