• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which movies can't you bring yourselves to watch/re-watch?

I can't rewatch Hamburger Hill, Band of Brothers, or Saving Private Ryan. Some of the scenes in those movies are just too intense. I also won't watch Toy Store 3 or 4 again.

I probably won't watch Green Mile either.

As for animal shows, won't watch if something happens to them. Have never seen Old Yellar, Bambi or Dumbo, just can't do it. Couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Lion King but I've never watched the scene when Mufasa dies, I either look away or walk out of the room.

Easy one...Titanic. I saw it the first week it was released, have never seen it again, and can still close my eyes and see certain haunting scenes. :scared:

I can't rewatch Hamburger Hill, Band of Brothers, or Saving Private Ryan. Some of the scenes in those movies are just too intense. I also won't watch Toy Store 3 or 4 again.

I probably won't watch Green Mile either.

As for animal shows, won't watch if something happens to them. Have never seen Old Yellar, Bambi or Dumbo, just can't do it. Couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Lion King but I've never watched the scene when Mufasa dies, I either look away or walk out of the room.
Man - Tom Hanks really did a number on you!

Titanic
Schindler’s List

I saw them both in the Theatre in my 20s and came out drained from bawling. I haven’t been able to watch them ago.

Grave of the Fireflies.

10/10 recommend, will never watch again.

(Probably a lie and I will watch it again, but oh buddy, you have to be in a strong headspace for this one.)

I walked out on “Jurassic Park” when it played at the Ziegfeld. The theatre had something like SurroundSound which meant you heard the t-rex walking from afar right up to the wooden shack where he ripped the guy to shreds. The audio was too much for me to bear.

I also shouldn’t have seen “Alien“ knowing that nobody was going to be home when I got there.

Schindler's List was the first thing that came to mind. I saw it once in its entirety while it was out in theaters, but I haven't been able to watch the full movie since. I was flipping channels several years ago and came upon it at the ending. I broke down in tears just at the mournful sound of the song Yerushalayim Shel Zahav.

Beyond that, animal moves really get me. I'm another vote for Marley & Me as well as A Dog's Purpose (can't bring myself to see the sequel), but my all time bawl my eyes out animal movie is Gorillas in the Mist.

Saw Bambi, Jungle Book, and Greyfriars Bobby at pictures when I was a kid~ as an adult I could not re watch. Same as Watership Down and All Dogs go to Heaven. I avoid all films animated or not with anything upsetting about animals. The Saw films, Screams and I Know What You Did Last Summers I love re watching!
One horror I will never watch again is The Exorcist. Saw it when it first came out, I was 15 and it truly freaked me out.
😃

I refuse to watch any scary movies and I don't like animal movies where something happens to the animal (too many 80s and 90s movies scarred me 🤣 )

I kind of had to chuckle at everyone listing Schindler's List. I watch it at least 5 times a year. I teach high school World History and it is part of our Holocaust curriculum so there is a week every school year where I watch every part of that movie 5 times. It sounds horrible, but I get kind of numb to it after the 1st or 2nd showing. Although the ending still always tugs at me, especially with the survivors walking at the end and placing the stones on the grave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter