Which movies to watch before our trip?

Mouskemom

Mouseketeer
Hi

We're headed down in one month and I'm wondering which movies will best get my boys (4 & 6) prepared for Disney and all of the rides and attractions.

For example, we already watched the Star Wars movies, so they're all excited to go on the ride and possibly fight Darth Vader.

Which other movies should we watch?

This discussion would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

Peter Pan, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh (classic movie), Toy Story, Tom Sawyer, Swiss Family Robinson, Nemo, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and Beast, Indiana Jones movies, Cars, It's a Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, Lion King, any of the old Disney cartoons.

As you can see, you have your choice of many, many movies as I'm sure others will give you even more ideas.

Pop some popcorn and have fun!

Our girls first trip was when they were about that age. They had seen most of the "cartoon"movies. We rented Swiss Family Robinson and had them watch it.

They were both terrified of the pirates. They were crying and holding on to each other on the couch! DH and I thought it was so funny, because it was so old fashioned and fake!!:happytv:

We knew then that they probably could not handle some of the "scary" rides!

Now they are 13 and 16, and they still shudder when we mention that movie!!:rotfl:

There are a few live action Disney sing a long dvd's that are good examples of the parks- there's a Disneyland fun one that shows most of the rides in MK even though it's california. Also there is a Flik's Animal one that shows great examples of AK.. A campout one that shows wilderness campgrounds and more and finally a beach party one that shows the water parks well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-So...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1255697894&sr=8-1-fkmr0

http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Sing-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1255697936&sr=8-1-fkmr0

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-So...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1255697966&sr=8-1-fkmr2

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-So...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1255698016&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Hope that helps

We watched Song of the South and Swiss Family Robinson before our last trip. It made Splash Mountain and the Treehouse a lot more interesting for the kids.

For boys 4 pirate: and 6 pirate:, I would recommend ...

Movie: Aladdin
Ride/Attraction
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Character Meet 'n Greet
Aladdin, Jasmine and Jafar (MK & Epcot)
Character Meal
Akershus (Epcot) (Jasmine and other Disney princesses)
(I know you have boys. But, of all the Disney princess movies, my DS4 likes this one. :rolleyes1)

Movies:
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Ride/Attraction
Toy Story Mania (DHS)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (MK)
Character Meet 'n Greet
Buzz, Woody, Jessy (and sometimes Bulleseye) (MK & DHS)
(They are also in the Block Party Bash @ DHS)

Movie: Cars
Character Meet 'n Greet
Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater (DHS)
(They are also in the Block Party Bash @ DHS)

Movie: Finding Nemo
Ride/Attraction
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (Epcot)
Turtle Talk with Crush (Epcot)
Finding Nemo the Musical (DAK)
(I highly recommend this musical. DS4 LOVED it!!!!! :love:)

Movie: Peter Pan
Ride/Attraction
Peter Pan's Flight (MK)
Character Meet 'n Greet
Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee (MK)

Movie: Lilo and Stitch
Character Meet 'n Greet
Stitch (MK)
Character Meal
'Ohana (breakfast)
(I DON'T recommend Stitch's Great Escape at MK for children your age. :wizard:)

Movie: The Muppets (any)
Ride/Attraction
Muppet Vision 3-D (DHS)

Movie: The Lion King
Ride/Attraction
Festival of the Lion King (DAK)
Character Meet 'n Greet
Rafiki and Timon (DAK)
Character Meal
The Garden Grove (Swan)

Movie: Winnie the Pooh (any)
Ride/Attraction
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Character Meet 'n Greet
Winnie, Eeyore, Piglet & Tigger (MK, Epcot & DAK)
Character Meal
Crystal Palace

I know there are hundreds of Disney movies I could have listed. However, the above are what my DS9 and DS4 liked at your son's ages. Also, make sure to watch some Mickey classics like Fantasia and Mickey's Christmas Carol too. :thumbsup2

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

What about Dumbo?

:thumbsup2 Personally, I love Dumbo. Believe it or not, my children don't like Dumbo. :scared1: What is even more shocking, they don't want to ride it at the MK. I had to "guilt" DD7 into riding with me during our Mother's Day trip. They seem to prefer The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Yes, I know ... I have very bizarre children. :rotfl:

Also, with the re-release of Snow White on Blu-Ray, DS4 had been watching Snow White lately. However, during our CRT breakfast and a Meet 'n Greet with Snow White at Epcot, he wouldn't stand next to her for a picture. Also, all three of our children did NOT like Snow White's Scary Adventure at the MK. Children can be funny like that at times. :dance3:

:goodvibes Jennifer

We actually watched an old disney promo DVD from about 4 years ago. My boys are 8 and 5 and my daughter is 3. The video was the one with 4 people showing you the fun stuff to do around the parks. The kids really liked the characters Luke, the extreme guy, and Dave, the relaxation guy. We were walking around the parks and they kept pointing out Dave's bench (had to take a picture there) and rides Luke went on. It was nce because it showed all the rides so the kids kinda knew what to expect for rides like Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain.

On top of the films already mentioned, I'd add Cinderella to the list especially if they have any interest in the Castle. Yes, it's a princess movie, but there's plenty of cat-and-mouse antics to where I think boys that age would enjoy it. Alice in Wonderland (for the Mad Tea Party at MK) and The Three Caballeros (for Gran Fiesta Tour at EPCOT) could also be good choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter