Which non-Home Resort have you stayed at the most at WDW?

What WDW non-Home Resort have you stayed at the most?

• Animal Kingdom Villas

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Bay Lake Tower

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Beach Club

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • BoardWalk

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • VWL / Boulder Ridge / Copper Creek

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Old Key West

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Saratoga

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Riviera

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
We have owned for a while. Just tried to see if I could find a history of past reservations via my account, but the info only seems to go back three years now. We stay at Beach club at least once every year, often twice per year and SSR every other year. We like split stays so we usually stay at two resorts each trip and use the SSR points. Those would include BWV 5-6 times, OKW 5-6 times, BRV twice, CCV twice, BLT twice, AKL Kidani. It frequently depends on who and how many are going, we all have our favorites.

We own where we want to stay (BCV, CCV, BLT, and VGC). We have no interest in SSR, OKW, or Riv and have never stayed at those resorts. Due to somewhat last minute changes/availability, I think the non-home WDW resort we’ve stayed at most is BWV. My husband hates it so much there though that we’ll never stay there again. 🤦🏼‍♀️

The non-home DVC resort we’ve stayed at most though is Aulani. We all absolutely love it there, and it’s really the only place I’m never ready to come home from. I’m definitely contemplating buying a decent amount of points there…🤩😅

Home - OKW
We have multiple locations that we have stay at outside our home resort starting with and in our preference order:
BCV
AKL-J
BWV
BLT
VWL
SSR
VB
HHI
Poly - 1 time will never stay there again, the one resort we do not like.
VGF - The one DVC resort on the east coast that we have not stayed at, had it booked last year but Hurricane Ian got in the way.
We trade out 95% of our trips, the main reason we trade out is due to what we are planning on doing that trip and want the location that is closest to that location.
We have not found a reason to buy at any other resort, as the 7 month booking window works for us.

Own at SSR and haven’t stayed there in over 10 years 🤣

BWV is our top choice and we usually do a 1br which we’ve been able to get at 7 months or less. Many trips to BWV!

We’ve also done stays at BLT and BCV.

We have only been DVC members for a few years. We own at SSR (and just added at VGF). Since we have been traveling in Nov/Dec the last few years I tend to pick Copper Creek if I can snag it. (Have been lucky to get a few days in a 1 bedroom a few times in Dec.) We have also stayed at AKV Jambo twice. Hoping to get around to trying all the resorts on day, but I have fallen in love with Copper Creek the last few years. If Poly2 doesn’t live up to expectations or has restrictions we will be adding on there.

We have used our OKW pts at BWV the most. We did buy a small contract at BWV in 2014 ,but only 4 out of 11 BWV stays have been with those pts. We have been lucky to get a variety of resorts at 7 mths out with our OKW pts! We've only stayed at OKW once since 2008!

Own at BLT and BWV, but recent trips have included week long stays at the Poly instead of BLT. I love my home resorts and have still spent the majority of my stays at those, but I love the outdoor space and the theming at the Poly.

We own at SSR but have only spent 2 nights there. We liked it, but seems like we always try something different. We've stayed at Boardwalk for the most total number of nights but that should be passed by AKV-Kidani this summer. We've stayed multiple nights everywhere else except OKW/CCV/BRV.

Over our 30 years as DVC members we have stayed at our home resorts:
OKW 30
BCV 9
WL/BRV 10

Non Home resorts
BW 9
SSR 6
VB 6
AK 4
BLT 3
PV 1
CCV 1

Also use points for stays at
GF
Disneyland Hotel
and a II swap to Breckenridge.

I’m really surprised by the results but realize there’s an important piece missing: type of accommodation. Someone new here might think getting a BWV studio at 7 months is easy! I “assumed” SSR/OKW would come in at top as they’re always available! Huh, making me question my strategy…

Well I can help your expected Saratoga results - it's by far the non-home resort I've stayed at the most. Though my reason is fairly simple - as a Floridian who's just a 2.5hr drive away from Disney, I tend to take 4-5 trips a year up there, often with very little advanced planning - I sometimes book trips 3 months our or less - I've even booked as late as 20 days out. So that means Saratoga is often the only resort left to book.

My home resort is Boardwalk - last year was unusual in that I stayed at Boardwalk all 4 trips. This year, starting in March, I'll be at Saratoga, then Boulder Ridge, then Boardwalk...and I haven't booked December yet, but I suspect it'll be Boardwalk or Saratoga.

Overall, I've stayed at my home resort 36 times...for non-home-resort stays since joining DVC have been:

Saratoga - 46
OKW - 14
Boulder Ridge - 6
Ft Wilderness Cabins - 4
Exchange for Resort hotel - 3
Beach - 1
Poly - 1
AK Jambo - 1
BLT - 1

I've actually stayed at Saratoga more than my home resort - due to that tendency for last-minute booking.

Reactions: ehh
BLT owner but new to the game. We have only stayed at BLT once and BWV once. Voted BWV but we will be splurging and staying in a 2BR at CCV on our next trip. That will be our biggest point stay <period> when we do.

My parents bought at BWV, but we stayed at OKW growing up, OKW is my number one stayed at resort then Saratoga. WIth BWV number 3 now. Still prefer OKW and Saratoga over my home resort of Copper Creek as well.

My parents bought at BWV, but we stayed at OKW growing up, OKW is my number one stayed at resort then Saratoga. WIth BWV number 3 now. Still prefer OKW and Saratoga over my home resort of Copper Creek as well.
SSR is our home resort and we are having a hard time convincing ourselves to stay for another trip (the trip was only 2 days but we enjoyed it). We makes it rank so high on your list? AKV - Kidani is our current favorite.

SSR is our home resort and we are having a hard time convincing ourselves to stay for another trip (the trip was only 2 days but we enjoyed it). We makes it rank so high on your list? AKV - Kidani is our current favorite.
Ive always loved SSR because of the pools and the atmosphere of the resort, as well as being walking distance and the boats to Disney Springs. The most recent refrurb made me love it even more. I like to spend a lot of time at DIsney Springs so being close by is a big plus.

Well I can help your expected Saratoga results - it's by far the non-home resort I've stayed at the most. Though my reason is fairly simple - as a Floridian who's just a 2.5hr drive away from Disney, I tend to take 4-5 trips a year up there, often with very little advanced planning - I sometimes book trips 3 months our or less - I've even booked as late as 20 days out. So that means Saratoga is often the only resort left to book.

My home resort is Boardwalk - last year was unusual in that I stayed at Boardwalk all 4 trips. This year, starting in March, I'll be at Saratoga, then Boulder Ridge, then Boardwalk...and I haven't booked December yet, but I suspect it'll be Boardwalk or Saratoga.

Overall, I've stayed at my home resort 36 times...for non-home-resort stays since joining DVC have been:

Saratoga - 46
OKW - 14
Boulder Ridge - 6
Ft Wilderness Cabins - 4
Exchange for Resort hotel - 3
Beach - 1
Poly - 1
AK Jambo - 1
BLT - 1

I've actually stayed at Saratoga more than my home resort - due to that tendency for last-minute booking.
We have very similar profiles so this actually is helpful to give me a sense for what my options will look like...

Ive always loved SSR because of the pools and the atmosphere of the resort, as well as being walking distance and the boats to Disney Springs. The most recent refrurb made me love it even more. I like to spend a lot of time at DIsney Springs so being close by is a big plus.
The refurb really did make a difference! Still trying to figure out the right combo of building/walking to minimize the pain of doing the loop on the bus...

Have never stayed at OKW and thinking I might try that next time. After hearing so much flak about SSR and OWK, nice to hear someone likes it more than CCV! What do you like most about OKW? Any recommendations on building?

BWV's. We loved it so much we finally added on 100 pts in 2021.

Have never stayed at OKW and thinking I might try that next time. After hearing so much flak about SSR and OWK, nice to hear someone likes it more than CCV! What do you like most about OKW? Any recommendations on building?
I just Love how quiet and home like feeling OKW is, it feels more like an actual home away from home and not just a big hotel. the 1 bedroom villa is my favorite room on property even when staying by myself, The kitchen is great to actually cook in, I love the big bathroom and I love the table on the balcony to eat breakfast or dinner at. Building wise I prefer buildings 30-33 for location near the Turtle pond bus stop and pool, and not super far to the main pool and hospitality house. I like buildings 45 and 46 for the water Views and the boats going by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter