Which of life's transitions have you struggled with?

My husband’s retirement. After having several years of “me” time all day long which I loved, I now have my husband around 24/7. Love him dearly but he is driving me nuts.
I'm in the opposite situation right now. My wife and I retired on the same day 2 1/2 years ago and we were having a great time being together. But she temporarily went back to work, three days a week in October. Those three days have been odd. The special project she is doing is important to her and should be complete by May, but even she misses being around me, LOL. And it has been a pain all of a sudden having to schedule our lunches with retired friends on just two days a week.

For us (DH and I) becoming empty nesters. We had to become a "couple" again. That was a hard thing. You'd think it would be an easy and fun transition... No kids yeah!!!! But you now have the kid focus lifestyle gone and you are now a couple again.... So we struggled, but found some common interests. We're still going strong.

The transition from when my kids thought I was cool to now....the eye rolls, eww, that's cringey, please don't say or do that outside of the house, etc, etc

At first I was kind of hurt but as time went on I realized this is a normal thing between kids and their parents, But I will admit that I use it at times to push their buttons a bit, in a nice way.

Come on, I know there are others out there that have experienced and done the same thing as me

1. Adjusting to cohabitation after marriage (we’d both happily lived on our own for many years) was hugely harder than either of us expected.
2. Going back to work and leaving my DS after eight years at home was difficult for the entire family.

College was tough. Mostly because I moved 1000 miles away from my family for the first time and had to quickly become more independent. Adjusting to the grading curve also induced some panic (like when I got a 40-something on my first math test, but it turned out to be an A).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter