Which of these 2 weeks would you suggest?

Zeph79

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! My family and I are planning a Disney trip for 2021. I know the pricing has not come out yet but we are starting to get ready for it already.

We have taken our family twice to Disney so this will be our third trip. This trip we are wanting to see the park dress up in Christmas decorations. We are planning a full week from Saturday 2 Saturday. Which week would you suggest we go?

There are two possible options. November 27 to december 4. Or december 4th to december 11.

We are very flexible so either of those weeks will work for us. We would just like to go to the one that you think would be less crowded although I would imagine the parks will always be near capacity for the anniversary year.

I would like to think that the first option would be the better choice since it is directly after Thanksgiving but I am not sure since we have never tried to go during this time of year.

What do you guys think? I'm sure they're really won't be much of a difference, but I still take the advice of others to Heart.

We have had luck with roughly your second week choice. The flight prices have been great (sweet spot between Thanksgiving and Christmas) and about the lowest crowds you are going to get in December. We love MVMCP and found the parties during this timeframe to be manageable and enjoyable.

If crowds are a concern (and let's face it, who knows what they'll be like with all that's going on now), traditionally the 4th - 11th would be lighter in crowds.

We've gone around your second option and loved it.

For me, it's easier to get into the Christmas spirit in December. I'm not really there yet in November.

There are two possible options. November 27 to december 4. Or december 4th to december 11.

I'll add another vote for the 4th - 11th. DW and I made many trips over the years during that time.

The earlier dates would be holiday busy for the first few days.

Agree with all other posters - during a 'normal' season, the second week would be better. Hopefully, by Thanksgiving 2021, things will be back to being more normal than this year will likely be.

I don't have an opinion on daters because I experienced Christmastime at WDW for the first time just in December 2019. Everything is gorgeous!! One thing I've heard lots of people recommend is going to a few different resorts to check out the Christmas trees. We went to Grand Floridian and, of course!, checked out the gingerbread house and picked up some snacks. But then we headed to Wilderness Lodge and ended up catching a hand bell choir(?)/group which was an unexpected but super cool surprise.

The first couple of weeks in December are low times. I would avoid any time around Thanksgiving. Have a fun trip.

I agree with the others - do the 2nd week. Even with the current circumstances, I think Thanksgiving will still be more crowded.

Christmas Christmas Christmas.... We spend Christmas there every year... Does not get much better then that. The parks are normally at capacity early so you have to be on the move early. Or we have just in the past got up had breakfest and just enjoyed the pool.... Home its normally -36c and 4ft of snow. We love wakeing up to a green Christmas

Second week. We always arrive the Saturday after thanksgiving and stay 2 weeks and the crowds get lower the second half of our trip, which is roughly your second week choice

All our trips bar one, always two or three weeks, have been made in a window roughly between mid-November and mid-December, and it‘s certainly been our experience that the crowds are lower outside of the Thanksgiving holiday week, which can be a real bear-pit. (We also have a trip planned for December 2021 - please don’t go snapping up all our favourite ADRs... 😊 )

We went December 4-8 last year and it wasn't too bad. DHS was busy- but it was also the opening of ROTR. We loved it. The weather was so nice compared to our annual labor day trip. But monitor Pop Warner! Most teams are still playing the first week of December so we didn't notice anything... but I have heard that as the games go on and teams are eliminated, you definitely notice the influx of teenagers and higher crowds.

Yes, go with the second week. It's wonderful to enjoy the Christmas decorations before the crowds arrive.

If you decided Dec 4-11 book early Rooms sell out fast because every year there is a national cheering leading competition as well as the Pop Warner football game. Both take place at Disney and room book up fast. You will want to book 11 months before arrival date for that week.

I personally would not book during the POP Warner, football and cheering leading competitions...We are locals and AP holders... for us just a big no no...

If you want to PM me I will explain in depth why...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter