Which one is milder? Rocking Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest

Wow! Thanks for the many responses. Just when I think I have made my decision after reading a couple of responses, the next response changes my mind!! I will not go on either and I used to love coasters. I am thinking EE for DD16 since she doesn't have issues with motion sickness. I can't even go on the mad tea party anymore! I will not pushit though. I enjoyed reading all the responses. Thanks!

I enjoy all three rides, but if you don’t like Space- I don’t think you’d like either of the choices you posed. Others have compared them pretty well. RnR is fun and fast, and over pretty quickly. Everest is outside, and doesn’t have the twists and tuns, but the backward part may pose an issue.

There are some remedies for the queasy stomach that you get on some of these rides. They sell wrist bands that work on your pressure points, and anti- nausea drops you put behind your ear. I had to use these when I was younger and had issues with my middle ear- and didn’t want to take medicine that would make me sleepy.

Both rides are two-seaters, so your DH only has to convince one of you to ride! JK

Perhaps skip both RnR and EE and have her try riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in MK if you plan to spend time in the Magic Kingdom.

I thought I was going to have a stoke before I could get off of Expedition Everest. I will NEVER do that again or anything like it. It ruined the rest of my day. I had to leave the park and go back to the hotel to recover from nausea.

Why put yourself or others through something you (or they) will not enjoy? Each person knows what their body can tolerate and what it can not and it's different for different people.

Yeah, the above is also true. Both rides have single rider lines, so if your husband wants to go on them, that might be the way to go!

EE is milder but has bigger drops. My daughter was 8 last trip and refused to go on EE because she could see how big it looked. We got her on RNRC but we may have fibbed a bit about the fact that it goes upside down. I think given the choice, though, she'd do RNRC again instead of braving EE, but she hates the hills/drops...doesn't mind the speed as much.

I think it depends what she finds intense. I find the climb UP the hill on EE to be scarier than anything else on either ride! I’m usually in the same boat as your DH because I love roller coasters and am usually riding alone but, it’s nice to be able to do the single rider line when available, and if not, my DH often waits in the line to keep me company and enjoy any pre-show before ducking out just before boarding.

To me they are both fairly mild in terms of coasters. I dont think there is one that is really more intense than the other, they are just very different rides. RnR is "intense" for the first few seconds, then tapers off. Whereas I feel Everest has longer portions of intensity.

There is no answer to this - they're both intense in different ways. What did she go on at Great Adventure? If she can handle any of the big coasters there, she should be fine on either of these. But they both definitely have intense parts to them.

I agree with others that RRC is more intense. Keep in mind though, that since it's in the dark, you really can't see you're going upside down. It was my son's first big coaster and since then he loves them. Everest is different with the backwards aspect and can cause a little motion issues. I'd say go with RRC

Wow! Thanks for the many responses. Just when I think I have made my decision after reading a couple of responses, the next response changes my mind!! I will not go on either and I used to love coasters. I am thinking EE for DD16 since she doesn't have issues with motion sickness. I can't even go on the mad tea party anymore! I will not pushit though. I enjoyed reading all the responses. Thanks!
I can’t handle the Teacups anymore either, just slow spinning makes me nauseous. However, I LOVE EE. It is one of my favorite rides. RnR is much rougher to me. I end up with a headache from banging my head on the restraints. It’s fun, but not a favorite of mine. It does one full loop and two full corkscrews, so you get tossed around a fair bit.

My daughter does like BTMR. She has gone on the tamer ones at Great Adventure. I know she has been on Super Man there. She does with a friend or on school trips. If I tell her that the big climv at EE does not drop, she might be ok knowing that. I think I read that. Thanks again for your help. I will check out the mtion sickness wrist bands as well.

My daughter does like BTMR. She has gone on the tamer ones at Great Adventure. I know she has been on Super Man there. She does with a friend or on school trips. If I tell her that the big climv at EE does not drop, she might be ok knowing that. I think I read that. Thanks again for your help. I will check out the mtion sickness wrist bands as well.
Yep, there is no drop after the big uphill, maybe a tiny dip. The big drop that you can see come out the side of the mountain comes after the train has been stopped for a few seconds, so that may help too.

It really depends on what you consider more intense. I enjoy both.
Personally, I would put RnRC as more intense. Rapid launch, loops and corkscrews. Also, not as smooth as it originally was.
Everest has a traditional chain lift. It has a backward section and then a higher speed drop, but it is curved rather than a straight drop.

Well now I'm curious about EE. I hate drops but loved RnRC because it doesn't have any! I obsessively googled before boarding to make sure because I can handle everything else, and honestly you're going so fast and it's so dark during the first upside-down loop that you can't even tell you're inverted. Just my 2 cents on #TeamNoDrops.

Reactions: TJA
There is no answer to this - they're both intense in different ways. What did she go on at Great Adventure? If she can handle any of the big coasters there, she should be fine on either of these. But they both definitely have intense parts to them.
At Great Adventure, she has been on Harley Quinn's crazy train, Batman, the outdoor ride and Superman.

I think EE is way more than intense than RNRC (and therefore I love it more). They both are in the dark at some point, but since EE goes backwards in the dark it wins the more intense vote from me. RNRC is in the dark and goes upside down a few times, but it's just tamer somehow in my mind. I would suggest riding towards the front of RNRC, because the back gets shaky (like most coasters) and I hate when my head bounces back and forth between the ride restraint.

RnR is more intense, EE is more unique.

I wouldn't suggest heavily persuading someone to go on one or the other. I'd talk it over, and describe it, maybe youtube it and then let them decide. Everyone tackles rollercoasters at their own pace, esp. kids/teens. The inversion and the takeoff are the most intense things for RnR. Going backwards is what makes EE unique, and also seems to be what bothers some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter