Which one Residence Inn or Springhill Suites (both by Marriot and at S.W.)?

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
I originally booked Springhill since it was cheaper and it's on I-Drive.

Now they are both the same price. I should be able to cancel and rebook either at the better rate.

Which one would you pick and why?

We will probably be going to SW for 3 days and Aquatica for 2 days.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Seaworld and really liked it. It was clean, we had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and a view of the Orlando Eye. The pool was nice and there are walking paths. It was really quiet too.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Seaworld and really liked it. It was clean, we had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and a view of the Orlando Eye. The pool was nice and there are walking paths. It was really quiet too.
I found out that Residence Inn has designated smoking areas. Do you recall how many and where they are? That might keep me with Springhill as I'm allergic to smoke and Springhill is a smoke-free property.

We were with our daughter who has asthma and I don't remember running across any smoking areas.

Well that's out now. I got a hold of my TA and when she booked Expedia had a non-refundable rate that she booked with since it was cheaper. So no savings on the hotel or the option to switch. Finding out booking early for Universal isn't so great. I could have saved over $400 CAN so far (just on the two hotels).

I think you'll be fine. The only difference I saw was I think Residence rooms were a little bigger, the pool area was significantly bigger, but both fit our family of 4, and we always need 3 beds. This year, since the Springhill is cheaper, we'll be staying there. My teen kids are not happy, the like the pool at the Residence better, but I told them, they can run down to Aquadica to get their pool action in. Both hotels are very close to the Busch parks, less than a 5 minute drive. And, Springhill is newer looking than Residence.

Nothing is cheap nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter