Which one would you choose and why?

Those three restaurants are fine but nothing special in my opinion. I'd go to the Tambu Lounge and order some of the options from the Ohana menu. We've had the Noodles, Potstickers, Wings and Bread Pudding in the past and just noticed this last trip they were also offering ribs. Hard to beat sipping on a Backscratcher or Lapu Lapu looking out over the castle.

Those three restaurants are fine but nothing special in my opinion. I'd go to the Tambu Lounge and order some of the options from the Ohana menu. We've had the Noodles, Potstickers, Wings and Bread Pudding in the past and just noticed this last trip they were also offering ribs. Hard to beat sipping on a Backscratcher or Lapu Lapu looking out over the castle.
I have always wanted to go to the Tambu lounge. Is it first come first serve as far as getting a spot at the bar/lounge, no reservations, right? Thanks.

Yup first come first serve. You can order a drink and wait for a bar seat or table to become available. Most people sitting in Tambu are waiting to be called to their tables at Ohana so seats open up all the time. Enjoy!!

Hi Everyone, I am looking for opinions on which monorail resort restaurant you would choose on your MK Day. I am thinking of spending a whole day/night at MK in December, but want to take a break for dinner at one of these restaurants, Grand Floridian Cafe (been to several years ago for dinner and liked it), Kona Cafe (never been to dinner there, just breakfast), or Steakhouse 71 (never been to at all and am leaning toward trying it). It is just my husband and me for dinner. I am interested to see what you would choose out of these or would you pick a restaurant in MK for dinner or another at a monorail resort? I am open to all suggestions, as I will need to make my reservations in 3 weeks. Thanks so much!!:)
You’re definitely on the right path by leaving MK for dinner. The choices in MK are by far the worst of all the parks. I’ve done SH71 and GF Cafe. 71 though takes the crown.

GF Cafe is a must for all our trips. It is where I proposed so it is special to us and my Wife loves the Victorian theme.

All 3 have pluses and minuses. I'd probably lean towards SH71 - we've had some really nice experiences there, plus walking from MK to CR and back is really nice! We prefer Kona for breakfast, but wouldn't hesitate dinner. GFC also good, but again, we prefer breakfast there.

Personally I would choose Steakhouse 71. The food is great (have done both Breakfast and Dinner there). The service has always been great, and the Chocolate Cake is fantastic. We make a trip to the restaurant or the lounge every time we at the World just to have the Chocolate Cake.

Another vote for Steakhouse 71. Been 3 times now and it has been amazing all 3 times. Especially love the creamed spinach. Best I have ever had (better than the Ruth Chris version and that says a lot).

I have been to the other 2 as well. GF Cafe is ok, but never totally happy when I leave there --- I want 1900 park fair back. And we used to love Kona Cafe and then several years ago they changed the menu and it just no longer appeals to us. I did try the new menu, but it just was not as good.

Personally I would choose Steakhouse 71. The food is great (have done both Breakfast and Dinner there). The service has always been great, and the Chocolate Cake is fantastic. We make a trip to the restaurant or the lounge every time we at the World just to have the Chocolate Cake.
Thank you, I think we are going to try Steakhouse 71 in December. Glad to hear you really like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter