• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which order for split stay?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Poly last June and loved it---I've stayed at AKL as well and think my dh would love it there as well (also joining will be ds 19 and maybe dd 22--we'd have 1-2 rooms depending). We love to start our trip with MK but also love to say good bye there as well so I've gone round and round with debating how to book this trip. Curious, which would you do? Start at Poly for 5 nights then AKL (Jambo House, Savanna) for 2 nights, or the opposite? This just shouldn't be this hard lol

Thank you! I like that idea and then get back on the merry go round of 'but maybe AKL is better for the wind down chill out time' followed by 'but who wants to chill out? Go hard!! lol". I appreciate the feedback!!

Thank you! I like that idea and then get back on the merry go round of 'but maybe AKL is better for the wind down chill out time' followed by 'but who wants to chill out? Go hard!! lol". I appreciate the feedback!!
I’d start at AKL for 2 days then Poly 5. Personal preference, but we always end a split at a MK resort. You definitely have to do what’s best for you, though! Enjoy!

You're staying at our 2 faves, and this was my family's conundrum too! In the end though, we have begun a tradition of AK 1st then the Poly to end... something special about ending at a MK resort, and having a last park day be somewhere we don't need a bus or an Uber seems to influence us too... grabbing a Dole whip and some Tonga toast... (man you've inspired me, we need to book the next stay already!)

Maybe a little devil's advocate here because I don't think you can go wrong either way. But did AKL for 3 and Boardwalk for 7 over the summer and after it was over, I kinda wished we'd done it in reverse. The AKL portion was so much more relaxed and resort focused. I also just liked the rooms better (which may not be an issue with Poly). It was great regardless but I think if you plan on being on the go a lot during the Poly time, it's better to front end that when your energy is at its peak.

That's a little tough-part of me would suggest AKL second, because it's such a relaxing resort, with so much to do right there, you may be ready for some "down time" after running around and seeing everything from the Poly (as a matter of fact, that's why my next trip is a split stay, with BCV first, then AKL second). However, I always recommend doing your known, most favorite, resort second-that way if someone in your party doesn't like AKL, they have the one they know they love, in your case Poly, to look forward to. And if you're doing a 5/2 split, I'd suggest the 2 part first. So I didn't make a suggestion, sorry, but I hope I gave you things to consider.

We split AKV and Poly last Dec. Ended with Poly. If you’re starting at MK, I’d do Poly first. Then you’ll have a nice relaxing finish at AKV. A lot of complaints for AKV is it’s so far away. That’s just another reason I love it. Away from all the hustle and bustle.

I would do AKL first, you can still go to MK on your arrival especially if you’re getting there somewhat early and room isn’t ready. Then move over to Poly. If you’re paying for Savannah view , all some time for relaxing on the balcony especially in the morning. No point of paying for that view and going rope drop to close at the parks.

I have two thoughts:
1. I would do the short resort stay first, because of unpacking, repacking, and unpacking again. The longer i am at Disney, the less interested i am in doing this.
2. I would also think about how I wanted my very last day/night to end and that would help me choose my resort.

we always start and finish with MK too. I would do AKL first and POLY second.

We've done trips like this over the years, and we would do the busier/more hectic stay first, more relaxing last. So we'd stay Poly first, knowing the family is excited to arrive and energy is high for the parks. Then finish at the more relaxing AKL, where we'd enjoy some of the resort dining options - some of the best on property.

BUT - you're at 2 of the most amazing resorts at Disney. You don't have a bad choice!

We've done trips like this over the years, and we would do the busier/more hectic stay first, more relaxing last. So we'd stay Poly first, knowing the family is excited to arrive and energy is high for the parks. Then finish at the more relaxing AKL, where we'd enjoy some of the resort dining options - some of the best on property.
I agree with AKL-relaxation, and AKL also equals lots of good food. And remember, you can get a mobile order from Sanaa and take it to your room where you can sit on your balcony and eat while watching the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter