Which park first on a park-to-park pass?

221Newman

Earning My Ears
We are going to Florida the week after Thanksgiving. We plan on spending one day (park-to-park pass) at Universal/Island of Adventures. We have been to the parks before, and are mostly interested in the Harry Potter rides, shops, restaurants. We will not do any roller coasters. We will try and squeeze in MEN in BLACK, Simpsons, E.T., Despicable Me and Shrek. Our first priority though is Harry Potter, etc. My question is, which park would you suggest to go to first? Also, how do you recommend tackling the areas we are interested in.

Travel as Harry would- start in Universal and hit Diagon Alley. Get to the parking garage/ drop off area about an hour before opening so you can maximize your day (and minimize crowds as sleepy heads take their time ;)).
Orlando Informer has sample itineraries.

Hi I agree with PP. We always start in DA. It's a great way to wake up! We usually take the HE over to IOA right after and do Hogsmeade in the morning before it gets busy. Once we are done with that we either go back via HE (it is different both ways) or stay in IOA and do other stuff. Have fun!

Rope drop Despicable Me. Go to Diagon Alley. Ride HE over to Hogsmeade. Ride HE back and follow the circle of MIB, Simpsons, ET. That should be a full day. Have fun!!

Rope drop Despicable Me. Go to Diagon Alley. Ride HE over to Hogsmeade. Ride HE back and follow the circle of MIB, Simpsons, ET. That should be a full day. Have fun!!

This.
First check opening hours. When we just visited US opened an hour earlier than IOA. Despicable Me had a 10 min wait time (probably less in reality) and we didn't jump on it. Instead went to Olivander's and waited 30 min in line. When we walked out of Olivander's there was no line.
I'd do DM, Diagon Alley - ride Forbidden Journey first, then get a wand (if you wish), then do a few spells in DA before grabbing the train. Visit Hogwarts first, do some spells in Hogsmeade, take the train back over to DA for lunch at Leaky Cauldron. Then do the other rides and walk back to the entrance of US. If you aren't exhausted and have time you can walk back through IOA from the entrance and see Hogwarts again. The walk is kind of fun - through Gotham, Cartoon Land, Jurassic Park - even if you don't ride anything.

Given that everything you mention is in Universal STudios side, aside fromt he HP Hogsmeade section, I'd start over in UO so you can cover everything you want. I'd try to get there a little before opening and be there for rope drop and hit up Despicabel ME first as teh lines can build up for it quick. Then I'd hit up the Diagon Alley section to hit Gringott's adn check out the shops and things before the crowds buil up too much there. From here I'd take the train over to Hogsmeade get stuff done there then ride back and finish up US. If there i any oher stuff you want to do at IoA and have time you can ride back over there and hit them up.

So perhaps I could add my similar question here. Flying with my mother (60years then but very fit) to her first and only Orlando-trip, mainly for Disney but wanted to add one day at Universal with Park to Park, propably 3/8... Her must-dos would be Gringotts, FJ, HE (both ways), King Kong, JP, Shrek, Mummy, ET, Poseidon, if open Fast&Furios, perhaps Spiderman and MiB. And if possoble DR for me only at Hulk and RipRock.
So I'm quite unsure, where to start. First, I think of starting with IoA (because of King Kong-waits), do there everything expect of Poseidon, and heading to US afterwards, but as Kings Cross seems to get very busy at afternoon, I'm thinking that the other way round would be better.
Also my mum is fit, I just want to minimize walking time as well as waiting time. In general she is more likely being 3-4 hours on her bike than the whole day on her feet.

Any suggestions?

So perhaps I could add my similar question here. Flying with my mother (60years then but very fit) to her first and only Orlando-trip, mainly for Disney but wanted to add one day at Universal with Park to Park, propably 3/8... Her must-dos would be Gringotts, FJ, HE (both ways), King Kong, JP, Shrek, Mummy, ET, Poseidon, if open Fast&Furios, perhaps Spiderman and MiB. And if possoble DR for me only at Hulk and RipRock.
So I'm quite unsure, where to start. First, I think of starting with IoA (because of King Kong-waits), do there everything expect of Poseidon, and heading to US afterwards, but as Kings Cross seems to get very busy at afternoon, I'm thinking that the other way round would be better.
Also my mum is fit, I just want to minimize walking time as well as waiting time. In general she is more likely being 3-4 hours on her bike than the whole day on her feet.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think Reign of Kong will have a super long wait compared to the Potter attractions. If you've seen estimated wait times, they're probably skewed by the ride times being quite long last year when the ride was close to brand new. Do the Potter stuff first.

Doing Hulk and Rip Rock on your own should be easy with the single rider line. The wait for single rider should be less than a third of the posted standby wait time.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think Reign of Kong will have a super long wait compared to the Potter attractions. If you've seen estimated wait times, they're probably skewed by the ride times being quite long last year when the ride was close to brand new. Do the Potter stuff first.

Doing Hulk and Rip Rock on your own should be easy with the single rider line. The wait for single rider should be less than a third of the posted standby wait time.
Last time I was there was about 1 weekbefore Christmas and at this time Kong was longest wait. So if this changed, what do you suggest? Gringotts, HE, FJ, parts of IoA, HE back, Rest of US...???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter