• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park should we do two days?

ashleyr409

DIS Veteran
We plan on doing 4 days and I am trying to decide which park we will need an extra day. We will have express pass for two days, we are staying at Royal
This would be the first time for everyone in my family. Me, DH, DS(20), DD(17), DS(11). We are early morning risers, HP is not a must for us.
We are not a thrill ride family. We tend to enjoy more simulations. My kids would enjoy a moderate thrill ride or two.
None for me or husband.

I am hoping to do, park, park, waterpark, park.

Any suggestion would appreciated.

TIA!

I would do park-to-park, since the water park is not a full day for me. If you are set on one park per day, I would just pick after your first 2 days. No reservations mean you can decide on the fly.

I totally forgot about no reservation. Thank you.
I need to look into park-to park.

We bought park to park tickets and rode the train or just walked between parks several times a day. The express passes really made it easy to ride everything multiple times.

I briefly read about park to park and I was intimidated.

Last edited:
I would do park-to-park, since the water park is not a full day for me. If you are set on one park per day, I would just pick after your first 2 days. No reservations mean you can decide on the fly.

With park to park should I lose a day and just do 3 park days with volcano bay being half a day?

With park to park should I lose a day and just do 3 park days with volcano bay being half a day?
That is up to you, but we did four park days for our last trip and are doing four park days for our next trip in January. We enjoy sleeping in.

eta:

Walking between the two the parks or taking the train is very easy.

If the cost intimdated you, I completely understand. Everyone's budget is different and within that, how people decide to allocate the vacation budget is diffferent (park tickets, room, souvenirs, food, and what not).

If time or logistics is the issue, park hopping is incredibly easy. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from one park to the other (Universal Studios to Islands of Adventure). You go through security at City Walk, so once you have gone through security, you will not have to go through it again if you decide to enter a different park.

If the cost intimdated you, I completely understand. Everyone's budget is different and within that, how people decide to allocate the vacation budget is diffferent (park tickets, room, souvenirs, food, and what not).

If time or logistics is the issue, park hopping is incredibly easy. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from one park to the other (Universal Studios to Islands of Adventure). You go through security at City Walk, so once you have gone through security, you will not have to go through it again if you decide to enter a different park.

Park to Park automatically made me think of Park Hopper at Disney and I was like, I don't want to try that again.
10-15 minute walk is very doable.
Money wise it does cost a few hundred more, but it definitely worth it now that I have looked more into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter