Which Park Takes Longer To Tour With A 5 Year Old?

DebK.

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We will be staying at the HRH for a few nights in November, and I was wondering if it takes longer to tour Universal or IOA with a pretty brave 5 year old who should be 44 inches or so. When we were at Disney, he had no problem with Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Test Track, etc. Thanks for the advice!

we have a brave 48" 5 year old!
Based on our experience 2 years ago at both parks, USO took much longer.
This is because there are more attractions brave half-pints can experience at USO,
and because the Curious George play area is totally awesome, and sucks them in,
and because the line for the !@#$% Fievels waterslide is so long

AT IOA there are fewer attractions they can do---the big time eater is the lines,which won't affect you if FOTL is still in effect.. If it's not, my best advice is to get there the second the gates open and run like crazy for spiderman. The red fish/blue fish line takes forever. the play area in dr seuss land is cute but not so awesome as Curious George.

My 45 inch four-year old likes the Jurassic Park playground the best of all the playgrounds! He also LOVES the Unicorn ride, the Jurassic Park ride, Seuss, the Sinbad show. He will also get to go on Popeye's bilge rats because they have now lowered the height requirement! Yahoo!

Katherine

We took our grandsons, 6 and 7 yrs. old, last October. If your child enjoys gameboy, etc. and all things hi-tech, I absolutely believe IOA will take longer. If your child is strictly the Winnie the Pooh type then it could be a toss up between either park.

Another insight is that IOA has water rides that most kids that age just love. As an adult, I like IOA better; so, I think that makes me want to be there longer, too. Both parks are worthwhile. HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter