Which park to do Twice??

MK hands down! Plain and simple. No other questions need to be asked. That's it! Period! :thumbsup2
Heck, sometimes we visit it a couple of times a day, LOL gotta be there for rope drop, any one feel like Casey's for lunch, I want a piece of fudge :rotfl:

I say either MK or HS...my kids just LOVE toy story mania...we always hit up HS at least 2 different days during our trips! Also, I don't agree with a pp who said to get a park hopper ticket, to me it's a waste of $ for your first trip...heck, we're heading there for our 4th trip in Sept and still don't get the park hopper!

Depends on your kids. We missed the Lights, Action! show at the Studios, but, despite that, my kids chose to use our extra half day at Epcot. We'd already spent a day and a half there, but they wanted more Innoventions!

Your kids seem to be younger, so I'd guess they'd prefer more Magic Kingdom. Wait and see...let them choose. I planned the first full day in each park before we left but left a day and a half for us to choose after we were already there. I was glad I did...I would have never guessed that they would choose another day at Epcot!

I agree to wait it out...

Maybe the day you go to MK will be a slower day and they will get most of what you want done but the day you go to AK it pours and you end up leaving early and not seeing as much. Then you might choose AK for the last day.

I would just plan to do dinner or breakfast at a resort that day so you don't have to know the park for ADRs (if this was an issue for you to begin with) that way you can just be flexible.

As for park hoppers I found I didn't need it on my first trip although I wouldn't go without them now, this is mostly for dining though since we tend to hit Epcot for dinner several times during our trip.

Thanks everyone. And yes, since we will have 6 park tickets and only 5 days to play, I would use the 6th ticket in addition to another ticket on the same day. (Sorry if I confused anyone.)

Example: Total of 6 Tickets (for one person of course)
Mon: MK= 1 tix
Tues: AK= 1 tix
Wed: HS = 1 tix
Thurs: Epcot = 1 tix; HS = 1 tix
Fri: MK = 1 tix

So as long as I use a whole new ticket then I can get into a second park in the same day. Correct?

You can't do that.

I would wait until the last day and then decide what park to go to based on what things you didn't get to do or what you would like to go to again.

We usually do more than 1 MK day.

Definately EPCOT!!!!!
This is my childrens favorite park, they are 11 and 8.
Have a great time!

No, you can not use your ticket that way. If you had a separate 1 day ticket you could, but since it is one 6 day ticket you can't use it for 2 parks on one day.

My vote would be the park your kids like the best! I love the MK - it is always my first choice, but your boys may like another park better.

I agree! Just leave that last day option open, also consider that Epcot is a very big park & it is hard to do & see everything in just one day, specially with kiddos. Have fun :wizard:

Thanks everyone. I really like the idea to leave the last day open for the kids to decide. Since this is suprise trip my husband and I (well, mostly me) are doing all the planning so I think it would be fun to just let them decide and "plan" that day.

The last day ended up being a bonus day for us so might as well make it extra special and just let the kids make the decsions for once :lmao:

(of course within reason :laughing:)

OK, just to clarify, you can't use your 6 day MYW ticket for more than 1 park in 1 day (unless you have park hoppers). You cannot go to DHS and EPCOT on the same day like you had written. Your 6 day ticket comes on a credit card type card-you don't get 6 individual tickets to use whenever you want. They know if you've been at a different park earlier in the day. Each day is only valid for admission at one park.

P.S. MK is the best park!

Hi!
Our kids dd10, ds8, dd1 loved EPCOT & MK, but we spent more time at MK, due to more rides instead of things to look at. :)
Take a look at a good guidebook and see if you're likely to want to walk and look or ride more :)

OK, just to clarify, you can't use your 6 day MYW ticket for more than 1 park in 1 day (unless you have park hoppers). You cannot go to DHS and EPCOT on the same day like you had written. Your 6 day ticket comes on a credit card type card-you don't get 6 individual tickets to use whenever you want. They know if you've been at a different park earlier in the day. Each day is only valid for admission at one park.

P.S. MK is the best park!

Thanks...I was hoping we could but just not worth us to pay for the park hopper since this is our first trip and we are going to try to hit as much as possible in each park. The only one I was concerned about was Epcot...my DH is insistant that the kids will not like it and it is boring..but that is from his experience 21 yrs ago :rotfl2:

Since we are driving I think I might just try to arrive a bit earlier and just hit one of the parks for fun that evening as a "Welcome to Disney" and relax for a full week at the parks.

I say either MK or HS...my kids just LOVE toy story mania..
This only works if you can get to HS before it opens, otherwise TSM just wasn't worth the wait for us (we went for the 1st time and totally skipped TSM because the lines were just crazy, like over an hour, and there was plenty more to see there that we had no plans to stand in line :)).
We *had* the park hoppers and used them on hard-ticket party days so we could go to another park while the party was going on. We also used them to go to a meal in one park and tour another when we wanted to (ie eat at EPCOT and tour DHS).

I had a 7 day pass and did EPCOT, HS and AK twice each. I left MK to the end and only did one day because I had a ticket to MVMCP and looked at it as almost a second trip....except the day I did MK it poured down rain (only day of the 2 week trip!) I got on rides quiker but was soaked and freezed and didn't really see everything and the MVMCP was beyond freezing that night I only stayed for the fireworks, shows and parade and left for my warm hotel!
I think MK really needs 2 days to see and do most of it and EPCOT also needs 2 days, amazing how quickly the time just flies by in a day!

Thanks...I was hoping we could but just not worth us to pay for the park hopper since this is our first trip and we are going to try to hit as much as possible in each park. The only one I was concerned about was Epcot...my DH is insistant that the kids will not like it and it is boring..but that is from his experience 21 yrs ago :rotfl2:

Since we are driving I think I might just try to arrive a bit earlier and just hit one of the parks for fun that evening as a "Welcome to Disney" and relax for a full week at the parks.

You definitely should! :thumbsup2

When we arrive on Disney property, my kids can hardly wait to get to a park. There is something fabulous about getting to the hotel, dropping your stuff and heading to a park. It just feels great. On our last trip, we arrived at the hotel a few minutes after 3:00 and were on a bus to MK within an hour (that includes unloading the car). It gives them just a little taste of the magic to come. Seeing the Castle lit up at night and watching Wishes, or going to Epcot and seeing Illuminations are my favorite first-night things to do.

Have a great time!

It is REALLY hard to do MK in one day, and even then, your kids may want to go back. Our first trip we did 3 days MK and 2 days EP. We still missed several rides and attractions in MK. Our second trip we did 5 days MK, 3 days DHS and 2 days EP. By doing so many days at MK, we did more "boring" rides that we didn't do before. For example, we found out that DD4 REALLY likes Carousel of Progress, because we actually took the time to ride it this time. Plus, what if the fireworks get rained out the night you are there? I would vote MK!

As for us, I've vowed to make it to AK this time, but am having trouble fitting it in. We really need a minimum 3 MK, 2 HS and 2 EP. I guess we can do 1/2 day AK on check-out day before we head to the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter