• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park to visit on Memorial Day!

nancyot4kids

Earning My Ears
We're arriving Sunday night and my plan has been to visit SeaWorld on Memorial day, knowing that it will be crowded because it's a holiday, but thinking we could focus on shows and then return another day for rides, etc. We'll be there through Sunday and will do DC on Friday. We plan to do 2 days each for SW, Aquatica, BG. I'm wondering if it might be better to do Aquatica on Monday instead. Any thoughts??? Also, what do you think our chances of getting quick que passes from desk at Residence Inn-SW (that's where we're staying) for SW on Memorial Day? Getting excited as we've been to Orlando a few times for WDW, but never for DC, SW, BG. Any other info on what to expect on Memorial Day is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Memorial Day itself won't be to bad. It's memorial day weekend (Saturday and Sunday) that tends to be a bit more crowded. On top of that, Seaworld's Brand new ride "Antarctica Empire of the Penguin" opens the Firday before memorial day so you'll be one of the first to ride the new ride. Whatever you choose to do, I would suggest doing the days of each park back to back. For example, I would do Seaworld Wednesday, Thursday, and Aquatica Monday, Tuesday. About Busch Gardens, have you considered staying at a hotel in the Tampa area for your BG visit? Busch Gardens can be an hour to and hour and a half drive from the Orlando area depending on traffic. So if you plan for 2 days a BG, then you are adding a ton of travel time onto your schedule driving back and forth from Orlando to Tampa. If you stay at a hotel overnight between your 2 Busch gardens visits, you will dramatically cut travel time so you're not driving back and forth.

Thank you KBF! Yes, we plan to stay overnight near Tampa when visiting BG, as my brother lives there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter