Which part of your home do you take the most pride in?

Living room. It's very 1971.

Custom aqua dupioni silk drapes in the bay window. Orange, gold and aqua throw pillows and blankets. Beige sofa and chair. Orange, olive and aqua club chairs. DH's parents (1950s) cocktail table and end tables with Italian glass inlaid tiles in aqua, olive, turquoise, gold and orange. DH's grandmother's (1960s) credenza. DH's mother's Blenko glass (1970s) collection in a rainbow of colors.

And most importantly, two original Contemporary Resort silkscreened prints from the guest rooms Lots of aqua, turquoise, olive, orange and other vibrant colors. Mary Blair designs on masonite with their original olive and turquoise frames.

Inside the house it's a toss up between my living and dining rooms. I have several themed gardens but the fairy garden is my favorite.

All the work we've put into this house and continue to do so. We've gutted 3 bathrooms upstairs and painted the 4 bedrooms joined to them. New carpet on 3rd floor. Remodeled powder room on our own when we were on lock down (paint, new vanity, lights, toilet, etc.) New furniture (2 bedrooms, living room and family room, large farm table in kitchen), 2 new driveways and walkway (talk about cha-ching! Yikes!) Had to be done though. New furnace, 2 new AC units, new pool equipment (changed to salt water) and husband updated and fixed all the landscaping around the house. Gearing up for last gut job of a bathroom/bedroom then some updates and paint to kitchen. Would like to paint exterior of house and get new outdoor sconces and would like to tear down pool house and put in something different and new stone around pool. At some point, a new roof and need 1 more furnace and AC unit. So, lots done, still more to do but proud of what we've accomplished.

My front yard. My boys redid all the landscaping a couple of years ago and it looks really nice. Add the flowers and fresh mulch, it looks nice.

Our double front doors. They are alder and have a very light stain. Everyone who comes to the house comments on how nice they look. Much nicer than the dark pressed sawdust doors the building put on the house in 1979.

Our bookshelves. They're done to Dewey.
My DH wanted me to catalog our books since I'm a librarian who used to do that. I told him that I'd only do that if I was allowed to put Library of Congress call numbers on the spines. He changed his mind.

I love our home but I'm most proud of my library. Our formal living room has built-in bookshelves so I made it my library. My DH stores his in his home office. The room has a fireplace, a beautiful brass and glass coffee table I inherited from my parents, a sofa, and two oversized chairs that are perfect for curling up to read. There are also floor-to-ceiling windows that look out to the backyard. Hanging in one of the windows is a stained glass window our best man made for us for his wedding present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter