Which Renovation is Worse?

scottmik2

Earning My Ears
My wife, 1YR old and myself are going at the end of September. We are booked at Caribbean Beach but all of the renovation talk has me nervous. I know Coronado Springs has its construction but the price on either is in our wheel house. We have stayed at POR and loved it. Mostly because the main building is walkable and they have a food court and lounge/Bar (always need a yuengling after a day in the parks.)

So my question is, which construction is causing the most discomfort/inconvenience?

My wife, 1YR old and myself are going at the end of September. We are booked at Caribbean Beach but all of the renovation talk has me nervous. I know Coronado Springs has its construction but the price on either is in our wheel house. We have stayed at POR and loved it. Mostly because the main building is walkable and they have a food court and lounge/Bar (always need a yuengling after a day in the parks.)

So my question is, which construction is causing the most discomfort/inconvenience?

No resort amenities are closed due to construction at CSR. At CBR the food court, table service restaurant, gift shop and arcade are all gone. So the construction at CBR is definitely worse.

No resort amenities are closed due to construction at CSR. At CBR the food court, table service restaurant, gift shop and arcade are all gone. So the construction at CBR is definitely worse.

And may I add that while both have towers going up in their view, CBR also has all the gondola construction. That is a huge chunk off cleared land for the main hub plus the smaller hub and towers ........... :sad1:

I booked Boardwalk during Renovations...had zero problems....booked WL during renovations...also zero problems....
but I have heard from many people that Caribbean Beach is a mess.
You can even see on YouTube guests showing video of their trips and how it looks like more of a major overhaul.
I suppose by September they will have gotten pretty far on the Reno but I would keep a watch of it and if by August if it's still a mess I would pass on CBR.

(my husband loves him a yuengling too):D

We have stayed at POR and loved it. Mostly because the main building is walkable and they have a food court and lounge/Bar (always need a yuengling after a day in the parks.)

The reason that you mention loviing POR is the reason why you should avoid CSR & CBR. Unless you are able to get a preferred room, the main buildings are not really walk-able. Both of them have had complaints of being "too big" for some guests.

So if you can get into POR or POFQ, go with that. If you have to choose between CSR & CBR, you should choose CSR, but get a preferred room. I stayed at CSR a few years ago and it took nearly 15 minutes to walk from my room just to get breakfast in the morning, but I was not in a preferred room.

I was at CSR during these renovations - and I'd go again to take advantage of a slightly lower price. Yes - you can see the tower construction - and they are doing the individual resort buildings, too. But it's "contained" and the main building is unscathed. Now, if you plan to be back at the resort for your 1 year to nap in the afternoon - there may be construction noise at that time.

I would caution you against staying at a resort under construction if you want a "perfect" vacation. Now many folks have no problems and they never even notice any inconveniences, however you need to know how your family is.

We stayed at BC when Hurricane Hannah was under renovation, so there goes the only real CS at the resort. Now we were staying CL so we should not have even noticed, but boy did we. The resort had made accomodations so folks had options, but we felt the strain the CM's were under, and we felt the inconveniences of not having what we wanted when we wanted it in terms of CS lunches.

I bet you a buck that we were not the only people inconvenienced, and the same that the vast majority of jest were just fine. But it was our vacation, and we did feel it, and even though that resort was awesome, and the staff was nice, and our room was perfect, my DH is still complaining 6 or 7 years later.

I always caution people to be sure they know how they expect their resort to be, and it seems that you may compare both CSR and CBR to POR. Neither may measure up.

My wife, 1YR old and myself are going at the end of September.
From what I’ve read, CBR’s construction is worse, but CSR’s also includes the lake restaurant now. You might find both lacking in magic in Sept.
Your dates seem to fall in the Free Dining special. Have you price Animal Kingdom Lodge for your dates with free dining? Might be a chance to try a Deluxe.

From what I’ve read, CBR’s construction is worse, but CSR’s also includes the lake restaurant now. You might find both lacking in magic in Sept.
Your dates seem to fall in the Free Dining special. Have you price Animal Kingdom Lodge for your dates with free dining? Might be a chance to try a Deluxe.

When we costed out the moderates, added in teh cost to upgrade to the regular DDP for all of us, it was not that much more to simply book a deluxe.

The reason that you mention loviing POR is the reason why you should avoid CSR & CBR. Unless you are able to get a preferred room, the main buildings are not really walk-able. Both of them have had complaints of being "too big" for some guests.

I respectfully disagree with this assessment, at least for CSR. I do agree for CBR.

We love POR but have have stayed at CSR twice and are going back in the Fall. It's definitely walkable and comparable in size to POR. The difference is CSR is somewhat round in shape with the resort being around the lagoon whereas POR is built along the river and is more elongated in shape, if that makes sense.

I'll also add the CSR has two great bars, better than the one at POR, so I think it's ideal for an adult who wants some downtime after the parks. CSR is built for this being a convention resort.

I respectfully disagree with this assessment, at least for CSR. I do agree for CBR.

We love POR but have have stayed at CSR twice and are going back in the Fall. It's definitely walkable and comparable in size to POR. The difference is CSR is somewhat round in shape with the resort being around the lagoon whereas POR is built along the river and is more elongated in shape, if that makes sense.

I'll also add the CSR has two great bars, better than the one at POR, so I think it's ideal for an adult who wants some downtime after the parks. CSR is built for this being a convention resort.
We also enjoy CSR and find it walkable. Our favorite building though has made way for the new tower. The newly renovated rooms at CSR look really nice. Ask for a renovated room close to El Centro if you go with a CSR stay. Once the new building and lake are done, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a CSR stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter