• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort Beach Club or Boardwalk?

shuteye

Mouseketeer
I'm now trying to decide between Beach Club or Boardwalk for our stay in June. I have two teen boys and I've heard the BC has a great pool? Is one better for location even though they are near each other?

I prefer BW. Teen boys may prefer the pool at BC though... better water slide, a lazy river, and pick up pool volleyball games.

Both offer you a great location with the ability to walk to both parks. Lots of dining options between the resorts in that area, and the backdoor of Epcot. Also, it's easy enough to walk over to BW when staying at BC to enjoy the festivities there.

If your sons will like the pool and lazy river, then BC makes sense. I've stayed at both resorts and I prefer BWI to BC. Stormalong bay was just too busy, loud and crowded for us, but maybe that won't bother your kids? Most of the rooms at BWI have full balconies, while only a fraction at BC do. We also just like the vibe of the Boardwalk, the food and entertainment that's right there. We did like BC, but after staying at BWI, we really prefer it. Also, my kids really enjoyed the slide at Boardwalk--perfectly good and fast and fun.

We also prefer BWV, but with that said BC pool is the best on property in my opinion. I wouldn't pick one over the other location wise because they are so close together. BW is closer to HS and BC is closer to EPCOT.

I prefer BW for the clubs/shops/food. My DD prefers BC for the long Sand Bottom Pool! Both a great location.

Disneys-Beach-Club-Storm-Along-Bay-1.JPG

I'm now trying to decide between Beach Club or Boardwalk for our stay in June. I have two teen boys and I've heard the BC has a great pool? Is one better for location even though they are near each other?
With teen boys I'd choose Beach Club, due to its Stormalong Bay pool complex, which far exceeds Boardwalk's pool in size and quality. No contest.

When our children were teenagers we stayed at the BC almost exclusively. They LOVED Stormalong Bay! Plus you are only 3 - 5 minutes from the International Gateway to Epcot. You can walk to the BW to enjoy the activities/amenities over there in about 5 minutes.

You can also walk to DHS in about 20-25 minutes or take the boat.

We loved BWI CL, but I hear that it is much more crowded these days so I would be cautious to recommend staying there now. TBH, we really like staying at the Swan/Dolphin as a second choice to the BC. The price that we sometimes get there is unbeatable in WDW resorts.

The Epcot area really is a great place to stay with teens and the BC is the best of the best, IMO. But they are all good resorts. Enjoy!

That is what I'm having a hard time with is I think the BWI sounds perfect but the pool at BC looks awesome!
I prefer BW. Teen boys may prefer the pool at BC though... better water slide, a lazy river, and pick up pool volleyball games.

Both offer you a great location with the ability to walk to both parks. Lots of dining options between the resorts in that area, and the backdoor of Epcot. Also, it's easy enough to walk over to BW when staying at BC to enjoy the festivities there.

If your sons will like the pool and lazy river, then BC makes sense. I've stayed at both resorts and I prefer BWI to BC. Stormalong bay was just too busy, loud and crowded for us, but maybe that won't bother your kids? Most of the rooms at BWI have full balconies, while only a fraction at BC do. We also just like the vibe of the Boardwalk, the food and entertainment that's right there. We did like BC, but after staying at BWI, we really prefer it. Also, my kids really enjoyed the slide at Boardwalk--perfectly good and fast and fun.
Thank you I didn't even think about the balcony which would be nice.

When our children were teenagers we stayed at the BC almost exclusively. They LOVED Stormalong Bay! Plus you are only 3 - 5 minutes from the International Gateway to Epcot. You can walk to the BW to enjoy the activities/amenities over there in about 5 minutes.

You can also walk to DHS in about 20-25 minutes or take the boat.

We loved BWI CL, but I hear that it is much more crowded these days so I would be cautious to recommend staying there now. TBH, we really like staying at the Swan/Dolphin as a second choice to the BC. The price that we sometimes get there is unbeatable in WDW resorts.

The Epcot area really is a great place to stay with teens and the BC is the best of the best, IMO. But they are all good resorts. Enjoy!
Thanks, I will have to check out the Swan too.

I'm a fan of YC but will stay in whichever of the Epcot resorts is less. Seriously, they all have their advantages, the biggest being their closeness to Epcot and HS. BW is my least favorite, yet I just returned from a 4 night stay there last week and had a ball. BC tends to scew toward families with younger kids, it's lighter where YC scews more adult with it's darker decor. Both share facilities, you are pretty much guaranteed a full size balcony at YC, at BC it's a toss up as to whether you are going to get a small stand on balcony or a full size. The pool at BC/YC is nice but can get crowded and noisy, especially with younger kids. Both have quiet pools. The pool at BW is also not bad (clown aside), the hot tub at the main pool and both the quiet pools is on the small size but other wise, the quiet pools are pretty nice and seemed to be actually quieter than the ones at YC/BC. As far as food goes, the sky is the limit. There is no room service at BW since there is no actual in house restaurant but there are a number of places to eat along the Boardwalk. There is a small QS location inside the BC, and there are a couple of sit down restaurants shared between YC and BC and more importantly, you can get room service. You can't go wrong either way.

I have 3 teenagers, 2 girls and a boy. They prefer the Boardwalk. People said it above - SAB is fabulous but crazy. My kids like quiet time at the pool - they like hanging by a quiet pool and reading, texting, listening to music. They like the downtime compared to the parks. SAB can be very crowded in the summer and around holidays and if you are a teen, you might feel like you are being over run by little kids.

Community Hall at BWV is right next to the quiet pool. After hanging out at the pool and when it starts to rain, you'll find my 3 in there playing video games and hanging out.
I don't know your kids - if they prefer a more active noisy environment then BC & SAB is a better fit for them. Also, last time we were at BC there was an outdoor pool or ping pong table on the upper deck by the pool. My kids liked that too.

My family loves the Epcot resort area. The kids love the thought that we can split up and they can walk back to the resort after one more ride on RnR or pop into Epcot for a snack while I'm getting ready for dinner.

BC. I have 3 boys-20, 16 and 14.....we have stayed both. Beach Club kept them much more occupied than the pool at BW.

My kids (13 & 9) love BW. I liked how close it is to HS. It took us 13 minutes to get from the main pool (the elevators come out right next to the main pool in the villa side) to the entrance to HS. I knew BW was close to EP, but didn't realize how close it was to HS. We have never stayed at BC, but it looks really nice too. The one thing that is keeping me from there is the fact that I might not get a balcony. I really love sitting on the balcony at night.

We're staying at the BC for the first time this summer because I just can't say no to that pool..!

I'd vote for BC. Newly updated rooms and Storm Along Bay!

(That said, updated rooms are a big deal for me. I opted for the Swan over BWI because I'd new I'd be getting newer rooms at the Swan. If BC was same price as Swan and BWI, I would have gone with BC, though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter