• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort for Solo Trip

Sounds great,,,,OKW large room, big balcony, quite surroundings,,,,enjoy. We have not done divequest yet, but plan to. Worth the $200?
Yeah, I know it is not the ideal going from the 1-bdrm to studio and then back to 1 bdrm, but I was also limited by both points and availability. But yes, I’ll be at Disney, so all should be good. And the nice big, quiet room while I work will be great.

As far as DiveQuest, if you are a diver, then I think yes, it is totally worth it. First they give you a backstage tour of the Living Seas area, which is awesome in its own right. But the diving is great. It gives you a chance to be part of the show. I think I liked interacting with all of the guests more than looking at the animals. The kids loved it when you would come to the windows. I would play rock, paper, scissors with them, which was a hit. There was even a wedding reception happening at the Living Seas restaurant and I went over and danced with the guests who were on the dance floor. I was also spoiled in the fact that the session I did, I was the only one on tour. Therefore, I got the tank all to myself to dive in. I doubt I will be that lucky again, but needless to say, I’m excited to do it again.

Happy Birthday!

I did a solo 60th Birthday trip last summer. I booked it last minute. It was just after they made the new studios at Grand Floridian available, the ones that are Mary Poppin themed.
I was able to get 5 nights. It was beautiful! Close to pool and main building.

I am doing my 2nd solo trip in 2 weeks staying at SSR studio. I am saving points for a future Aulani trip.

Any place you choose will be great! It depends on your point budget and are you going to the parks.

OKW and SSR are great if you have lots of non parks days due to the proximity to Disney Springs.

I loved being on the monorail loop last summer. So, many option for food and shopping.

My new favorite resort is Rivera. I stayed there twice in the last few years. The Skyliner, close to two parks, the food options, very easy to get around and the resort is gorgeous!
That being said like VGF, expensive on the points!!

Wishing you a fantastic trip, no matter where you stay! 🎂🎂🎂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

One final question for this amazing crew. I just found out a Standard View Deluxe Studio at Polynesian Resort is available for the same time I am doing the Lake View Deluxe Studio at VGF. I really like the Polynesian Resort, but also know they are having a ton of construction going on right now. Has anyone been to the Polynesian lately with the construction? Would that be a better stay than VGF? What are your guys thoughts? Thanks again for your amazing insight.

One final question for this amazing crew. I just found out a Standard View Deluxe Studio at Polynesian Resort is available for the same time I am doing the Lake View Deluxe Studio at VGF. I really like the Polynesian Resort, but also know they are having a ton of construction going on right now. Has anyone been to the Polynesian lately with the construction? Would that be a better stay than VGF? What are your guys thoughts? Thanks again for your amazing insight.
I would stick with VGF this time around (and I love Poly).

Just returned home yesterday from a stay at the Polynesian Villas. The buildings housing the deluxe studios are on the opposite end of the resort from the construction. It was not an issue at all, besides being able to see the unfinished tower building over the tops of the longhouses on the other side of the GCH.

Distance wise, the deluxe studios at the VGF are actually closer to the construction.

If you like the Poly better, I would not hesitate to stay there, as long as you are in a deluxe studio villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter