Which resort is a never or never again for you?

I won’t stay in a value or moderate again. I don’t find the on site perks works staying at that level for the cost. I can get a much nicer hotel room off property for cheaper than them.

For deluxe I’m crossing Contemporary off my list. It used to be my favorite but after my trip I won’t be going back
Just curious why CR is off your list? Trying to pick my resort for my next trip and it’s on my list.

Dolphin. Generic, away, crowded. Meh.
I would have previously said Caribbean Beach Resort, but I will likely try them again, though it has been a decade. Too big. WAY too big. So much walking.

I used to say the all stars, but since the room refurbs I wouldn’t mind another stay.

On non Disney property? Loews Royal Pacific Hotel at UOR. You can go back through my trip reports and prior posts on that one but never again.

Just curious why CR is off your list? Trying to pick my resort for my next trip and it’s on my list.
I had a theme park view room and it was on a lower floor so every time the monorail went through the building my bed shook. The room also never felt clean, even immediately after housekeeping I found dead gnats in the bath and a dead cockroach by the coffee maker. There was a ton of sand on the floor by the balcony door. The floor also didn’t feel clean my feet stuck to it. Was just a lot of little things and the price of the room was really high and didn’t feel like it was worth it. Only nice thing was watching fireworks from bed. The water pressure in the shower part of the bath was awful, could barely get soap out of my hair. And didn’t work originally I had to fix it the thing had come unscrewed or something and we had called about having someone come help but no one ever did.

I would gladly stay at any Disney Resort to any other property that is not in the Disney sphere of magic. It is clear from reading all the responses that Disney definitely has something for everyone. I was amazed to hear some of my favorite locations like AKV, POLY, and even BWV get bashed around a little =) I have stayed at every Resort except AoA, but the contemporary has a sterile feeling about it that is just not appealing. I can respect the appeal it has to many for ALL kinds of great reasons! However without having kids and enjoying darker, more comfortable lobby oriented resorts it's just not my cup of tea.

We just did not like how spread out it is and that it is not really walkable to MK like CR and GF. Plus, my DD10 said she doesn't want to stay at a "fake" Polynesian beach resort. She just wants us to taker her to Hawaii LOL.

This was something me and the rest of my party joked about on our recent trip mostly wrt the price of the bora bora bungalows. Let's just go to the actual French Polynesian islands for goodness sake! My family did the DVC Studios which was in Moorea longhouse, quite far enough away for ice cream from the Lanai to nearly all melt! That and the giant Hawaii building sharing a CL lounge is quickly making the Poly a skip for me as well on future trips.

I would have previously said Caribbean Beach Resort, but I will likely try them again, though it has been a decade. Too big. WAY too big. So much walking.
away? its walking distance from 2 parks. not saying I dont agree with your other points tho.

With Caribbean Beach, being next to the Skyliner is a game changer. It's less time to Studios and Epcot than some of the walkable resorts.

We just did not like how spread out it is and that it is not really walkable to MK like CR and GF. Plus, my DD10 said she doesn't want to stay at a "fake" Polynesian beach resort. She just wants us to taker her to Hawaii LOL.
Haha shots fired. She's not wrong though.

So far, least favorite was Beach Club. The location to Epcot was great, but the room was "meh" and we were totally unimpressed by the pool that everyone raves about. I thought it looked like it needed a good scrubbing. My kiddo didn't enjoy the sand at all. She felt like there could be too much gross stuff in it. (She described it like a litter box! LOL!) I also found the pool area very difficult to navigate. If I want to stay close to Epcot I'm either staying at the Riviera and using the Skyliner, or Boardwalk. (or Swan/Dolphin/Swan+)

Never Again....Any of the All Stars- rooms too small
Caribbean Beach - just didn't like
Grand Floridian - Sugarloaf Outer Building - it was club level for the entire building and not enough food.

POR Wanted to love it, but when they hadn’t assigned my son a room by 6 pm, when check in is at 3 p.m., we were told we had to come to the front desk to straighten it out because there was no way to speak to the front desk by phone from the room. That is not good customer service in a resort that large. Also, it rained and the path by the pool flooded. People were taking off their shoes to walk through the puddles because they were so deep. CMs were all very kind, but we won’t be back.

Saratoga and CBR are our least favorites. The buses were a major problem everytime we've stayed at them.

I'm coming back to this thread because a long time ago, I wrote that I would NEVER stay at CBR again and then weird circumstances came up and we tacked 4 nights onto our trip at CBR...

AND I SHOULD HAVE STOOD BY MY ORIGINAL DECISION! NEVER AGAIN!

The one saving grace for CBR was that we got placed in building 55 and it was SO convenient to the skyliner station at riviera. That's the biggest improvement it has undergone in that time, but never, ever again.

The deluxes are out for us, the exception being DVC villas. Jambo is my favorite but I have no desire to stay at Kidani. We've been to the lobby twice and it feels cramped and crowded, and a little dirty. We've stayed at BWV, SSR, AKL-Jambo, and OKW. Probably wouldn't do OKW again, it's so spread out and confusing, even with a car. Not interested in CR or Poly- maybe the old Poly, but not a fan of the refurb, I miss the waterfall. Not sure about CBR; it's so spread out. Also NO to camping in Disney... gives me the creeps thinking of what kind of creature might want to share my tent!

ETA: I wish the rooms were less generic. I liked the Disney rooms of the 1990s, where the theme of the resort was carried over into the rooms. Sure, they are kinda-trying now, but just barely. I can stay in generic, non-themed rooms anywhere, for a fraction of the price I pay at Disney!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter