Which resort is a never or never again for you?

Never again - Swan - too business-like, SSR - a bit dull, AoA - waaaay too many small children (I know, it's Disney so I should expect them).
Never - I better not say values, as one day (if the rise in the cost of living continues) it may be all I can afford for future Disney holidays.

I've had the good fortune of staying at almost all of the resorts over the years. The only one I would never choose again is Port Orleans Riverside. The dixie/southern plantation mansion theme? Absolute cringe for me. I can hardly believe this is still the resort's theme- how have they not re-themed this (other than removing "dixie" from the name)? Hard pass.

I used to also say CBR- because of the sprawl & awkward layout- but the Skyliner gives it a little more of an advantage now, so I wouldn't put it on my "never" list.

May I ask what irritated your allergies so much at CBR? I ask b/c I have many myself and we wanted to stay there sometime. Just trying to figure out if it's going to be a yes or no go. If you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly you may DM me.
Thanks! :)
Mold and dust mites. Both trigger my asthma. I think once they get the carpets out of those rooms and refurbish them, they'll be just fine. Until then, I give them a pass.

Honestly, I am happy at any resort at WDW, and we've stayed at most and at all three cost tiers.
But now that we own DVC, I probably would never stay at the All Stars again. My son loves these resorts (he's 23 now and still loves them), but for me the chaos of the resort after a long day in the parks is not relaxing.
I suppose you could lump Pop in there too.
As for Moderates, my least favourite is Caribbean Beach, but I haven't stayed there since the skyliner expansion... that might change my mind.
And for Deluxe, so far my least favourite is Saratoga Springs and Contemporary.

Honestly, I am happy at any resort at WDW, and we've stayed at most and at all three cost tiers.
But now that we own DVC, I probably would never stay at the All Stars again. My son loves these resorts (he's 23 now and still loves them), but for me the chaos of the resort after a long day in the parks is not relaxing.
I suppose you could lump Pop in there too.
As for Moderates, my least favourite is Caribbean Beach, but I haven't stayed there since the skyliner expansion... that might change my mind.
And for Deluxe, so far my least favourite is Saratoga Springs and Contemporary.
If you request a room near the Skyliner, I think Caribbean Beach now has the best location on property. It was 10 minutes from leaving my room to entering Epcot or Studios.

Mold and dust mites. Both trigger my asthma. I think once they get the carpets out of those rooms and refurbish them, they'll be just fine. Until then, I give them a pass.
Thank you for your reply. This will make me pass on them until there is a refurb.

Honestly, since staying deluxe and buying DVC, won’t stay anywhere but deluxe. I’d rather not go. We go twice a year and stay about 10 days. We love the parks but definitely don’t do full days anymore. So a good atmosphere and pool are a MUST. AKL and Poly are my favorite and usually will go to only those from now on.

CBR. It’s so pretty and has so many positives, but never again after my trip last month. My bathroom stunk of mildew, the carpet was filthy, and all the AC units were leaking water onto the pathways between rooms. My oldest kid slipped on the water and scraped himself up pretty bad on day one, and I had to go off property to get bandaids big enough to cover all the wounds. I wanted to love it so bad, but I won’t even consider it in the future.

We just did an adult trip and stayed at POP-absolutely loved the Skyliner. It was a shorter trip and we were in the parks all day so it was fine. When I go for a longer trip I wouldn't stay here. I really got tired of the food court and missed a sit down dining option. We stayed at the Garden Wing in the CR this past October and loved it. Big rooms and quiet and we didn't feel it was a long walk to the main (noisy) tower. We enjoyed having Steakhouse 71 & the monorail. I want to try BC next visit, but my husband and daughter want Poly.
Never again is CBR-too spread out for us. POR is OK, but I would actually prefer POP with the Skyliner to them. We didn't like the Hilton at all....we missed the "Disney bubble" and won't do off property again.

I got a free night stay for my wedding at Grand Floridian...we found it so bland that instead of staying and enjoying the resort until check-out we decided to make a run for it to the parks instead, lmao.

So far I've stayed in: Polynesian, Port Orleans, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boardwalk Inn, All-Star Sports & Pop Century over the years. My favorites by far are Poly and POP.

For the first time I am staying at All-Star Music this September, I am already missing POP. I love the Disney themes and huge character statues - that's what makes it "Disney" for me. I love Poly for it's atmosphere and location.

Beach Club, I didn't like the lack of quick service options. I know Epcot is right next door but we like having QS right in our resort. I was also really surprised at all the bus sharing we did with other resorts. I can't afford to stay deluxe anymore anyway. LOL

Even though I am not a fan of the values, they have their place. I feel my young grandkids would love the theming and the pools but I wouldn’t really enjoy it lol

POR Everyone said such nice things about it. On our last visit to WDW, we stayed at AKV Jambo and our flight home was cancelled, so I booked us in POR for the night because I was eager to check it out after all the positive reviews. Wow! What a letdown! The rooms were cheaply appointed—-a curtain dividing the room? Am I reliving Streetcar Named Desire?— and my son’s room was not ready until 3 hours after check-in. You can’t reach the front desk by phone, so, after almost an hour talking with the call center, who couldn’t figure it out, we had to drive to the lobby to find out what was going on with his room. CMs at the front desk were very gracious, but there was some clear disconnect in assigning the rooms. When my son was finally given a room, it still had a mousekeeping sign on the door and it smelled strongly of some sort of industrial cleaner. We had dinner at Boatwright’s, which was pretty good, but it rained so much that the paths from the main building back to the rooms were flooded. People were taking off their shoes to walk through the water. The landscaping is pretty, but there is something very off when you can’t speak to the resort front desk staff unless you physically go there and when several different CMs can’t find a simple room number. We won’t be back.

POR Everyone said such nice things about it. On our last visit to WDW, we stayed at AKV Jambo and our flight home was cancelled, so I booked us in POR for the night because I was eager to check it out after all the positive reviews. Wow! What a letdown! The rooms were cheaply appointed—-a curtain dividing the room? Am I reliving Streetcar Named Desire?— and my son’s room was not ready until 3 hours after check-in. You can’t reach the front desk by phone, so, after almost an hour talking with the call center, who couldn’t figure it out, we had to drive to the lobby to find out what was going on with his room. CMs at the front desk were very gracious, but there was some clear disconnect in assigning the rooms. When my son was finally given a room, it still had a mousekeeping sign on the door and it smelled strongly of some sort of industrial cleaner. We had dinner at Boatwright’s, which was pretty good, but it rained so much that the paths from the main building back to the rooms were flooded. People were taking off their shoes to walk through the water. The landscaping is pretty, but there is something very off when you can’t speak to the resort front desk staff unless you physically go there and when several different CMs can’t find a simple room number. We won’t be back.
I'm afraid most of that could have happened at any Disney resort.

None of the phones at any of the Disney resorts actually connects with the front desk.

Poly. Might be an unpopular opinion but the monorail was down for both of our MK days in the morning so we ended up on a bus. Also couldn't get coffee before 7am in our mugs on our AK day. I would also really like a 1BR vs a studio. Maybe it will happen with the new tower. Would much rather be at a Deluxe where we can walk to parks if the monorail has a bad day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter