• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort pools are heated?

I will just say that we've never had any issues swimming in Disney pools, even in Jan. However, since reopening we've been to 3 pools, all deluxe and we found them all way colder than usual. This was the first week of Sept and 2nd week of Oct., so it certainly wasn't cool out at all. At the Polynesian, we overheard a lifeguard tell another guest that their heater was broken...I had also read a report about that around the same time at another resort. Both pools at AKL were too cold for us adults to swim in...the kids toughed it out though lol. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Disney was saving some money by not turning the heaters on after the closure. I would assume they'd have to have them turned on by now, but after tons and tons of times swimming in Disney pools these last 2 trips we definitely noticed a difference.

They are all heated during cooler months. I know we set the temperature on our pool heater to about 86 degrees and I would get Disney would do similar. But they don't have blanket on the pool during the night, so some heat will be lost when the temperatures get much lower.

When we were at Disney the beginning of November we stayed at both Boulder Ridge at the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk Villas. Both of them had the main pool heated but all of the quite pools were most certainly Not heated!

Whether you find it warm enough to swim may largely depend on where you live and what you consider swimming temps. We are from New England and we’ve enjoyed the WDW pools while others are wearing jeans and hoodies.

We stayed at YC and Poly the week of Thanksgiving. Stormalong Bay was quite cold, while both Poly pools were definitely heated.

Whether you find it warm enough to swim may largely depend on where you live and what you consider swimming temps.

That's so true. A few years ago at CSR there was a cold spell but we went in the pool anyway, and the only other family were from the UK too. It was fine when in the water, but I definitely felt the cold when we got out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter