Which resort: POR vs CBR

BellaBeast787

Earning My Ears
Recently we got an amazing deal for November (Disney plus discount). We are in a preferred room at POR where we have stayed before and loved it. We have a 5th sleeper room and are very excited. CBR is $200 more total and I’m on the fence. We have never stayed there and hearts the sky liner is worth it. Also I have a feeling my boys would enjoy the pool at CBR better. How is the food at CBR? Is it worth to switch?

Recently we got an amazing deal for November (Disney plus discount). We are in a preferred room at POR where we have stayed before and loved it. We have a 5th sleeper room and are very excited. CBR is $200 more total and I’m on the fence. We have never stayed there and hearts the sky liner is worth it. Also I have a feeling my boys would enjoy the pool at CBR better. How is the food at CBR? Is it worth to switch?
I've stayed at both and will try to be as subjective as possible, but the only benefit for us staying at CBR is the skyliner. If it's worth $200, no idea but, if you do plan to visit Epcot/DHS more than AK/MK, then yes, this could be a big perk and worth the extra cash. However, all else being equal, we prefer POR over CBR. POR, while not tiny, is much smaller than CBR and easier to get around. We also prefer the theming at POR over CBR. We really don't love how big the resort is and didn't love the sheer number of bus stops, 8 in total at CBR, so that was a big negative for us. Should the skyliner go down for any reason, the bus service to Ep/DHS resumes and depending on timing, can be slow to get going. November is usually not as rainy as summer months so you should be ok. We don't mind disney buses but riding around that resort for 5 days got old pretty fast. We were in the Jamaica section which is great since you're the first bus stop and not too far from the bridge to the lobby area and skyliner.

The food at CBR isn't bad. The food court is pretty standard fare and the lobby is very nice. We've not dined at Sebastian's or Spyglass at CBR. The pool is nice and there are also other satellite quiet pools around the resort.

$200 is not necessarily a lot of money in terms of lodging at WDW, but it all adds up and unless I was going to be at DHS/Epcot more than the other parks, I'd probably sit tight in the preferred POR 5th sleeper room and maybe take that $200 and do uber or minnie van to the parks if you choose or save it. I know that disney is doing some room refreshes at CBR which they desperately need. No idea which sections have gotten the refresh yet, but if you do go CBR, I'd check that out before you request a section. I'd avoid the 5th sleeper Little Mermaid rooms and stick with the regular 5th sleeper rooms at CBR. The LM rooms are really far from the lobby and pool. We were in Jamaica bldg #45 and felt like it was maybe 5 min to the skyliner, 5 min to the lobby/pool so not a bad location. We had a 5th sleeper. It was about 10 min walk to Riviera which is nice for additional dining options or you could hop on the skyliner and ride over. If you really want to try it out, go for it, but just know, the resort is LARGE.

Last edited:
We love both in our family. DH prefers POR, I prefer CBR. I love the skyliner. A huge plus to CBR is the access to The Riveria for food. We have eaten at Primo Piatto an embarrassing number of times.

You can't go wrong at either is the good news!

We slightly prefer POR over CBR. POR has the better pool slide but CBR has the better pool. I prefer the POR cafeteria. Also POR has the better bar/lounge area as well as the boat to Disney springs. CBR has the skyliner.

It's close, but POR wins for us by a hair.

I'd stick with POR because I'm one of the few people who are not a fan of the sky liner. I've stayed at both, pre sky liner and just like the look and feel of POR more.

We got that same deal and decided on POR. When we stayed at POP last year and used skyliner it was an awesome perk, but I remember flying over CBR and unless you are in the building near the skyline, it seems like it would be a huge walk to get to the Skyliner. CBR seems really spread out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter